Thread: You Liberal guys told me it was silly to worry that this might happen.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

You Liberal guys told me it was silly to worry that this might happen.

http://nypost.com/2014/04/23/married...g-first-child/

next? Fourple, with a goat..........
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I'm not a liberal. I'm a libertarian which actually makes me more conservative than you Republicans. I just don't see how this is something we need to concern ourselves with.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Really?

Ok then.

Regardless of that, when this has been discussed, some folks here have said that it might lead to this, or marrying animals, or other further-out behavior. And others on here have said that was silly, and not worth worrying about because such things just won't happen. Whether you care or don't care, this was proof that it is happening. That's all.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    I'm not a liberal. I'm a libertarian which actually makes me more conservative than you Republicans. I just don't see how this is something we need to concern ourselves with.
    Bingo, shit like this and worse has been happening since people first walked upright......
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I'm sure others have. I haven't though and your insinuation that it makes me liberal hit a chord.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

It wasn't you that said that. I didn't even think of you. Didn't mean to hit a chord. Just saw this and remembered I'd been told this wouldn't happen.

And whether folks have always done it or never done it, I'd think is immaterial. And I no longer discuss these things from a right vs. wrong view. I just see it as a change for the worse in society.

A: you said that state sanctioned gay marriage would lead to people marrying animals and such. This isn't a state sanctioned marriage and it ain't people marrying animals, its people marrying people.
    2. Polygamy has been a part of human society since the beginning. If you'll check and see, your basic Bible characters had hundreds of wives often. They probably had frowners saying 'look what the liberals have done now' then too. Don't blame liberals. Its what God supposedly told them to do.
    Lastly: how does this affect you in even the teeniest weeniest way? I swear you're like the Mrs Cravits next door.

BKB

A: It is "such".........

2. No it isn't. He allowed it, but said he didn't approve. Being the "husband of one wife" is a qualification of being a church leader.

Lastly: It doesn't affect me directly. It offends me, personally. However, I'm not advocating genocide of all such perpetrators. I'm simply having a discussion of an opinion of mine. This is an internet chat site. I'm internet chatting. Nothing more. Just having a conversation about something I think. Disagree. Agree. Regardless, I didn't advocate any action. I simply said that I found an example that folks here told me I would not find.

I don't know Mrs. Cravits.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Lots more bad shit going on in the world than this. I'm pretty much a libertarian in my views as well and really could care less what two (or more) consenting adults do to each other. If it makes you happy and you're not hurting anybody then I'll just mind my business and carry on.

I think (and this is just my personal opinion) that the world would be a far better place if people just minded their own businesses.