Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just realized a couple of things....

I just realized a couple of things....

Actually, it's not my thoughts....too profound for my little brain....a buddy emailed this to me:

No living person born in the United States has ever OWNED a slave.
    No living person born in the United States has ever BEEN a slave.
    White folks are being blamed for an offense they did NOT commit, against Black folks who were NOT even alive, to be offended.
    Yet, we argue over a piece of colored cloth, when truly important issues that deserve our attention, go unattended.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 07-14-2015 at 04:31 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

But seriously.....who is doing the blaming and whom are they blaming? Just cite an example or two. And what black people are saying they're offended? Again, just an example or two. And who's doing the arguing over the flag?

I guess I'm not being the senior noticer or something but the only people I see complaining ain't the people you write about!

BKB

Barry, you must be living in another world if you ain't seeing them complain.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I don't even know how to discuss this stuff anymore. The whole country is living in two worlds. One of them is Bizarro World.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Then cite a couple of examples! It shouldn't be that hard.

BKB

Barry, you really need to keep up with the news about this....just here in MS alone, there's about 15 city councils(with a black majority) who are demanding removal of our state flag from any gov't building....I know of some that have already succumbed....Grenada, MS for one....I've already added my name to the long list of folks who have sworn to never shop there, ever again....and, it's not just the flags....how about this:

Maria Boynton
    Maria Boynton was named anchor of CBS Radio Atlanta V-103’s:
    July 13, 2015

"""The Atlanta Chapter of the NAACP is calling for the removal of the Confederacy from Stone Mountain Park. Local chapter president Richard Rose says, “It is time for Georgia and other Southern states to end the glorification of slavery and white supremacy, paid for and maintained, with the taxes of all its citizens.” According to Rose, “all of this recognition of Confederate generals is upholding the white supremacy on which the Confederacy was founded and the war was fought.” He goes on to say, “all of this should have ended in 1865 when Lee surrendered to Appomattox.” He’s referring to, what historians refer to as, one of the last battles before Confederate Army General Robert Lee surrendered to Union Army Lt. Ulysses Grant on April 9, 1865.

Recent debate about the emblems was sparked by the mass killings at Emanuel A.M.E. Church in Charleston, South Carolina. Alleged gunman Dylann Roof was seen in photographs posing with the Confederate Flag. While some consider the flag as a commemoration of their heritage, others consider it a symbol of hate. On Friday, South Carolina removed the flag from its statehouse grounds.

Georgia removed the Confederate emblem from its flag in 2001, though the “Stars and Bars” from the First National Confederate Flag remain on the state flag. The Confederate Flag still flies at Stone Mountain Park, which is owned by and run by the State of Georgia. Many, like Congressman Hank Johnson see the park as a museum for the Confederacy. According to Johnson, “where do we draw the line, do we blast the faces off of Stone Mountain?” Rose says “yes”. He adds, “they can sand blast Lee, Jefferson Davis, and Jackson off tomorrow. I’d be extremely elated.”
    Rose calls it “unfair, unfortunate, and unconscionable for the State of Georgia and any other government to continue to commemorate and spend taxpayer dollars in upholding and preserving Confederate monuments and symbols including the flag.” On any government property, Rose says, “those symbols should be eradicated.”

A compromise, Rose says, would be to “add other figures to Stone Mountain”, those who he says have been “instrumental in bringing peace between the races” and in “elevating Georgia beyond the Civil War and Jim Crow eras.”

-Maria Boynton, CBS Local
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 07-14-2015 at 05:23 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

The Memphis City Council voted to dig up the grave of some Confederate General, beats me who, and .........move him somewhere.

Sounds like a huge complaint about "The South" to me. What else is that? Before SC flag came down, they were marching in the streets "complaining" that it should be down.

If no one has complained about all this, who's generating the fuss over it?????????????????????????????????????????????
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

That white female representative or senator from SC on the news bawling about the flag made me sick. I hope every person that ever vote for her stupid ass regrets it.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
    That white female representative or senator from SC on the news bawling about the flag made me sick. I hope every person that ever vote for her stupid ass regrets it.
    She's called the Governor....I voted for her...And No...I don't regret it...

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    The Memphis City Council voted to dig up the grave of some Confederate General, beats me who, and .........move him somewhere.

Sounds like a huge complaint about "The South" to me. What else is that? Before SC flag came down, they were marching in the streets "complaining" that it should be down.

If no one has complained about all this, who's generating the fuss over it?????????????????????????????????????????????
    It was Nathan Bedford Forrest, first ever Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan. Hardly a bastion of racism.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by airbud7 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by airbud7 View Post
    You should, that was some embarrassing shit......
    Last edited by No-till Boss; 07-15-2015 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    It was Nathan Bedford Forrest, first ever Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan. Hardly a bastion of racism.

BKB
    Who repudiated it later, but the point was, I found a case of someone complaining about things. You asked. There's one.

The Nathan Bedford Forrest complaint has been squashed:

"""The gentleman you see in the light green shirt is Mr. Kevin Bradley. Mr. Bradley is the Great-Great Grandson of General Nathan Bedford Forrest. Mr. Bradley, today, said publicly that he nor his family will allow the grave robbers on the Memphis city council to remove his grandfather. General and Mrs. Forrest cannot be removed without the family's permission, no matter what you're told. The ghouls on the Memphis city council will have to find another cemetery to disturb."""

nbfgson.jpg
    Southern Gentleman

BKB
    And Gen. Sherman was a really nice guy who never hurt anyone needlessly, too.

