Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dang! I've been REAL busy, BUT .....

Me too Sunny, I answer Postholes question about what make a state/federal issue and I'm ignored. He even acted like he didn't remember asking the question.
    I respond to Thumper and all I hear is crickets chirping.
    So I guess that makes me the winner!
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

agreed

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    Lol watch out Cards, they'll be coming after you next. Lol

You are both wieners! lol! sorry, im from the illegal alien type and cant speak/write English well, that my story and im sticking with it.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    I can't speak or write it well either Nandy, so that's not a problem.
    My grammar drives Bucky nuts!! Lol
    Last edited by Sunshine; 06-30-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    You're all wrong, but I tire of this.

Posty, you're all wet. I said I DO want the state to be involved in CIVIL UNIONS but not MARRIAGES. UNIONS to me would be where you as a citizen get to designate anyone you want, including your Civil Unionister, to be your beneficiary of benefits. That's it. That's the sole input of the State. I said I don't want folks to get benefits based on an improper MARRIAGE, not a civil union or a designation or whatever you want to call it. That's not circular in any way, it's perfectly logical, and I'm sorry if you don't see it. Maybe I'm not explaining it, but I have to argue with about 5 people on every serious subject, and I ain't that good, sorry. So you still apparently don't understand what I'm saying.

Besides, Cappy's post #109 answers that perfectly. You just hate it that we have states.........you just want to be America, a big federal country. That ain't what they built. If you want it that way, change the name and the Constitution, and get some folks that understand what's plainly written. States are not alike. They don't want to be. They don't want to live exactly alike. They have individual laws. But I guess that bothers you, I guess they shouldn't have any of those.

Thump, you're the Master at twisting, and you did it again. You took my answer to Sunny about a religious topic, and twisted it to mean you think it applies to my argument about the SCOTUS ruling. Nope, no way, Jose. Two topics. The religious argument is the crux of how I live my personal life, and the State's Rights issue is regarding my civil beliefs. If you want us to stay on one topic each thread, hire Alison Widmer. Till then, don't twist my stuff.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

WTF?? Tell me how you rate this as a reply to Sunny's post.

My post:

I think you just said a lot with the above statement Bucky ... and it also explains a lot.

Bucky quote:
    But sin in my culture does affect my society. Murder, Rape, Homosexuality, all of it.
    So, you put homosexuality up there on the level of rape and murder? Now I understand, because I'm with you now and share SOME of your view. I will never say I don't give a rat's ass about murder and rape ... or any comparable crime. If homosexuality is a comparable crime ... I'm guilty of gross insensitivity.

Now here's YOUR post immediately after the above:

Bucky quote:

No Jim. Not on the same level. Of course not. For that reason, I've said that the SCOTUS opinion on Abortion is FAR more important than this one.

But just because they can be ranked, which puts Homosexuality way below both those, doesn't mean it fell off the list entirely.

And it ain't my list man. If you don't believe the Book that is my standard of right and wrong, that's fine. I gave up trying to make you believe. But I do believe in it. Why is your way the only way, and my way is not allowed?
    Ok, yeah, it's plain as mud alright, you're responding to SUNNY'S post. Ummm, ok.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    OK, I thought that last paragraph was. Guess it wasn't.

This is about as easy to follow as a Chinese roadmap. Sorry. That's my fault.

The Bible is my standard of right and wrong. But to say that I want it to be the law of the land is extreme, and very wrong. I do not. I like freedom too much, and I don't want to be dictated to by folks who don't know what it says. But to me, it's still a twist for you to think that just because I have some religious beliefs, that those are somehow always the answer to why I dislike this ruling. I don't think that's valid. I did answer you, over and over, when you asked me repeatedly why I disliked the ruling. But you just kept asking. And now it seems you're twisting my general belief to apply in this one specific area, and they are not that joined, to me. If they are to you, then let's move on.

But honest, I'm done here. Just too tired, and probably will make another mistake and answer wrong, and I'm sorry. I'm not ashamed of what I believe, and I'll be happy tomorrow or some other day to discuss it. Just worn out too much now. Too much going on in my life for me to take a break and come here and get all confused, which I'm starting to do.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    My final answer on this is to paraphrase Leviticus 20:13' " if a man lay with another man as with a female, they should be stoned."

Kinda ties the whole same sex marriage/marijuana arguments together, don't it?
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."
    The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you want to talk about?"
    "Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God,
    or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.
    "Okay," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask
    you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same
    stuff - grass. Yet a deer drops little pellets, while a cow turns
    out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"
    The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea."
    To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss
    God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don't know shit?"
    And then she went back to reading her book.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

OMG Larke, you are killing me!!!

Goodern! Describes thumper perfectly!

BKB

Romans 1:18-27

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Goodern! Describes thumper perfectly! BKB
    Like.

All our times have come
    Here but now they're gone
    Seasons don't fear the reaper
    Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain... we can be like they are

Blue Oyster Cult
    Reaper 1:1

BKB

Matt 10:28

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell .

I can see youse dufes could stand to wear out a few good stools today.

Man, this thread is starting to remind me of the old Burma Shave signs along the highways of the 50's-60's.

Matthew 7:1
    Matthew 7:20
    Matthew 3:10
    1 John 3:4
    Romans 1:18-27
    Matt 10:28
    BURMA SHAVE!

Yep, I guess those are one of the cool things from the past that today's kids will never have a memory of. Sad.