Thread: Arrrrgggghhhh!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Stop getting your panties in a wad all the time, ok?

Those are YOUR definitions. That's how YOU use them. I get that, and when I figured that out, I never called you an Atheist again. Stop putting words in MY mouth that I did! I did not, not after that.

But the definitions I read do not make such a clear distinction as you do.......but yet again, I am forced to accept your definition and not the one I find. I'm sure you are 100% correct, and that I'm not, though.

But I made my points that I wanted to make, and I'm done. I harbor no ill will in any wa, I just want to make sure it's known what I did and what I said and what I believe. My view of life is just as valid as yours is..........and I will stand by that, no matter how much you tell me it rankles you for me to accept as fact the things that I believe. And I didn't call you anything, not lately, and I didn't put words in your mouth.

You can respond, but I'm officially done with this particular discussion with you.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

LJ ... that is not MY definition ... it came from some site on religion ... don't even remember what it was ... something about "Religion Explained" or sumpin' like that. (Granted, I should have posted a link)

We can play the dictionary game all night long ... this is directly from the Cambridge Dictionary. (see, take your pick and choose the dictionary definition that fits your agenda)

agnostic
    noun [C] US /æɡˈnɑs·tɪk/

› someone who believes that it is impossible to know whether or not God exists

And Bucky ... you just verified EXACTLY what I've always said about your "putting words in my mouth". Again, I have never, ever said God (a God or Your God) does not exist ... never! Yet you throw this out as if it's fact.

I'm pretty sure that it's valid that you lack personal belief in the existence of God, because you've said that repeatedly.
    That is what gets my panties in a wad ... you only hear what you want to hear. I have always (since I was a young kid) said I simply do not know ... NOBODY knows. I, for all practical purposes, died 7 times while in the hospital. The docs were right there each time and assured me I "should" be ok because they'd zap me back to life, but they made it clear, there was always a chance I would not wake up. I remember like it was yesterday, thinking each time ... "Ok God .. now's your chance ... give me a sign ... a vision ... anything." I got nuttin'. Maybe He was busy at the time, but He could'a gained a fan.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain