Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dang! I've been REAL busy, BUT .....

Dang! I've been REAL busy, BUT .....

I can't believe nobody has posted a "What'cha Think" thread here. I guess Cappy is busy riding around in his fancy, easy-chair equipped, air-conditioned, XM Radio w/surround sound tractor complaining about how hard he works. P-hole is down drinking fru-fru drinks by the pool while watching scantily clad babes through his HEAVILY tinted sunglasses and obviously Bucky decided to break out the hammer & screwdriver to do a little "tweaking" after his i-net installer left the farm house. All you other dufes always use some excuse about summer and kids being out of school, etc.

Anyway .. what'cha think about the "Rebel" flag controversy? Is it time for a change? Or is it the usual b/s over-reaction to the latest news story? You know, like when some nutbag shoots up a movie theater, it's time to ban guns because the gun made him do it? Because some scumbag kid blows people away in a church because the Rebel flag made him do it? It's spreading like wildfire ... a dozen businesses have banned the sales of the flag or symbol now ... Walmart, Sears, Target, Amazon ... heck, a whole list of businesses are distancing themselves. I even got a message from eBay that, from this point forward, there will be no sales/auctions of the Rebel flag OR it's image!

States are all pulling any image of the flag from their license plates/specialty plates. Heck, they're even screaming to change the FLORIDA State flag because it has a red "cross" on it!

I'm waiting for the day I'll have to start spelling my last name with a "C" instead of a "K" because they have deleted the letter "K" from the alphabet! Why? Heck, everytime I see the KKK logo it makes me want to go out and kill immigrants, Catholics, Jews, blacks and frigging union members!

I think Volkswagen should be wiped from the face of the Earth since Hitler had that danged "People's Car" designed and built. Now every time I see one of those damned things on the road, it makes me want to stuff a Jew or two into my oven!

When are we going to start holding individuals responsible for their actions instead of always trying to find some stupid excuse?

Rant over ... I have to get back to work.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

It's a typical dumbass reaction by people wanting to feel better about something.

and IT'S NOT THE FUCKING CONFEDERATE FLAG!!! It's the battle flag of the Northern Virginia Army. They'd never use the actual term for the flag because it has the word "Northern" in it and that may decrease the weak minded assertion that south=hating black people.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

I'm not really sure how I feel about it to be honest. I've known enough racist mofos that fly the Stars and Bars proudly as a symbol of their racism and to overtly show their hatred of niggers. Just ask 'em, they'll tell you. On the other hand, I know that the vast majority of southerners use it to identify with everything that's good about the south. One thing I do know is there's lots of revisionist history being tossed around on both sides of the issue and its pretty disgusting to see what's being posted on social media. Makes both sides look stupid.
    And you can say its Robert E Lee's battle flag all day long but there's no denying that the flag is a symbol of the confederate south, period. And you can also say that the Civil War was about states' rights and not slavery all you want but it was actually and only about the right to practice slavery. If you don't believe that, then go read the very words of the southern leaders when they seceded. Given that, the symbol is probably not the best way to put that all behind us. On the other hand, that is all really behind us and symbols do change.

Like I said, its kind of a tweener in my opinion. both sides need to pick better issues to get their panties in a wad about
    IMO.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    We, naturally, see very few around here - but I've asked a few guys that do 'fly' them.. For most it's trying to tap into the whole "rebel" thing. Most don't even know what it stood for.. I'm starting to have a little problem with minorities just "deciding" something is racist. Latest I've heard is blacks taking exception to the word "thug".. I'm not buying it.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I get that it's a symbol that offends many and is meaningful to others. It doesn't mean much to me personally either way, but I can see why government institutions probably shouldn't be using it any more on state flags, license plates, etc. any more. A symbol I identify with more is the Gadsden Flag. However, I don't display it since it was co-opted to the tea-baggers and I find their form of tyranny just as offensive.

I'll also add that there are many symbols that offend me deeply and nobody seems to give a rats ass. Take that for what it's worth.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I get way tired of being labeled racist for one reason only, and that is the region of my birth and residence. And that's what this is. This is "that's a symbol that folks used back when Great Great Great Great Grandpa was a slave, and I don't like it".

Makes no sense. Storm Roof didn't shoot folks because of this flag. So what is the connection, again??????

If I was black, here's how I'd look at things. I'm being serious, NOT racist, and not facetious. I'd think "Man, I've got it good. And I have two people to thank for this. My ancestors went through a very dark and evil period in history because of the ancestors of some white folks. That was awful. BUT, in the light of trying to find something positive out of darkness, I believe that I personally am at a wonderful spot in time, and on Earth, solely because of those evil white men and their actions against innocent black people that were my ancestors. I'd not praise the white folks for their evil actions, but a good byproduct that they never dreamed is that I'm here and free and independent. What I suggest is that we raise a statue for the generic black Slaves, for it's because of him and her that I am here today. I refuse to complain about that time in history and the evil way my folks were treated because it resulted in a great and wonderful thing for ME."

And that's how I'd view it.

To continue to say they are downtrodden and beat up on and need special privileges because of something that happened in 1865 to someone they don't know............is beyond my ability to comprehend. Now, if they as a group are being mistreated legally today, that's a different story. But you'll have to show me where that's happening. As to folks' individual beliefs and thoughts of their fellow man, that's between them and God and has no bearing in the Civil and Legal world.

So let the darts be thrown.

As to the flag, I don't live there. My grandson and daughter do. They don't care what happens to the flag, so I don't either. Whatever those folks want to do with it is their business. But the idea of "Bad happened, let's do SOMETHING even if it makes no logical sense" is goofy, at least to me. It's the Liberal reaction of "Don't stand there, do something". Knee Jerk.

