Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dang! I've been REAL busy, BUT .....

For Posthole and Thumper.

image-3098107290.jpg
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I saw a video somewhere online about the time everyone was up in arms about Indiana's religious freedom bill. They went into Dearborn, Michigan and went to several bakeries owned by Muslims and attempted to get a wedding cake made for a same sex wedding. No one would do it for them, but it was funny, they all kept sending them to the bakery next door or around the corner where they got sent onto the next one down the line.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    But inquiring minds wanted to know what you thought!!
    Oh, I'm sorry ... I thought I'd already done that.

I don't give a rat's ass!

How's that?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry ... I thought I'd already done that. I don't give a rat's ass! How's that?
    If you had a rats ass you would sell it on eBay...
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    If you had a rats ass you would sell it on eBay...
    No, he'd probably eat it. It's probably a delicacy in some of those out of the way places he likes to visit.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Actually, I have had rat and it ain't bad at all. No different than squirrel actually, the tails just ain't as fuzzy.

I'm not sure I ever ate the north end out of a south-bounder though. Sometimes it better to just not ask questions.

Sunshine, momma warn me about ALL types of blondes and I still fell for one... go figure...

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    NOT trying to beat a dead horse..........but this came to me whilst washing the dishes.

Thump, and of course many others, use the argument that they don't care about what doesn't affect them directly, and gay marriage doesn't affect them directly, so they don't care about it one way or the other. Further, they want me to adopt that philosophy as well, and can't understand why I don't just give up worrying about it since I should view it as they do.

Do I have that right? I think so. If not, let me know.

But if I do...........then answer me this, Batman. WHY does the 'left' viewing folks of the world.....let's just use Obama as an example, no other reason. Use anyone...... why does HE not have that attitude? Why doesn't he take your view? Why do the people who are against it have to take the view that "I'm not interested in anything that doesn't directly affect me", since you say that's a valid view???? Shouldn't he (and his ilk) take that view?

But they don't! They are adamant, active, and give a HUGE rat's ass!! Don't they??? So why do they get to validly give a rat's ass about it and I can't? It doesn't directly affect either of us? Why am I the only one (and my ilk) that isn't supposed to give a rat's ass?

I think that's a valid question.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Where your theory goes wrong Bucky is the issue DOES affect (effect?) them. The issue equals VOTES. So while the lifestyle does not, the results do...
    Proof of the pudding is: their quickness to point out the conservatives are again' it and will repeal it if elected. So you better vote for another libitard if you don't what to loose the right just taken away from the states and illegally decided by the SCOTUS

Answer this question. WHY does it bother you? WTF do you care if Bob marries Tom? Who does it hurt? Does it hurt you personally? Does it hurt anyone in your family? Does it hurt your neighbors ... friends ... work associates ... fellow retireees ... hunting club ... fishing buddies, etc. etc. etc?? The only "hurt" there is from all of this is the religious contingent who just plain don't like it. I say tough titties and I don't give a rat's ass. (had to sneak that in there)

Personally, I believe religion is one of the most devisive things in the world today. Wars are fought over religion. When I was told to pack my bags and head to 'Nam ... all of a sudden half the jerk-offs around me "found religion" and decided they were concientious objectors. It's a great thing to hide behind. This descrimination (and that's exactly what it is) against gay marriage was deemed unconstitutional. Those who don't like the decision can bitch all they want. The question is, WHY are these (mostly CONSERVATIVES) bitching? Who gives a rats ass? (sorry, had to sneak that in again) Do you have a problem when the Supreme Court rules that private gun ownership is constitutionally legal? No. Why? Everything is fine and dandy as long as it fits into your narrow vison of what YOU are willing to accept. The gun haters of the world aren't happy with it. But that's fine with you, right?