Here's some more for you, Phole:

Councilman Stokes is black, btw.

http://www.wapt.com/politics/stokes-...-flag/34142168

JACKSON, Miss. —Jackson City Councilman Kenneth Stokes will introduce a resolution Tuesday that calls for the state to find a new flag design without the Confederate battle emblem.
    Southern Gentleman

I think I just realized a couple of things, too.

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

A black judge, offended by a white family’s concern that their toddler was frightened of black men after a violent home invasion and robbery, publicly shamed them and let off the convicted man with mere probation.

When Gregory Wallace was sentenced for alleged armed home invasion near Buechel, Kentucky, Judge Olu Stevens “slammed” the homeowners, Jordan and Tommy Gray, for not correcting their daughter’s fear of black men.

Wallace, who was convicted of robbery, had been found guilty of participating in the March 2013 armed home invasion, in which he and another black suspect burst into the Gray’s home and held the parents and their three-year-old daughter at gunpoint.

According to The Courier-Journal, prior to Wallace’s sentencing, Jordan Gray confessed that since the horrible home invasion, her young daughter had been terrified of black men: “Whenever we are running errands, if we come across a black male, she holds me tight and begs me to leave. It has affected her friendships at school, and our relationships with African-American friends.”

The father also indicated that his daughter has been “terrified of black males” since the home invasion.

Judge Stevens, who is also black, reacted to the Grays’ concerns by calling them racists.

“I am offended… I am deeply offended that they would be victimized by an individual and express some kind of fear of all black men,” he said. He said it was understandable that the three-year-old was upset — “she can’t help the way she feels” — but he attacked the parents for “accepting that kind of mentality and fostering those type of stereotypes.”

The Grays asked the judge to give Wallace a more serious sentence: “If holding a little girl at gunpoint gets you probation, then our system is flawed,” the girl’s father said.

Stevens ignored their pleas and sentenced Wallace to five year’s probation, saying he “deserved the opportunity to redeem himself” for violently invading the Grays’ home, terrorizing their daughter, and stealing their property.

Later, Stevens took to Facebook to publicly shame the victims of a home invasion after giving Wallace merely probation for burglary and robbery with a handgun. It was the mother’s secret racist views that made the toddler terrified of black men, not the formative memory of being terrorized at gunpoint by violent criminals:

Court brought it front and center this week. The case involved a burglary and the victims were a young couple and their three year-old child. The written victim impact statement on behalf of the child read that as a result of the offense committed against her parents in her presence, the child is in “constant fear of black men.” The statement, written by her mother, continues that the child clings to her parent when in the presence of any black man. The incident, the mother concluded, “has even affected our relationship with our African-American friends.”

I read this statement aloud in open court. For a reason. It was of little surprise to me that neither parent nor the child was present in court for the sentencing. After all, the defendant and the judge are amongst the individuals the three year old has fear of as a result of the crime. Do three year olds form such generalized, stereotyped and racist opinions of others? I think not. Perhaps the mother had attributed her own views to her child as a manner of sanitizing them.

WTF???

Later, Stevens took to Facebook to publicly shame the victims ....
    Surely that would be grounds for disbarment ... or at minimum a reprimand. No?

I remember when I was a kid, my buddy's little sister was bitten (not mauled, but a nasty bite) by a stray dog. She had to go through the trauma of the attack as well as the pain of treatments (stitches, etc), including rabies shots. Even though the family had always been dog lovers, the girl was terrified any time a dog got near her after that. I've always wondered if she ever got over that. (he was a friend at school and they moved away a year or so later)

I'm just wondering if this judge would have thought her fear of dogs was her parents fault?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

And all we hear are crickets out of Postholes corner.

SD'er
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I wonder if Phole attended, this rally in OKC to greet Odingdong.
    And, guess who organized the rebel flag rally....a black guy!!!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...ederate-flags/
    Southern Gentleman

Nope I didn't attend. If y'all are so proud of the rebel flag, maybe you ought to put one up on the site. After all, its just a heritagecthing.

BKB

I'll vote for that!!!
    Southern Gentleman

If y'all are so proud of the rebel flag, maybe you ought to put one up on the site. After all, its just a heritagecthing.

BKB
    Only if I can wrap myself around it!

There's not more than a thousand at this camp site.

Last year same place, zero.

But that was a weak comeback. The man said, twice, that no black folks were offended! When proven wrong, change the subject. I always try to do that!

Nope I didn't attend. If y'all are so proud of the rebel flag, maybe you ought to put one up on the site. After all, its just a heritagecthing. BKB
    image-3290226317.jpg

I could go for this one as I'm equally proud of my heritage... Sorry part of it offends some folks. But bottom line is I was not alive back in them days, or I would have had to shoot JB..
    I can see where the confederate flag could offend some folks, less for the use during the war of Northern aggression and more for the use of some stupid closed minded groups that sprung up later. But none the less I can see it. I do think it is being carried a bit to far however.

We could use this one.
    image-3209842336.jpg
    Or the one Clinton used in the south in the early 90's
    image-1622925034.jpg
    Or perhaps the lates version that Posty might like...
    image-942934126.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    We could use this one.
    image-3209842336.jpg
    Yeah, I love to use that one too...