Thread: For you speed freaks....

For you speed freaks....

Southern Gentleman

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    No thanks, I'm more a quaalude man myself
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Holy moly! That seems like a REALLY bad idea
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Holy moly! That seems like a REALLY bad idea
    NO SHEEIT !!!!....but, I guarantee you that my 13 year old grandson would try wake-boarding, behind it....little daredevil.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Actually that might actually get me to ride on a pontoon boat. To me pontoon boats are like Oldsmobile's only people over 70 drive them. I just can't get excited about them. Yeah I know there are lots of people that party on pontoon boats, but I'm not into that seen so it's a non-plus to me.

Ha ha ha! Sky, just yesterday we were behind some slowpoke Yankee with no place to go and in no hurry to get there. People who LIVE here and have someplace they need to be, were going every which way to get around them. When we came up behind them, it was the typical old man/lady in a 2005 Buick LaSabre 4-door. What made it complete? The metallic AAA sticker on the back bumper!

Does ANYBODY under 80 use AAA? If they do, I'll guaran-damn-tee you, they don't stick the decal on their cars. Both my grandparents had AAA and my grandfather even had one of those little metal AAA plates screwed onto his licence plate frame.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Hahahaha....I've used more than one trip tych. Got a AAA membership for a wedding present in'76 the first time around. I could never follow those damn directions though! Always driving off the path. Maybe it was an omen come to think of it.
    And I still argue with my GPS on routes. Don't know why I can't trust the damned things.

BKB

They'll screw you over if you don't keep an eye on 'em!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Hahahaha....I've used more than one trip tych. Got a AAA membership for a wedding present in'76 the first time around. I could never follow those damn directions though! Always driving off the path. Maybe it was an omen come to think of it.
    And I still argue with my GPS on routes. Don't know why I can't trust the damned things.

BKB
    When we went to Montana muley hunting a few years ago, my buddy got totally p.o.'ed at me for relying on my Garmin car GPS. He said "Just read the map, stop relying on technology that can fail".

I just laughed.

Where do you think maps come from? You think maps use different data than the GPS does? IF not, which one would you think would be more current?
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I think GPS is one of the coolest inventions we've had recently. Fascinating.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Me too but it's totally dependent on each nav system. I have yet to see anything that beat the WAZE app on a smart phone. It learns your preferences and adapts routes and gives you multiple choices. And oh, tells you when there's cops which is freakishly accurate and works like a champ!

I'm not entirely impressed with the nav app in my pickup. Part of it I'm sure is I'm used to Garmin products and their stuff seems intuitive to me. Seems like I have to jack around with this app too much.
    The other part is I need to spend somectime in the driveway resetting some shit on it which I haven't took the time to do. And yeah, I need to read the manual I guess too dammit.
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    That wouldn't be the mythical new truck we've heard about but never seen, would it? Did you name it "Bigfoot"? I've heard a lot about them too, but still never seen one.
    Last edited by DeputyDog; 03-05-2015 at 01:32 PM.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    As for that pontoon, that is just crazy fast on the water. I've got a Yamaha Waverunner that I've had up to 70 MPH, but it scared the shit out of me going that fast that close to the water. Of course, the only place I've been able to get it going that fast was on a houseboat trip to Lake Cumberland in Kentucky. We've got some big lakes around here, but they are too crowded to get anything going that fast safely.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    That wouldn't be the mythical new truck we've heard about but never seen, would it? Did you name it "Bigfoot"? I've heard a lot about them too, but still never seen one.
    Have thought about this. There HAS to be a reason for the reluctance. I can guess what it is, but I ain't saying.

FWIW, the built in GPS in my new truck, I don't much care for either. Oh, it works........and gets you there. Glad it's built in and I have it. BUT, my 2797 has so much neater features, and easier to use, that I set it on the dash for any trip. If nothing else, it's neat to see actual speed, elevation as you travel (who knew Kansas has spots higher than some mountains?), time remaining, distance remaining, etc.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.