I'm not really sure how I feel about it to be honest. I've known enough racist mofos that fly the Stars and Bars proudly as a symbol of their racism and to overtly show their hatred of niggers. Just ask 'em, they'll tell you. On the other hand, I know that the vast majority of southerners use it to identify with everything that's good about the south. One thing I do know is there's lots of revisionist history being tossed around on both sides of the issue and its pretty disgusting to see what's being posted on social media. Makes both sides look stupid.
And you can say its Robert E Lee's battle flag all day long but there's no denying that the flag is a symbol of the confederate south, period. And you can also say that the Civil War was about states' rights and not slavery all you want but it was actually and only about the right to practice slavery. If you don't believe that, then go read the very words of the southern leaders when they seceded. Given that, the symbol is probably not the best way to put that all behind us. On the other hand, that is all really behind us and symbols do change.

Like I said, its kind of a tweener in my opinion. both sides need to pick better issues to get their panties in a wad about
IMO.

BKB