Thread: I set the trail cam on..

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar

I set the trail cam on..

"otter" last night... works.

If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Is that Antarctica?
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I'm figuring on peeling the hide off a couple those next week.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

My cousin built a catfish pond down close to the river on his place and the state released some otters on him. They cleaned his entire pond out.

BKB

Yeah Barry, we really didn't need them here either. But, the DNR, in all its wisdom, turned a bunch loose about 20 years ago. A friend of mine has a beautiful pond right in his front yard. One winter he called and said he had seen an otter. I told him to whack it on sight. He decided it probably wouldn't eat much so left it alone. Went on for days. Then one morning he came out and, by the hole kept open by the aerator, he saw two bass over 5#, a half dozen pound crappie and another dozen bluegills.. not eaten - just laying on the ice. So he calls the DNR. They tell him, "Oh, don't worry. Otters are highly transient.. it will move on." Couple/three weeks - more of the same. .204 - problem solved .. Next spring he put $800 worth of fish in his pond.