Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arrrrgggghhhh!!

Arrrrgggghhhh!!

Lynn has just informed me that I WILL watch tv with her tonight (9:00 pm, I think?). Subject? Diane Sawyer's interview with Bruce Jenner about him becoming a female! I think I'll start drinking again ... like right now! Someone please shoot me!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Instant man card revocation
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Instant human revocation. No human should be interested in that, not ABC news, not you, not her, nobody.

Seriously.

Have her committed.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

All I know is, it's gonna cost her dearly ... and THAT will more than cover the price of admission! IfyoulnowwhatImeanandIthinkthatyoudo!

I feel sorry that you have to watch that thump, but that is some sick shit that shouldn't be on TV ever.....

Heck. I just informed her that I'd be breaking into my trusty ol' Pfizer bottle and gulping down a little blue pill about half way through the interview, so she'd better be ready for some payback. It's then she informed me it's a TWO HOUR interview. Sheeeesh! I think she's gonna have to owe me a little something more for extra credit! I refuse to be the loser on this deal!

Too late
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    there is probably something out there that would interest me less but nothing comes to mind at the moment. Well maybe a state of the union address. Just thinking about it makes me want to crank up Bad Company and do a drive by tazing
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I don't know if you've noticed or not. But you ARE correctly Titled to do so
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

I realize I'm only a junior noticer but I picked up on that fast quick and in a hurry. nothing like 1200 volts to get your attention although sometimes you have to double dip if the feller is big........or so I hear. Actually probably a better title for Cap, I spect he has a little experience with one
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    If he does, it wasn't a good experience. If I remember correctly, he has a dislike for Tasers.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

I have a friend who is a policeman and he said he'd take a taser anyday over pepper spray. guess it just depends on how you prefer your pain
    Albert Einstein

Never been tased ... but we had to endure tear gas as part of our training in the military. NOT a pleasant experience ... and I sure wouldn't ever want to experience it again!

I'm a Taser instructor, and I'd definitely take getting tased over pepper spray anytime. I'm also smart enough not to want to get tased more than once, the one time was enough!
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

So did Bruce Jenner or that pill give you a boner? Sounds like a handy excuse to me.

BKB

Ummm, Sunny ... assuming there is a God, he IS what God created. Duh. The question you need to ask is "Why". Oh, I forgot, we shouldn't question God. He has a plan, etc. etc. etc.

I did watch the show and it was actually a bit interesting. He's been "this way" since childhood, but has always managed to hide it. He enjoyed dressing up in his sister's clothes as a child and has done it all his life. I'll bet the Paparazzi are kicking themselves in the ass because he talked about how he'd go to his hotel room when traveling, change into women's clothes, leave the hotel "as a woman" and would spend all day around town without anyone recognizing him. Heck, he even went through hormone therapy back in the 80's, but discontinued it after hooking up with Kris Kardashian because he was growing boobs ... in fact, he had breast reduction surgery at that time. He also went through the suicidal thing and even looked into "reassignment surgey" in Denmark just before meeting Kris. What suprised me was the fact his friends and family never out'ed him. His close friends have always known, yet nobody ever ratted him out. I think that right there shows his character as somebody could have made an overnight fortune by passing on the secret ... but NOBODY ever did.

He's coming out now because he's in his mid-60's, is tired of living the lie and just wants to be himself for a change ... or herself!

Oh, BTW ... he's not gay. I won't go into all that because I seriously doubt anyone here would understand the difference ... or even care to ... but it was an interesting story none the less. No clue how all this is going to play out, but more power to him.

You're crazy for watching that.

THAT is not validly debatable!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Look for a new TV series on how to be a tranny ......

Oh, I have no doubt at all some goofy "reality show" will spin off of all this. I have no clue what it would entail presactly and seriously doubt I'll ever find out. I'm sure Lynn will watch it though. She's glued to the set when the Kardashians comes on ... I always have to find something else to do or watch the other tv.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    So did Bruce Jenner or that pill give you a boner? Sounds like a handy excuse to me. BKB
    Just the fact that Thumper can mention Jenner and boner in the same thread is disturbing.....
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Well, this thread kind of answers Bucky's question in the other post. Sunny commented on her belief that this was against what God intended for people, and she gets jumped on for having stated her religious belief.

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    Well, this thread kind of answers Bucky's question in the other post. Sunny commented on her belief that this was against what God intended for people, and she gets jumped on for having stated her religious belief.
    And it also backs up his statement that things don't get discussed.

