Thread: Speaking of big fish....

Speaking of big fish....

TANEY COUNTY, Mo. — The most recent record-breaking angler in Missouri hooked a giant striped bass on Bull Shoals Lake using a rod and reel.

The new “pole and line” record striped bass was caught by Lawrence Dillman, of Rockaway Beach, NY, on Thursday.

The fish weighed 65 pounds, 2 ounces with a length of 49 3/4 inches and a girth of 36 inches.

Dillman used 20-pound test line and a chub minnow to catch the behemoth.

“I fought the giant for over 45 minutes until I got him to shallow water,” Dillman said. “I then bear hugged the fish and got it out of the water on to the bank.”

The new giant broke the previous pole and line state-record striped bass of 60 pounds, 9 ounces caught on Bull Shoals Lake in 2011.

Missouri Department of Conservation staff verified the record-weight fish.

“Once the fish was on the line, I knew I had a decent one, but I didn’t at all think it was a striped bass,” Dillman said. “I thought it was a spoonbill or something else. But when I got him to the bank I knew I had something amazing.”

The longtime angler said the fish is now at Bass Pro in Springfield getting mounted.

Dillman said he fishes every day and he doesn’t plan on stopping anytime soon.

“I’ve caught bigger fish in the ocean, but this fish is the biggest fresh-water fish I have ever caught.”

bass.jpg

http://www.sportingnews.com/sport/st...ll-shoals-lake
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Crappie eating vermin!!!!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Crappie eating vermin!!!!
    You talkin' 'bout Edward?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Hahaha, thanks for clearing that up, Thump.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Both.

In equal amounts.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.