The confederate flag wavers that greeted The president were mostly from Texas (at least they had Texas plates)and were ran off from every place they tried to hold their 'rally'. So they ended up just driving around waving their flags. Oklahoma wasn't even a state during the Civil War so we don't have a dog in this fight, nor do we have the same 'heritage' as other states.

And as far as your examples, you said in your first post that today's whites never owned slaves and were being blamed for things they didn't even do. I asked for examples. None have been provided. All you've provided are examples of duly elected officials taking steps to remove things they consider offensive. Just like South Carolina did. Nobody that I know of has accused any whites of doing anything in those cases.

I agree that nobody of our generation has done any of these things that are being talked about. I also agree they're being overblown. But if you can't see why black people would be offended by glorification (by statues, flags, etc) of the people that actually did do those things then you are being either intentionally thick headed or you're just blowing the same hard wind that a lot of others are.

What some of these black 'leadership' organizations are doing is weong headed. It is equally wrong headed to totally ignore what they are saying. But I reckon that is what we call discourse in this country.

BKB