I can't quote Sunny here or I'll be facing the Devil myownfineself, so you'll simply have to read her statement again if you care to. I don't really see where she got "jumped on". I simply asked a question. Why? Didn't God create Jenner in the first place? Obviously, God fucked up (or did He?) and Jenner is trying to correct the "defect" to the best of his ability. If you have a child born with a cleft lip and/or palate, would it be a sin to have it surgically corrected? How about a heart defect? Just "live with it"? Mental illness? Treat it or let it go? Is it a sin to wear glasses (corrective lens') if our eyesight isn't what it should be? The questions are endless. I don't get how the Bible thumpers of the world feel they have the right to pick and choose and act as if they know what God had in mind for everything and everyone He created. I suppose this is just one of the reasons I have such a problem with religion in the first place ... the total and constant hypocrisy. It reminds me of questions I'd ask in Sunday school as a little (curious) kid. How did Noah get all those animals on that little ark? How did so few people feed and care for all those animals? Where did all the food come from? What did they do with all the poop? I was just an innocent little kid with questions and was deemed a trouble-maker for asking those questions and not just blindly accepting what I was told as fact.

Your post is typical. You (and Sunny) have it in your heads you know for a fact what God wanted ... and anyone who doesn't agree with YOUR thinking will go to Hell.

Did any of you even watch the show? Did you hear the man speak? Do you even have a clue what he's been through? What he thinks? What he feels? Does it even matter?

Anything "He's been through" as you say is what HE put himself through...

Typical response.

This IS typical of what Bucky was talking about in his other thread. Nobody here is going to change Sunny's opinion. Nobody's gonna change Jimmy's, either. But this site is just a microcosm of the bigger picture.

20 years ago I would have called Bruce a freak and judged him harshly. Now, I don't think I or anyone else is in any justifiable place to judge him. Let him be who he is and leave him the hell alone. Why do we try so hard to slap our moral template on people? Maybe we're all just tired of being told we're doing it wrong?

Maybe there IS a religion of tolerance and acceptance. For me, it doesn't go that far though. I just think we should let people be whoever they are and focus on being happy, compassionate and living our own lives.

Crap, am I Buddhist?

The Dali Lama walks in to a pizza joint and says "Make me one with everything."

LJ for President!

Sunny ... my point is, if He made him into a man ... evidently he screwed up somewhere along the line. Or is that even possible? If God gave Jenner a pecker ... why didn't He give him a brain to match?

Ummm, Sunny ... I don't want to quote you ... but go back and read your second sentence. Does that truly make any real sense to you?

My problem is that Thump (and his agree-ers) gets to state all that he said above, and if I, or Sunny, give OUR opinion of why we think he's wrong, or what we think about it, we're villified as not being tolerant and for not just 'letting folks alone'. My belief is not valid, and his is.

More, I promised him I would never again get into a direct discussion with him about religion.......as it upset him so much for me to give my opinion of things as I saw them. He assumed I was calling him names. At the end, I tried to 'turn the other cheek' finally, and let him have the last word and not reply. I sense that since then there's an unnecessary tension, and I attribute it mostly to all that. I could be wrong.

But of course it isn't kosher these days to be tolerant of those who believe there is a standard of right and wrong. Len asked "why can't we leave him alone". Well, we ARE! NO one is calling him up and suggesting he change. I AM 'letting him live'. We're simply discussing our views of life, as it applies to this. I believe, and many others do also, that there is black and white standard that states that this kind of behavior is wrong. I didn't make those rules. If I had, I'd have made them differently! Jim thinks he can ask a ton of questions that HE can't answer, and that doing so proves that there are NO answers. That's incorrect, but we don't get to discuss it in depth with him........and truthfully not anyone else like him. Our views are dismissed. THAT is the issue I have........not that anyone has a differing view..........but that their view is relevant and mine is worthless.

And that's all I have to say on this matter.

I hear ya Bucky. I don't judge you for your opinion. Maybe that's the word that everyone needs to pay more attention to.

These are all OPINIONS. Not facts, not truths, not absolutes, not rules, not judgments, not condemnations, they're opinions. We present them as if they are something else but in the end they are not.

I have noticed that the louder someone screams for tolerance, the more likely that they are not tolerant at all. That used to really piss me off. Now it just amuses me.