Thread: Mother Eff

Mother Eff

Driving my wife down so she could look in five fucking tile stores for some really simple shower wall tiles and got behind a friggin caravan of dump trucks and one had rocks the size of bird eggs flying out the back of it and got a noce star on my windshield. Got the tag number and name of the trucking company but waiting to cool off before I call them. Hell, they'll probably just laugh. I oughta call the damn cops but they got better shot to do.

New windshield here we come!

Dumb fucks. Those loads are supposed to be covered and the trucks free of that shit after they dump.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I'd call the cops if for no other reason then they refused to do anything at all when your guns were stolen.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Biggest lobby in this state has to be gravel trucks. Every legislative session, there is a push to make a law that gravel trucks have to be covered.

NOoooooooo way! Lobbyists always win, they are never covered. They have signs "Stay back 200 feet. NOT responsible for accidents".

Oh yeah, you are!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Its kind of hard ro stay 200 feet back when three of the assholes force their way onto the expressway in almost bumper to bumper traffic at 70 mph.

BKB

Amen bro. They drive like maniacs.

I have thought of putting a sign on the back of my truck that says "Please stay at least TWO contiguous states back".
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    It pisses a person off, but there isn't anything the police can do other than maybe cite them for a "leaky load", but I wouldn't count on it.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    I had one, put a rock in my windshield, years ago.
    Got the plate number and company phone number.
    Called them and they said they wouldn't do anything, because they don't have to.

Just like if any vehicle passes you, and their tire throws a rock, nothing you can do about it.

sonsabitchassfucksticks is what they are.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Effin' effers.

BKB

If it realy really...REALLLLLY pisses you off, you could find out where they park at night and "pay them a little visit". Of coursre YOU'D be the outlaw at that point ifyouknowhatimeanandithinkyoudo.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

The dangerous part of that is we think alike.

BKB

The next worse thing than a gravel truck is a frigging sand truck. They DO have to cover their load down here, but what good does it do to lay a roll of plastic the length of a sand truck? Get stuck behind one of those f'ers for just a few minutes and the paint is sand-blasted off the leading edge of your hood, PLUS your windshield becomes "frosted"! I hate 'em!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Been there.. In Iowa.. if a rock falls off the load.. they are liable. If it comes off a tire, it is "an act of God".. Now, just try proving "God" didn't do it.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

I have a sister-in-law who does the insurance thing. One of her biggest clients is the local quarry so I asked her about your situation. She says here they pay the claims, no questions asked. Cheaper than going to court and they will end up paying either way. Laws must be different here in VA.

I have no doubt my insurance would cover it. But my deductible would be more than a new windshield. I have ding amd dent protection I bought with my truck. It MAY be covered there.

BKB

Most glass companies will install one free if you have $100 deductible comp. They just eat it.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    It used to be that glass claims had a lower deductible. I know my insurance company, and also AAA, have discounts with the auto-glass places.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I have a $1k deductible. I'll check my policy tomorrow when I'm sober.

BKB

We got a pretty decent sized "peck" in Lynn's w/s just a few weeks ago in Sou. Florida. So far it hasn't spread. If it stays the way it is, it'll be no big deal. I'll just have to wait and see what the temperature fluctuations are going to do after a while. No clue where the rock came from ... we were on I-95 in heavy traffic doing 75 mph.

$1K deductible comprehensive??

Yup. The difference in rates is amazing. And I haven't had a reportable accident in ike 40 years.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I have ding amd dent protection I bought with my truck. It MAY be covered there. BKB
    You bought a truck????? ;-)
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    You bought a truck????? ;-)
    Great minds think alike. I ALMOST made the same post yesterday ... but decided to let it rest. Besides ... if he did ... it ain't new anymore ... I mean, heck, it even gots a busted windshield and all. Next comes a door ding or a big ol' hairy scratch.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    I have $1K collision but, living on gravel, I keep $100 on comprehensive. Our company will fix "chips" for free - to us. Between the two of us, it's usually at least one apiece a year.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Wonder what color his truck is?

Well this is interesting.

I had NO memory of what deductible I had. So I went online and looked. Don't know why, but on my old (Mama's) truck, I have $100 deduct Comp and $500 Collision. On my new beast, I have $500 deduct on both.