Thread: Pretty Deer Killer...

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar

Pretty Deer Killer...

I was able to get in one quick stand after work yesterday evening. I got lucky and howled in a triple. Of the three I was able to put two on the ground. I just couldn't quite get a shot at the third one. Almost did, had it hesitated just a half a second more I would have dumped it, but it didn't, and I didn't. However, of all the coyotes I've killed this season, this is one of the prettiest. She's a gorgeous heavily furred mature pale colored female. She might be pretty, but I'm sure she's killed her share of deer and taught her young to do so as well. Nice to have her no longer roaming the hills.

What pretty looks like boys...

That sure is a fine lookin critter fur wise. Is the shootin iron your 243, also what scope and crosshair is on it?

Fido, it's a 22-250 and it's my go-to gun for coyotes. It has a Bushnell 6500 Elite Tactical 4.5x30x50 scope on it. If there is a better scope for coyote hunting I haven't seen it. It's nice being able to have it turned down to 4.5X for the close shots at hard chargers, and then being able to crank it up to 30X for those coyotes that pause out there at 300+ yards.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    OK.........I can't imagine "pretty" being a label for a stinking, nasty, evil, coyote. Now, I gotta admit, yours look different than ours do (imagine that, all your animals do!), but ugh. Old camp i was in caught one once, and put it in a dog pen. It was the most evil, crazy acting, animal I ever saw. Ours are mangy, reclusive, hard to ever see, harder to get a shot at, and mean as snakes. Those that hunt them here say they might come to a call.........once a year. Most don't.

Had a pack in the yard two nights ago. I went outside with spot light, and bam...........gone..........before I could even get the door open.

I'd pay you large dollars (each one is 6" long) to come shoot 50,000 of these things here.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Wow! Is that my rusty ol' shootin' iron? I don't think I've ever seen a pic of it in the field. That's really, really cool. VERY nice lookin' 'yote!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Ahh, she's taking a nap...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Chicken Dinner, I thought it was real convenient of her to take a nap by my rifle like that.

Nope Thumper, this rifle is a Ruger.

OK..........is that the old laminated 'green' stock Ruger made in......1984 or so? Bill Ruger for some reason hated that stock, and stopped its production after 2 years, I think. Buddy of mine has one in .270. Tang safety, that stock..........just knockdown beautiful.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

You da man, Sky!!!!....hope you kill a hunnert more of those bastages !!!
    Southern Gentleman

Buckrub, while the colors are similar, it is not at all the same stock design or the exact same color as the one you mentioned from the late 80's early 90's.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Kill 'em all. Like bailing the ocean with a teaspoon.. They'll outlive us. That's a purty one.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Hmmm.

So is that a Boyd's Classic stock in color Royal Jacaranda by chance????????

No, but the original one you were talking about was a Boyd's stock.