Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breaking the Law of Logical Consequences

When I was in the seventh grade we had a neighbor, one farm over, whose kid and I were buddies for a summer. He'd just got his permit and was a couple of years older, and had an old Willys Jeep that we knocked around in. His Dad was in the Nat Guard and we absconded with a few boxes, yes boxes, of 30.06 blanks. They had (no idea if they still do) little red caps in the end of them. You could prize the end off and a Black Cat firecracker fit perfectly in the end. They'd blow up like friggin dynamite and send brass shrapnel everywhere. We blew up a lot of shit that summer. Talk about a couple of morons. My buddy's Dad also got us a box, yes a box, of real genuine M80 firecrackers with the waterproof fuses. We bombed every pond in the vicinity. Like I said, nobody's got the market cornered on dumbassery. Me and this same guy used to go skating on ponds in the winter. See what I mean?

BKB

M-80's were my all-time favorite P-hole. We'd tie 'em to rocks, light 'em and throw 'em in the lake. They'd remind me of the old WWII movies when the battle ships would launch depth charges tryin' to sink submarines! Oh, and we'd get the occassional fish floating to the surface also.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Cherry bombs (I still have two dozen) will go off under water.

And back to the original post.........I will say this..........EVERY stupid person that lived, had a Mother. Yet..........
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Cherry bombs (I still have two dozen) will go off under water.......
    That's called fishing .....

Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
    That's called fishing .....
    No. That's called CATCHING.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Growing up on a lake, we used to shoot the bottle rockets into the water all the time. It was cool.

When did personal responsibility disappear in this country? If we would have blown ourselves up or something dicking around with fireworks, it would have been our own fault, not the fault of the seller or manufacturer for not putting on a warning label for every scenario where they could be used. People will always come up with some dumb idea of a way to use something, so how can the manufacturer put out a warning for everything that someone else thinks up?
    Last edited by DeputyDog; 07-10-2015 at 08:30 AM.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Me and my two cousins tied some firecrackers to a cat's tail (so sue me) and lit 'em..........and the cat ran off into a field, full of sage grass, between us and Virco manufacturing plant. Lit the whole field on fire. Fire department came, you name it.

All my uncles lined up, and beat all three of senseless, screaming the whole time.

We learned not to do that.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I bet they all laughed their assess off when you weren't looking
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post

All my uncles lined up, and beat all three of senseless, screaming the whole time.

We learned not to do that.
    If things were still handled like that today, the world would be a better place .

Not if you're Adrian Peterson. Then they label you a child abuser.

BKB

"They" need to be shot and dismembered, then spit on, then ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Not if you're Adrian Peterson. Then they label you a child abuser.

BKB
    IMO that was a horrble crime agaisnt Adrian....