Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What has happened to the world?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

What has happened to the world?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...-sc/ar-AAbLntz

What possesses someone to do this stuff? What's going on in the world? I hate tin foil hats, but something is just not right around here......here being "Earth".

Way too much of this to be just a pile of coincidences. Something is amiss.

Sad. Crazy.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I know the guy was white and shot black people but the only way this is a hate crime is if it's because he hates humans.

Oh, and I know who it is. It's either Dorothy Hamil or Tenile, from Capt & Tenile.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I hate the term hate crime. Murder is murder, this is just a term to inspire anger and sell headlines
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

All weapons are assault weapons.
    All premeditated crimes are hate crimes.

Stupid words. Meant to obfuscate. Nothing else. Sames as picking "Gay" to mean homosexual. That was a conscious effort to obfuscate what reality is. Same here.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I agree ... murder is murder. But that said, I do see the difference in the classifications ... although the penalties should be the same.

If I go out and rob your ass, then pop a cap in your head so you won't get a chance to identify me ... that's murder.

If a coupl'a Klan members get together one night and say, "Hey, let's go out and find some niggers to shoot tonight", that's a hate crime. There was absolutely no reason to kill other than some sort of sick hatred.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

How about a couple of gangbanger wannabes decide to bust off a cap in a white guy for some perceived slight that may or may not have happened. That's not a hate crime, that's misguided justice. I fail to see the difference
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

How about a middle-ground term that more accurately reflects the act. Racist murder?
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

If it ain't broke..........

murder
    Albert Einstein

Looks like they caught the piece of shit. From what I have seen online with pictures, he's a certified racist bitch. I sincerely and honestly would support putting a .45 behind his ear and keeping the justice to the cost of a single .45 ACP round.

He killed 8 or 9 families. The ones that aren't shot dead have been shot in their heart and soul forever.

Piece of shit.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Guess they caught the bastard... I don't like the "hate crime" thing either.. especially because it's another that seems to be very "selective" in its definition - or at least its administration..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

When I think of what a racist bitch would look like, I see Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    When I think of what a racist bitch would look like, I see Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton
    I can't disagree with that. I have very little tolerance for whatever name tag is proper for a white supremacist, as well.

I no longer identify as a cracker. I identify as Cheech.

6df35d68c8a4.jpg

hehehe, you didn't have to delete your comment! Now I look crazy! (er)

Wasn't that, crackers arent supremist, it was the wrong adjective. Crackers are just....crackers. No other way to describe them
    Albert Einstein

I guess all that fuckin shit matters to the people who lost family.

BKB

There's 143,000 people die every day.

I'd want revenge regardless of race creed or religion
    Albert Einstein

I can't imagine how they must feel. What a horrible thing for a family to have to endure.

Jim, I get it. I just don't like twisting words to mean wrong things. Yes, some murder is worse, sure.

How about "racially motivated murder". That seems best descriptive. My problem with "Hate crime" isn't you and I and Len and Barry discussing it here. That's sort of minor. My problem is that it induces a full blown classification of crime that needs proof, jury instructions, this and that. For no reason. As Len said.......... just kill him, because he's guilty, and move along briskly. And as QA says, there's a hundred thousand a day or something. Dead is dead. But evil is worse than dying, is my point.........

This is only my opinion and I realize its only worth maybe a nickel, especially here. But worrying over whether this is classified as a hate crime or not is the same as worrying over whether a murder is going to result in more gun control or not. And both, again IMO, it just makes us as shallow as the people who bother to put labels on the types of evil perpetrated on people. All I can visualize in my mind's eye are nine people lying dead in a church sanctuary and it doesn't matter if they were killed by some hateful fucker or not. Its evil incarnate and there isn't nothing we're ever going to legislate or fret over or preach over or pray over that is goingto prevent it from happening next time. It just is what it is. Its BAD.
    So if you want to get incensed over whether its a 'hate crime' or not then go right ahead. But I think if you do you've missed the point of the sheer inhumanity of murder if you do.
    And this makes me believe even more firlmly that there can't be a loving God if he lets stuff like this happen while people are worshiping in his name and in his house. Shame on him. Maybe he should go back to watching sparrows fall.

BKB

Agree with the first, not the last.

Just because a fellow in Owasso doesn't or can't understand something, doesn't make it invalid or wrong. What are you looking for on Earth? Heaven already? No problems? It ain't how He designed it. It's how you and I would have, yes. Evil exists. And it exists in a guy with the name Storm Roof. No kidding, that's his name.

So you want these 9 to stay with you, instead of going home? So it's selfish?? Or you just can't abide that He lets evil exist?

This isn't the final home. It isn't perfect. I don't get it totally either. But that's how it is.

No, I certainly understand that people can be evil and that killing will continue. But I guess I view evil more in a practical sense more than a spiritual one. In other words, when we codify evil we can either take the view that the devil made them do it or that they've broken a societal law that is in the best interest of our species not to break. One view is that its based on hatred that we'll never understand. Another is that its just illogical to allow human beings, regardless of their motives, to kill other human beings. The former leads us to label it in ways we understand. The latter doesn't given a shit.
    BKB

I don't understand it. I can't.

All I know for a concrete fact is this.............bad things happen to good people, for reasons I can't comprehend.