I read where some county clerks are hiding behind their "religious convictions" and refusing to issue marriage licenses, etc. to gays. What a bunch of horseshit! I wonder how many of those same clerks break a commandment on a daily basis? I'm sure NONE of them have ever cheated on their spouse or peeked over their privacy fence at their neighbor's hot wife sunbathing (and "coveted" her). And I KNOW not one swinging dick has ever so much as stolen a paperclip from work or smashed their thumb in a stapler and hollered "God Damn It"!! No, they pick and choose what affects them and call it "religious conviction". I'm sorry, but as far as I know, county clerks take an oath to uphold state law and the Constitution.

Where do you draw the line? What if I want to open a bar and apply for a liquor license? Should it be ok for some nimrod county clerk to refuse to issue me one because alcohol consumption goes against his religious beliefs? What if you're filing for a divorce and get stuck with a Catholic judge? Does he refuse to grant divorces in his court because it's against his religious beliefs?

The Supreme Court made their call. Live with it you old curmudgeon.

Thumper why does it bother you that it bothers him?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Thumper why does it bother you that it bothers him?
    He asked a question and I responded. His last sentence is, "I think that's a valid question." Duh.

I've answered the question repeatedly as to why it does NOT bother me. I'd like to know why it DOES bother him? That also seems like a valid question.

I'll answer you if you answer this:

Why is ok for the Pros to care so passionately one way, and not ok for me to care so passionately the other way.

And to be honest, I've already answered several times. Just re-read. It bothers me because it takes away the rights of states to set law per the wishes of their citizens. Worse, it's hypocritical. The SCOTUS has ruled marijuana use is federally illegal. Yet they allow states to legally override that law, and set their own laws in that area. YET, when it comes to marriage, they refuse to allow the same logic to apply.

Your arguments (to me), and Posthole's, continue to center around the religious issue, and such. I've said all along I won't bother arguing that way with you. I know what I believe, and I believe the government should not be issuing 'licenses' to marry or even being concerned about it. That's a Libertarian view, NOT a conservative one. See Mike Huckabee for the prevailing Conservative one. Yet you keep labeling me. (I have heard some folks don't take kindly to incorrect labeling). I have not invoked the religious issue. I believe personally that God condemns homosexuality. However, I have enough sense to separate the civil from the religious.

I do NOT want the Bible taught in schools, because I fear the teachers thereof will have a wild and crazy view of it. Lord knows that most folks do. I don't want that. I want civil and religion areas to be separate.

Why can't you see my point? It's fine for the proponents of this to be wildly, publicly, loudly, passionately FOR it..........but if the same passion and attitude is against it, they go beserk. I repeat, and repeat, and repeat...........that's Elitist, and Egotistical, and it bothers me.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

And by the way, that's my best shot at having a civil discourse on a controversial current topic of the day. If you want to keep hammering at me that I need to view it identically to you and not care about this issue whatsoever then do so. But I've answered that as best I can, and as civilly as I can, and that's all I got.

I'll answer you if you answer this: Why is ok for the Pros to care so passionately one way, and not ok for me to care so passionately the other way. And to be honest, I've already answered several times. Just re-read. It bothers me because it takes away the rights of states to set law per the wishes of their citizens. Worse, it's hypocritical. The SCOTUS has ruled marijuana use is federally illegal. Yet they allow states to legally override that law, and set their own laws in that area. YET, when it comes to marriage, they refuse to allow the same logic to apply. Your arguments (to me), and Posthole's, continue to center around the religious issue, and such. I've said all along I won't bother arguing that way with you. I know what I believe, and I believe the government should not be issuing 'licenses' to marry or even being concerned about it. That's a Libertarian view, NOT a conservative one. See Mike Huckabee for the prevailing Conservative one. Yet you keep labeling me. (I have heard some folks don't take kindly to incorrect labeling). I have not invoked the religious issue. I believe personally that God condemns homosexuality. However, I have enough sense to separate the civil from the religious. I do NOT want the Bible taught in schools, because I fear the teachers thereof will have a wild and crazy view of it. Lord knows that most folks do. I don't want that. I want civil and religion areas to be separate. Why can't you see my point? It's fine for the proponents of this to be wildly, publicly, loudly, passionately FOR it..........but if the same passion and attitude is against it, they go beserk. I repeat, and repeat, and repeat...........that's Elitist, and Egotistical, and it bothers me.
    Good job.

