Thread: PDA anyone?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

PDA anyone?

I have been thinking of what would be better than my Canon digital camera for viewing SD cards from my trail camera(s) in the field.

It works fine, so I am not going to spend much, if any. But I did read of a guy that said he bought an old "PDA" off of Ebay for $10.00. I guess it accepts SD cards.

I use 32g SD cards, so it'd have to be able to read those in .jpg format. And be easy to scan through the pics (outside in the cold!) and erase.

I never had a "PDA" thingy.

Thoughts????
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

This is what I have.
    Works great.
    It's made for the job you are talking about.
    Buy it.
    http://www.wildgameinnovations.com/p...ml#.VJ21KoDAJQ
    image-484500293.jpg
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I see those.

I am SO MUCH upset with Wildgame Innovations stuff.......long story, but I had 3 cameras, all different models, and not one would take a picture of much of anything. I tried everything. I finally sold them. But the concept of this viewer is good, and it sure seems they have very little competition.........

I use my digital camera now. A guy told me of a cheapo PDA he uses. But now I hear that the old PDA's didn't have good quality viewing. It was/is sort of a wild shot. The digital camera works.......just hate to take it out in cold/wet/field area.......but it works ok, let's me see the pics fine.

Just thinkin'..........
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

None of them would take a picture and you SOLD THEM!
    I'm sure you made someone's day...
    I had about 9 or 10 trail cameras that I got aggravated at, some would work, some would work sometimes, and some would not take a picture. I gave them ALL away.
    Would not have thought of selling them....
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Maybe there wasn't anything there for it to take a picture of.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    None of them would take a picture and you SOLD THEM!
    I'm sure you made someone's day...
    I had about 9 or 10 trail cameras that I got aggravated at, some would work, some would work sometimes, and some would not take a picture. I gave them ALL away.
    Would not have thought of selling them....
    You're richer than me.

I got ten bucks for five of 'em! To be honest, I sold the 'extended battery pack' for ten bucks, and gave the cameras away free! I even tried sending them back to Wildgame Innovations with a letter......and they sent em back to me saying " tough luck, dude". Great company, huh?

And I watched deer walk in front of those cameras and feed for an hour, and no pictures. The ones I have now work fine.

Been after this brute all season. This is the onliest daytime pic. Screenshot_2014-11-29-14-43-00.jpg

That would be torture knowing he's there, but never seeing him. Is he a regular? Do you have nighttime pics?

I view pics on my 8" tablet. It has a screenshot feature that makes it easy to save the good ones.

Pic of a pic off my buddys camera. He couldn't figuure out how to save it. Shows his width. IMG_1301.jpg

He sho'nuf gots some big ol' eyes!