Thread: Arrrrgggghhhh!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oh Lordy... the bible verses are coming out

To Arty's point. I think there's some more subtle (maybe not subtle) things at play where Christians get mocked and chastised much more these days than they used to. My generation, in my part of the world, Christian beliefs ruled the day. The religious rules were applied daily and in every instance where discipline was administered in one form or another.

Fast forward to today and somewhere along the way the "authority" of Christianity got pulled back a little bit for whatever reason. People felt empowered to speak about it in ways that would have gotten them shooshed and punished when they were younger.

The old lady admonishing with a bible and a tsk tsk has far less power these days. The community priest is just a man, no more no less and has no say. Stuff like that. to me, Christianity has lost it's grip on the country and Christians don't like it one bit. Quite naturally they feel slighted, ignored and lost some control as people have marched to their own drummer if they feel the need to do so.

Just something I've noticed in my wiser years. Not saying it's all day every day, but there's some of that going on, in my opinion. And we've already discussed opinions
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Oh Lordy... the bible verses are coming out To Arty's point. I think there's some more subtle (maybe not subtle) things at play where Christians get mocked and chastised much more these days than they used to. My generation, in my part of the world, Christian beliefs ruled the day. The religious rules were applied daily and in every instance where discipline was administered in one form or another. Fast forward to today and somewhere along the way the "authority" of Christianity got pulled back a little bit for whatever reason. People felt empowered to speak about it in ways that would have gotten them shooshed and punished when they were younger. The old lady admonishing with a bible and a tsk tsk has far less power these days. The community priest is just a man, no more no less and has no say. Stuff like that. to me, Christianity has lost it's grip on the country and Christians don't like it one bit. Quite naturally they feel slighted, ignored and lost some control as people have marched to their own drummer if they feel the need to do so. Just something I've noticed in my wiser years. Not saying it's all day every day, but there's some of that going on, in my opinion. And we've already discussed opinions
    You kinda got it right.
    My point was more towards why Christian beliefs are bashed, but eerbody' is scared to take a jab at Muslims, Hindu, etc etc.

Their all religious beliefs, why is Christianity "picked" on... While others aren't equally picked on?

The "they" I speak of is mostly talking heads, news media, both print and television.