Sunshine, its pretty easy to give God credit for the good and blame the bad all on the Devil. That's my whole point. None of that makes any sense to me. We're supposed to be created in His image, and given an intellect that allows us to choose good from evil. If God is so loving and all powerful, then why in God's name did he craft some sort of multiple choice test for us in order to earn his grace? It all reeks of a big house of cards created by mankind to fill a gap in our knowledge. To explain away the twinkling stars at night when we couldn't. To explain away the droughts and famines and to explain why evil people do evil deeds. And last of all to ordain men to control other men through fear. If .god is a loving God then why not control us by love instead of fear?

I think God must be a Republican. (Tongue firmly in cheek)

BKB

Sunshine, its pretty easy to give God credit for the good and blame the bad all on the Devil. That's my whole point. None of that makes any sense to me. We're supposed to be created in His image, and given an intellect that allows us to choose good from evil. If God is so loving and all powerful, then why in God's name did he craft some sort of multiple choice test for us in order to earn his grace? It all reeks of a big house of cards created by mankind to fill a gap in our knowledge. To explain away the twinkling stars at night when we couldn't. To explain away the droughts and famines and to explain why evil people do evil deeds. And last of all to ordain men to control other men through fear. If .god is a loving God then why not control us by love instead of fear?

BKB

Hahaha...not sure how that happened! I do get riled up though. Those poor people didn't deserve what they got. And chances are, the guy who killed them won't get what he deserves either. He'll get three squares and a flop and lift weights and watch cable TV,

BKB

That crazy SOB filled his car with gas just below my NC house this morning. At the station where I first met Bubba and his pretty wife.
    He is one crazy asshole.
    I pray for the families, I'm sure they are living a real nightmare right now.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post

BKB

Okay, got to weigh in here. This is a tough question that is very difficult to answer and I'm pretty sure I'm not the right guy to answer it. First off, I do believe in providence but I don't believe that God is as hands on as some like to espouse. Suppose I ger a nice job at Microsoft. Now Bill gates didn't personally hire me, but he was the power behind the idea that became {ok he stole the idea, different discussion} Microsoft. Now Bill Gates didn't buy me a new car or house with a pool in the 'burbs' directly but because of him I am now the proud owner of a nice new mortgage. One day my supervisor wrongfully fires me and I lose the house and the car and my family and I are now living in a cardboard box eating Old Roy. The supervisor gets a written reprimand. Now is Bill Gates to blame for all the misfortune that has befallen me? Was a write up fair justice? Obviously no.

I believe that God put things in motion and therefore I am appreciative toward Him for the things I have, On the other hand I don't believe He struck a man with cancer so he'd retire and I could have his job. Nor do I fault Him for the bad, we're all free moral agents and some choose to follow that is evil.

The discussion for who determines good and evil is another discussion.

One mans opinion, I'm open minded enough to listen
    Albert Einstein

Good post.

I blame man more than God. God just established the Game Rules, and threw the ball out, and we're playing. Some are bad and some are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Jim, I get it. I just don't like twisting words to mean wrong things. Yes, some murder is worse, sure.

How about "racially motivated murder". That seems best descriptive. My problem with "Hate crime" isn't you and I and Len and Barry discussing it here. That's sort of minor. My problem is that it induces a full blown classification of crime that needs proof, jury instructions, this and that. For no reason. As Len said.......... just kill him, because he's guilty, and move along briskly. And as QA says, there's a hundred thousand a day or something. Dead is dead. But evil is worse than dying, is my point.........
    Well, my internet has been down all day (Verizon can't seem to figure out why), so I haven't been able to chime in. I HATE trying to type on a frigging cell phone! I-net just came up, but I don't know for how long. First off, I agree (and said so in the first sentence of my post) that murder is murder. I believe in "an eye for an eye" also and get sick and tired of pussy-footing around with these assholes for years and years as their attorneys (whom WE are paying for) keep filing for appeals. But, as screwed up as our legal system is, it's still the best in the world.

As for the "hate crime" designation ... I believe the reason for it is to help with the penalties invoked. Like 1st degree murder vs. 2nd degree murder. Should the penalty be the same for going 150 mph through a school zone as going 65 in a 55? They're BOTH speeding, correct? There's a difference between theft and grand theft, a misdemeanor and a felony, etc. etc. etc. I may be wrong, but I believe "hate crimes" demand harsher penalties. So, this sob may get life instead of 30 years for example. I can't agree more that they SHOULD simply plug his pecker into a light socket until he stops quivering, but for some silly reason, we're not allowed to do that.

As for the God argument ... you all know where I stand on that and I can pretty much lean in P-hole's direction. All my life when I've had questions on stuff like this, I always get the blanket, b/s explanation ... "God works in mysterious ways", or "God has a better plan", or "God decided to call so-and-so home for (fill in the blank). I call bullshit. This nut-bag entered God's house and killed HIS people who were there worshipping HIM. I would sure think if God were "real", he'd have found a way to derail this sort of evil. I guess, in reality, He's a weakling and Satan is the one with the real strength.

I just don't get how people buy in to this b/s ... I really don't.

And in closing ... I apologize, I hate feeling this way, but I have a frigging brain and it doesn't seem to be able to figure these things out no matter how many "excuses" are thrown at me.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain