Thread: People are funny..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Did you ever have those "things" that if you just kept to yourself.. people wouldn't know what a gullible putz you are? Well, seems I have lots of them and I'm seldom bright enough to keep my mouth shut.

A few days ago, I received a check from Oregon.. actually for a few dollars more than I thought we'd settled on. I dropped him a note to let him know it had landed and sent a picture of a squirrel tail fly I tie and one of that crappie. Got back a note saying he wouldn't be able to fish or even tie for awhile because "life' had happened and he had to take on a second job. Currently working 6 days a week and 12 hours a day.

Not sure if I was feeling benevolent, reminiscent of the old days ( I worked some of those hours) or just gullible.. but I told him I was tearing up the check - he could send me some flies or enough wood to make a knife handle or consider it a gift.

Even if I got "got".. he can probably use the money at least as much as I can. I know, probably "hook in mouth, flopping on bank, gasping for air".

Edit: "That's not why I said what I did but I thank you. Your gift made my day a bit brighter. Got to get back to work for now but again thanks for the smile, I needed one. I'll put together something when I get a chance. The work frenzy will hopefully get us back on our feet.
    Take care and may God bless you and yours,
    Trez"

What the hell.. the "thank you" was worth it.. Maybe I'll buy me a drink tonite.
    Last edited by HideHunter; 03-17-2015 at 12:40 PM.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.