And since I haven't weighed in on this. I'll just say "ditto".

Was this ever a hunting site ? LOL

Once.

In a land far away, long long ago.

Then fairy dust ate most of their brains out.

It's fine for the proponents of this to be wildly, publicly, loudly, passionately FOR it..........but if the same passion and attitude is against it, they go beserk.
    Ha ha ha! I'm not sure where you got all of that. I'm not for it ... OR against it, I've lost count ... maybe you know ... how many times have I said, "I simply don't give a rat's ass one way or the other?" If it's deemed legal, so be it.

The only thing I give a rat's ass about is when people get their panties all wadded up over something that affects them in no way whatsoever ... other than they "just don't like it!" (or it simply goes against their religious beliefs but they dance around it and refuse to admit it) That whole concept seems silly to me.

NTB ... isn't it odd? Haven't you noticed? We have a fishing forum, but no hunting forum.

NTB ... isn't it odd? Haven't you noticed? We have a fishing forum, but no hunting forum.
    I know y'all probably don't think so, but being a newbie, this is all really something to read. And I can't tell if any of you are serious, or y'all just like fucking with each other. LOL I enjoy much .....

Personally, I like to keep people guessing. Heck, I've even been known to take a stand opposite of what I REALLY believe just for the sake of argument (but don't tell anyone here, it'll be our little secret).

A lot of it has to do with me working toward my Senior SD'er badge.

Ha ha ha! I'm not sure where you got all of that. I'm not for it ... OR against it, I've lost count ... maybe you know ... how many times have I said, "I simply don't give a rat's ass one way or the other?" If it's deemed legal, so be it.

The only thing I give a rat's ass about is when people get their panties all wadded up over something that affects them in no way whatsoever ... other than they "just don't like it!" (or it simply goes against their religious beliefs but they dance around it and refuse to admit it) That whole concept seems silly to me.

I feel like Groundhog Day.

The only thing that gets my panties in a wad is folks who demand that I view life as they do, and get upset about what they get upset about, and demand I pooh-pooh what they think is unimportant. As I said, that's highly Elitist, and Egotistical, and it bothers me.

And the folks I mentioned are more than just YOU. Obama is passionately for it. Hillary is passionately for it. But they, and you, get your panties in a wad if anyone passionately disagrees.

I swear.........I repeat and repeat and repeat. Am I somehow back teaching school? Is this 1972?

Personally, I like to keep people guessing. Heck, I've even been known to take a stand opposite of what I REALLY believe just for the sake of argument (but don't tell anyone here, it'll be our little secret).

A lot of it has to do with me working toward my Senior SD'er badge.
    And that's a dishonest way of arguing or discussing, and it'll get me riled enough to ignore that crap, right fast and in a hurry. Either discuss things with me with an honest heart, or don't waste my time.

Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
    I know y'all probably don't think so, but being a newbie, this is all really something to read. And I can't tell if any of you are serious, or y'all just like fucking with each other. LOL I enjoy much .....
    I've been around a long time, and sometimes I'm not sure myself. I truly believe that at least a couple of people around here are just contrarians. They'll say the opposite just for the sake of arguing or getting someone riled up.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    Welcome to our dysfunctional GH Family , No-till. Lol
    Last edited by Sunshine; 07-01-2015 at 09:55 PM.

And that's a dishonest way of arguing or discussing, and it'll get me riled enough to ignore that crap, right fast and in a hurry. Either discuss things with me with an honest heart, or don't waste my time.
    It's not at all dishonest, you simply pay no attention to what I say and hear what you want to hear, that's all.

Obviously I need to translate something I've repeated over and over ... then I'll explain it in simple words so that maybe you'll understand.

