Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At what point...........

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

At what point...........

can people of all races stop identifying with any of 'em? When will the US Census stop asking that question (I refuse to answer it on the Census)? Why do some groups ask for equality and then whine when they get it?

The government needs to get out of the race and the marriage businesses entirely. They don't know squat about either one, and have muffed up both.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/naa...ace/ar-BBl53nJ
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

If the government gets out of the marriage business, then they need to get out of the divorce business too.

BKB

Well of course. They're only in it trying to give some kind of benefit to those they choose. If you get a benefit, you should designate who gets it, not the government.

But this fiasco is nutsoid. It's a result of having to know what race we are, and the government foments that, big time, also. I got a survey from the hospital when I got out last month. That was one of the questions!!! However, under the heading of "Race", they had choices........and one was WHITE! I kid you not!

I put "other" and under comments I wrote "White is a color, not a race, and why do you care anyway?"
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Further........"Diversity and Tolerance" as a national mantra has led to this. The further we get from Diversity and the closer to Uniformity, the closer we can get to "One Nation Under God, with Liberty and Justice for ALL".

That's funny. I thought it was a perversion of the effort to do away with man's inhumanity to man that caused it. There's not a damn thing wrong with diversity. Are you suggesting we not tolerate diversity of any kind?
    You're stuck on conservative platitudes. Let's fix the problem, not the symptom.

BKB

It would be one boring ass world without diversity. What would we eat ... potatoes or rice?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Potato chips I hope. Plain old Lays.

BKB

Ummm, that all depends ... Lays is fine, but what do you mean by "plain old Lays"? Lynn goes for the plain ... BORING!

Here's the best chip they make IMHO.

Then again, I guess that's another example of diversity. I'm glad we don't all have to eat the same thing in the name of "uniformity".

Making it a law to make it illegal NOT to eat them raggedy ass things would be the perversion I'm talking about. Refusing to give somebody a seat on the bus for eating them is the intolerance I was talking about. Somewhere in there is common sense, which is everybody calm the fuck down.

BKB

You're not allowed to eat durian in most hotel rooms is S.E. Asia (or on public transportation). Is that intolerance, or just good business sense?

I don't know what that is. Hell they eat baluts in public. What else could be possibly worse?

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    The problem is that if I say that I don't like that flavor of chips, I'm labeled as a bigot and intolerant, even if I said that I don't care if you eat them, just make me do it or buy them for you.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian

Don't be under one of these when they fall out of the tree!!!

Excerpt:

Regarded by many people in southeast Asia as the "king of fruits", the durian is distinctive for its large size, strong odour, and formidable thorn-covered husk. The fruit can grow as large as 30 centimetres (12 in) long and 15 centimetres (6 in) in diameter, and it typically weighs one to three kilograms (2 to 7 lb). Its shape ranges from oblong to round, the colour of its husk green to brown, and its flesh pale yellow to red, depending on the species.

The edible flesh emits a distinctive odour that is strong and penetrating even when the husk is intact. Some people regard the durian as having a pleasantly sweet fragrance; others find the aroma overpowering and revolting. The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust, and has been described variously as rotten onions, turpentine, and raw sewage. The persistence of its odour has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in Southeast Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    The problem is that if I say that I don't like that flavor of chips, I'm labeled as a bigot and intolerant, even if I said that I don't care if you eat them, just make me do it or buy them for you.
    I think you left out a key word there Deppity.

Giant sweet gum balls! I'll bet those would shoot out from under a bush hog at the speed of light.

Deppity, that's cause you are you Lays hater. Who could possibly hate a Lay?

BKB

I don't know ... I've had a couple of bad ones over the years.

The ones with adam's apples likely were bad ones.

BKB

Did you take your stool with you ... or will you have to borrow one?

Rum makes me uproariously funny.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Thump, I most definitely did leave out a very important "don"t" in there.

I'm not a Lays hater, I just prefer a local brand "Seyferts". Best damn BBQ chips ever!
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Rum makes me uproariously funny.BKB
    So ... you're a comedian in your own mind!

Hey! Where's Bucky? We hi-jack his thread and he doesn't even show up for the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    Thump, I most definitely did leave out a very important "don"t" in there.

I'm not a Lays hater, I just prefer a local brand "Seyferts". Best damn BBQ chips ever!
    Old Dutch are my favorite but I can't get them where
    I live.
    BKB

Y'all like them thick 'home made' tater chips that a lot of restaurants serve? I can't get past 'em. Too thick or something.

And, I was talking about diversity of race, not food. People..... it's stupid to keep trying to identify which race folks are, and then discuss how Race A can better talk to Race B. STOP ID'ING race entirely. Just hush about it. That's what I meant by saying Diversity is killing us. It's the labeling, pigeon holing, classifying, assigning behavior, to each race that is killing us. You think I'm espousing Conservative Speak? That's funny, man. First, if I was, that'd be a good thing. So stop trying to make fun of me by calling me good things. Second, it's the Liberals who are doing all the above that I mention! They want to classify, ID, label, etc., THEN they have the audacity to tell everyone "Now, y'all don't notice all that, ya hear?" It ain't me that is focusing on platitudes and empty speech. I'm trying to fix the root problem.....but I know of NO Liberals that are. It's now the biggest problem facing this country, and it's totally out of hand.

Idiocy. You can jabber all you want, but it's idiocy. Idiocy gone to seed.

And I eat about 4 or 5 tater chips at a time, max. Ever.......with anything. Just not a big chip eater. Never told much difference in the brands.........though Ruffles with Ridges are sorta kinda better, maybe.
    Last edited by Buckrub; 06-14-2015 at 03:03 PM.

Ruffles are for dip ... but I'm with you on the "thick" (kettle) chips. Lynn loves 'em ... I hate 'em. I can destroy a good bag'o chips in no time flat!

I hate the hyphenated thing ... I suppose I'm Dutch-German-American. Sheesh.

Race issues will NEVER go away ... it simply has flare-ups from time to time. To think we'll ever get to the point race means nothing to the world's population as a whole, is a pipe dream ... ain't gonna happen ... 'cept maybe on Star Trek. The race issue is no worse than the religion issue ... in fact, I'd say more wars are waged over religious issues than race issues. Resolve THAT issue and the world will be a better place!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    "Race" is now about the money. It's a huge, billion dollar business that those who profit from will never want to go away. People (and you know who they are) have built their entire careers on "race".

Morgan Freeman when asked "how do we get rid of racism" - his answer: "stop talking about it". Says it all.

Well.......me and Morgan apparently agree then! I go further. Stop thinking about it. And for sure stop writing about it, or claiming to be this or that and get in trouble like this bozo woman, and stop counting off and choosing sides.

This woman just resigned.

Because she is white. And a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Rum makes me uproariously funny.

BKB
    Pretty sure that's a Siskel & Ebert quote.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.