IF I was a South Carolina legislator, I believe I'd vote to move it to a historical place and not fly it over the Capitol. That makes sense to me, but if I was voted down on that, I'd say OK then let's move along.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

And I'd honestly like in another forum to hear why folks think the Tea Party (not Baggers!) are tyrannical.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Oh, and Amazon has 'reacted' by deciding not to sell Confederate merchandise anymore...........but Communist merchandise is ok.

Let me know how that makes sense to someone. I can't get there.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I say let's get rid of the real racist flag

flag.jpg

flag2.jpg
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Good point. That's the symbol of institutionalized racism that held black people down from 1865 until at least the passage of the Civil Rights Act.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Saw this on another site:

"""Currently there are 137 black-only organizations listed in just the Collective Black People's Movement organization....there are literally 100's of others listed nationwide, bearing the black-only status, and many are government-funded....how are these organizations any LESS racially divisive than a piece of cloth, bearing 13 stars ???"""
    Southern Gentleman

The whole thing seems similar in the way people choose to take offense to a particular word.

Thug, apparently, is the same as the N word now. If you choose to be offended by a word or a flag and expect everyone to bend to your feelings. I would invite you to go fuck yourself. What pill does one take to make themselves so damn important?
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

I don't think that everyone who has a Confederate flag on their truck, yard, t-shirt or wherever is a racist. I also don't think that the flag stands solely for slavery.

I know people with very deep southern roots that display the flag in pride, in honor of their southern traditions.

BUT I also know people who display it as a "fuck you" symbol.

Unless you know the person, it'd be hard to know.

I guess what I'm saying is that I understand it not being flown over the Capitol building.
    But I don't support companies banning the sale of it. That's craziness and knee jerk in my opinion.

2 weeks ago Amazon and walmart thought it was fine. Now they have suddenly had a change in their morals?

Logic, son.

Try not to use that in this discussion. Puts you out of the mainstream..............

If you can't get over racism in 150 years, you're probably not going to get over it in the next 150 either. Piss on people with stupid agendas !

NTB for the win.

I've found a way out of all of this. I am a white, middle class, semi-yuppie, southern, semi-redneck.

But now, the awesome part.

I now identify as a non racist white man who loves all races and thinks all wimmin are awesome.

See what I did there? I'm just self-identifying myself right out of that pigeonhole!

TOLERATE ME, FUCKERS!!!!!!

No people or race in all of recorded history has been enslaved longer, or by more countries, or for more reasons than the Jews. Yet they don't blame the Assyrians, the Syrians, the Egyptians, or even the Germans. They just hush and go to work and succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Oh, and Amazon has 'reacted' by deciding not to sell Confederate merchandise anymore...........but Communist merchandise is ok.

Let me know how that makes sense to someone. I can't get there.
    Why do you hate corporate America?

BKB

Sometimes the astuteness and viability of your comebacks are stunning in their apropopriety!

and never let the world forget about the holocaust . Stalin killed five times more of his own people but you don't see the Russians whining about it nonstop
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I am now identifying as an Irish teenager born in 1837. If any of you fuckers mention a potato I will sue you for slanderous injury to my delicate sensibilities.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Famine!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    That is the battle flag of the Confederacy, they had a different national flag. I disagree that it is solely a symbol of racism. Japan still uses the same national flag they had when they were killing off the Chinese and anyone they captured. They also still use the "rising sun" flag which was their battle flag during WWII as their naval ensign. No one complains about that.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

I see. I guess I am finding myself in the contrarian position here yet again. Which is fine. Since none of you are racists and believe nobody should be offended by the Stars and Bars, I think you should proudly carry it with you to visit one of your black friends and see what their reaction is. I mean, shit, if they're offended just tell them its like the Japanese flag, or the American flag, or hell, its just like the Hebrew flag. And then tell them they're just being hipocritical and sensitive.

Why don't you go do that? Well, you won't. Because you know it'd be insenesitive on your own part to do that. And no, I don't think you are a racist for not doing that and dtill belieiving as you do. You see, sometimes we don't do shit just in deference to others feelings.

But if you really think its okay to do it, then I challenge you to go do it.

BKB

I think everybody is a little racist and just won't admit it. As far as being offended, there are 300,000,000+ people in this country, there's always going to be one group offended about something or another. You can't accommodate everyone, sounds like some of these poor offended souls need to practice what they preach and be tolerant of others opinions
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    I think everybody is a little racist and just won't admit it. As far as being offended, there are 300,000,000+ people in this country, there's always going to be one group offended about something or another. You can't accommodate everyone, sounds like some of these poor offended souls need to practice what they preach and be tolerant of others opinions
    And that was kind of my point. But don't forget, tolerance and acceptance is what got us here in the first place.

BKB

About 6 years ago, some MS politician managed to get the vote on our state flag, put on a special statewide ballot....it was suppose to be the "final, all-said, all-done, shut-the-f**k-up-if-you-don't-like-it vote by the people"....it passed to keep our current flag by a whopping 67% majority....I guess we'll be voting on it, again, since the democraps and libtards have got their lips poked out, again.

I can just about guarantee that it will stay, unless the politicians disregard the people's opinion, and over-rule it....if so, I'll not vote for a single one of the azzholes, ever again....I'm tired of all this political correctness bullsheeit!!!

Flag_.png
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 06-24-2015 at 07:03 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

BTW, Jesses Jackson's Rainbow Coalition flag gags me....take it down, or I'll hafta sue somebody.

flag8.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 06-24-2015 at 07:38 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    In my own opinion !!!

So what's next? I can't wear black bra and panties because I'm white and might upset some black person?????

Edit:
    The rest of my opinions have been deleted.
    They have no relevant to many people here.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 06-26-2015 at 03:57 PM.