Answer this question. WHY does it bother you? WTF do you care if Bob marries Tom? Who does it hurt? Does it hurt you personally? Does it hurt anyone in your family? Does it hurt your neighbors ... friends ... work associates ... fellow retireees ... hunting club ... fishing buddies, etc. etc. etc?? The only "hurt" there is from all of this is the religious contingent who just plain don't like it. I say tough titties and I don't give a rat's ass. (had to sneak that in there)

Personally, I believe religion is one of the most devisive things in the world today. Wars are fought over religion. When I was told to pack my bags and head to 'Nam ... all of a sudden half the jerk-offs around me "found religion" and decided they were concientious objectors. It's a great thing to hide behind. This descrimination (and that's exactly what it is) against gay marriage was deemed unconstitutional. Those who don't like the decision can bitch all they want. The question is, WHY are these (mostly CONSERVATIVES) bitching? Who gives a rats ass? (sorry, had to sneak that in again) Do you have a problem when the Supreme Court rules that private gun ownership is constitutionally legal? No. Why? Everything is fine and dandy as long as it fits into your narrow vison of what YOU are willing to accept. The gun haters of the world aren't happy with it. But that's fine with you, right?

I read where some county clerks are hiding behind their "religious convictions" and refusing to issue marriage licenses, etc. to gays. What a bunch of horseshit! I wonder how many of those same clerks break a commandment on a daily basis? I'm sure NONE of them have ever cheated on their spouse or peeked over their privacy fence at their neighbor's hot wife sunbathing (and "coveted" her). And I KNOW not one swinging dick has ever so much as stolen a paperclip from work or smashed their thumb in a stapler and hollered "God Damn It"!! No, they pick and choose what affects them and call it "religious conviction". I'm sorry, but as far as I know, county clerks take an oath to uphold state law and the Constitution.

Where do you draw the line? What if I want to open a bar and apply for a liquor license? Should it be ok for some nimrod county clerk to refuse to issue me one because alcohol consumption goes against his religious beliefs? What if you're filing for a divorce and get stuck with a Catholic judge? Does he refuse to grant divorces in his court because it's against his religious beliefs?

The Supreme Court made their call. Live with it you old curmudgeon.