Thread: Another Nice Buck For Me........

Another Nice Buck For Me........

Shot this guy about 7:00 this morning, but instead of falling down like he was supposed to, he decided to take off running....clean out of site.

Waited a little bit and Di and I went down to have a look. At the place where he was standing when I shot....nothing...no blood, no hair, no leaves kicked up...nuttin.

So, I start "tracking" the way he was going. Juuuust about the time I was ready to declare it a miss and call it a day (about 10:00), I found ONE drop of what looked like lung blood. So, we kept on looking and looking for sign. Di was ranging up ahead and I was "bird dogging" looking for sign.

I kept moving in the general direction of the path that I'd seen him take at the shot.

Finally, about 11:00 Di said "There he is!!". I looked up from where I was looking and saw him also. He was laying in a tangle of muscadine vines, and had run a total of about 100 yards. Shot through both front shouders, one broken front leg, and obviously lung shot as well. A pretty tough old SOB I reckon. 99% of the deer I shoot with that load through the front shoulders falls down where they stand and are D.R.T.

Now, I have to ask y'all....how many of y'all's wifes would roam the woods looking for your deer, and THEN drag it out of the vines and brambles (because YOU physically can not)?????

So, I wonder if the local taxyermy man will give me a group discount??????
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

image-1145864267.jpg

image-3235098269.jpg

image-3188595509.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Cancer Sucks!

Niner, that is a really fine buck !!!.....and, in answer to you wifey-helping question----in a heartbeat.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Great deer and quite a season, but I think Di is the real trophy in your life.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Very nice Buck Niner! Congrats. You keep it up and you gonna have to take out a loan on the house to pay the taxidermist! :-)
    Di is the real keeper out of it all....
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Fine lookin critter Bill and good shootin. Our season opens toooday but it's raining and I'll wait for the evening sit!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Wow.

You're beating everybody this year! Way to go boy! Out Flipping Standing!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Man, you are tough on the nice bucks this year. You and Di are the Dynamic Duo of Deer Hunting this year.

Dang Bill! Nice buck! A banner year for you! And you sure picked yourself out a heck of a woman.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Very nice lookin deer looks like you might need loan for your taxi this year

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Way to go Bill!! You most definitely have things figured out this fall when it comes to shooting dandy bucks. Congrats on that and even more so on picking a mighty fine wife.

Who you looking at in that last picture?
    Your camo don't match.
    And the next time you come up here to hunt you gonna hunt off the porch.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

What choo tawkin bout. My hat and my shirt match.....sortof
    Ya can't be wearin' camo around these deer.....they'd think something was amiss and get all spooky.

Here's a kindof funny thing. I shot the Veteran's Day Buck with my old Pre '64 M70 Winchester. I shot this one with my new South Carolina Made Winchester M70. This deer is the "first blood" on the new rifle. So, I reckon that ain't a bad way to break in a new deer rifle.

And this new M70.......was my reward to myself for making it through all that doggoned chemo and surgery back in 2012/2013.

Cancer Sucks!

Just a little extra icing on the cake!!

Gee willikers Niner! That's another dandy!

BKB