"I could give a rat's ass!" Translation: 1-I don't care one way or the other ... 2-It doesn't matter to me ... 3-I could give a fuck.

Ok now, take your choice of definitions. All I've said all along is that if the courts say it's descrimination and illegal according to Constitutional Law ... I'll roll with their determination.

If they decide against gay marriage ... I'll gladly roll with that determination. Why? Because I don't give a rat's ass! ... that's why! Capiche?

If a bunch of judges, who knew enough about law to make it to the Supreme Court, put their heads together and come up with a majority determination, who am I to argue that they are wrong? I never went to law school.

Now, when I see someone who gets their panties all wadded up over their decision, I have to wonder what the reason is for that wadding ... especially if it has absolutely zero bearing on that individual's life ... in ANY way, other than this individual just plain ol' doesn't like it. That's when the only reason I can figure is one's religious beliefs. That's where we part ways. Why? Ha! Because I could give a rat's ass!!

Now we've gone full circle. I like to do what FOX pretends to do. They always brag about the fact they present BOTH sides to any of their opinions. Ha ha ha ha! If you believe that, I have a bridge in San Francisco I'd like to sell you. One good thing about not giving a rat's ass is that it's much easier to stand back from an issue, take an unprejudiced look at it and present an argument for EITHER side. If 90% of you dufebutts decide to have tunnel vision ... I have no problem siding with the left-over 10%. I don't mind being an underdog. If I wanted to hang with the majority and have everyone agree with me on this particular issue, I'd find some Liberal, Obama-loving website to hang out at.

I can understand your being all gung-ho on the gun rights issue ... but what the fuck do YOU care if Gary is boinking Bobby in their own bedroom? I don't get it.

Jimbo, this is absolutely my last comment on this subject to you, EVER. I promise.

I have not said ONE word about the religious aspect of homosexual marriage. Your every rebuttal to me assumes I have, thus I conclude that you haven't read one word I've written. Further, you are labeling me and doing it incorrectly and that is something that you DO give a HUGE rat's ass about, but yet you do it to me.

I also realize that you don't give a rat's ass about it. I never contradicted you or claimed that you did. I DID say that you won't give me the same courtesy of believing what I want to on the subject, you demand I concur with you as the sole way of viewing this. That's Elitist and B/S. I admit I haven't counted, but I bet that's FIVE times I've said that very thing in this one thread.

I have given you my reasons for objecting to the SCOTUS decision. I will not do so again. Period. The reasons weren't religious.

And it is indeed dishonest to argue (debate, discuss, whatever the correct verb is) when you blatantly claim that no one ever knows if you are truly of that belief or just taking the opposite side because you think it's fun. I won't discuss or argue or whatever.....with someone like that. First, I can't know if you are ever serious or just poking my butt, and Second, folks like that are literally incapable of saying they are wrong.

Write more here all you want. I'm done. Not mad, panties are NOT in a wad, nothing is wrong......I'm just done with this topic because this is a humongous waste of my time if you can't even follow what I'm saying better than this.

Well, since its your last word, I guess you won't respond to me either.

But I wanted to ask a question of the folks who DO give a rat's ass about this issue. Assuming there was no SCOTUS decision, would you have supported a constitutional amendment to make homosexuality illegal? Not homosexual marriages mind you, but the act itself.

BKB

No.

No, but I would have supported each state taking up the issue and allowing or not allowing the union. The way the founding fathers intended. If Gary screwing Bobby up the butt had been a national issue, the founding fathers would have put it in the constitution to start with.
    Just the fact alone that Gary and Bobby acts are not natural are 100 % supported by the fact they cannot naturally have children.
    There are parts that go together and there are parts that don't.
    And Bucky's point in valid. If you don't agree or support the decision you are viewed differently.

Where do you draw the line then on what the Supreme Court interprets in the Constitution? Y'all seem rather certain that this is a states rights issue but I'm frankly confused at how one would look at a given issue and say 'states' or 'federal' when it comes to deciding.

BKB