Thread: Lord its hard to be Humble

Lord its hard to be Humble

When you can constantly spank Turkeys like this.. Had already limited out in the area of SC where the farm is so I went to a buddied piece of Property in a different part of the state. (Can get 3 more in this area) It was raining and windy and I did not have a chance to scout this land but knew the general lay-out, creeks, hills etc. Did not hear any gobbling this morning probably because of the cold rain. But about 9:30 or so this big boy comes in range trying to find the hen that's been yelling all morning. So I gave him a barrel and now got work to do!

image-4238197432.jpg

Big hooks and long beard

image-3710297377.jpg

image-4134887717.jpg
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I swear.

You must SMELL like a hen turkey!

What a machine.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

He IS a turkey!

Where's the "Bucky photo"?

Nice bird BTW ... I'm jealous.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Nice bird! I'm going to have to have you up to my new hunt club next year so you can add three VA turkey to your total.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    That is an exceptionally nice bird. He's no 2 year old.

I normally don't weigh them but I thought this was either a very heavy bird or I was getting awful weak.
    Can you see the weigh on the scales?

image-66719155.jpg

I do remember shooting one one year that was north of 26 lbs. so this is probably the second biggest.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    That makes me want to get back out after a gobble myownself but first the wind has to drop down to something less than a mild hurricane.

Was into jakes several times last Saturday but chose to let them grow up. The big boys were there but my sweet-talking wasn't good enough to pull them from the hens they were worth. Next time.

I happened to "be" in the other side of cappy calling one time. I was not aware he was hunting the same area I was. Of course, Im doing my calling when I hear a hen call back, then another hen from a relative different direction and then it happened again so I take a sit and call back... Well, I must sound horrible because I hear Larke goes "Nandy, is that you!" lol! I swear, the guy sounds like different birds and can project the call so it sounds it is coming from different angles...

Hey Cappy, what is the guide fee!!!??? lol!

I should go friday morning and saturday all day, seems those will be the only days I will get to hunt. Leaving on vacation on the 24th and will not be back until May 3rd.