Thread: Never-Wet Question

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

Never-Wet Question

Anybody ever tried Never-Wet on an ATV seats or body???????????
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Don't know about Never-Wet but I shined up the seat on my dirt bike with Armour All one time and it was a BIG mistake. So slippery I coudn't stay on the damm thing!

Yeah, that's different stuff.

This stuff is danged magic....but won't go on just anything. If it would go on an ATV without problems, sure seems that'd be great.......
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Sounds like one of those Amish Secret TV commercials ....

No. It works, but not on everything. I got a reply from someone that tried it and said it took forever to do one small portion of his ATV, and it goes on 'white' or has a white haze.........and for items with abrasion (wind like automobiles, water like boats, or shoe bottoms, or rugs) it doesn't last very long.

So.......maybe worth it for the vinyl seats, but not much else. Sure seems it'd be a great thing if it worked. One best application is satellite dishes.......

Sounds like my ex wife.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    Don't know about Never-Wet but I shined up the seat on my dirt bike with Armour All one time and it was a BIG mistake. So slippery I coudn't stay on the damm thing!
    Ha ha! Johnboy, I made the same mistake once. I was racing a Honda at the time and there were some Honda reps at the race. I had my bike all shined up and looking good in the pits. I wiped my seat, hand grips and footpegs down with ArmorAll and everything looked like new. When the race started, the first thing they did was to run us up a steep hill climb (enduro racing). Leather pants, leather gloves and race boots were no match for that stuff and I squirted off the back of the bike like a stomped banana. Pretty embarrassing!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain