Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This can't be simply a biased view..........can it?

I guess those 158 billion barrels in proven reserves hitting the market won't affect prices much.

It hasn't fallen off the cliff. Yet.

But look for Congress to try to lift the export embargo to raise prices for US producers. It wouldn't make them whole but they are for damn sure getting calls from their lobbyists right now.

Just watch and see where the money goes.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I dunno. It seems you are correct.

I wrote a bunch more but erased it.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Bucky, isn't it good to know that no Democrats or liberals have any interests in oil stocks?
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Well, the little fact that the sanctions against Iran actually propped up oil prices when there was a glut of oil on the market is a little coincidental isn't it. And that the lifting of those sanctions is an economic blow to oil companies. It only stands to reason Congress will try to lift the embargo and call it a victory for American jobs. And gas prices will go up automatically, simply because of an act of congress and not market forces, and all will be right with the world. And we'll pay for it.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    No shit? The ayatollah says that they still hate America and this deal won't change anything, while chants of "Death to America" and "Death to Israel" ring out in the background.

http://news.yahoo.com/kerry-says-ira...070223527.html
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

This treaty never claimed to change anything about that stuff.

BKB

I don't believe Mr. Obama has called it a treaty, or allowed it to be called that. I believe he used the term "Executive Agreement".

I might be wrong.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    This treaty never claimed to change anything about that stuff.

BKB
    No. But is that the point????

Isn't the point that we are entering into agreements with folks that hate us, won't play fair, have tortured our citizens, wish us and our allies dead, and spend OUR money to do so, and then to watch them demonstrate so violently against us........just seems a bit ridiculous to many Americans.

Geeze, how many agreements did we make with the USSR back in the day? If agreements are the alternative to war then I'll take agreements every time. We've been led into about two too many bullshit wars recently at the cost of precious American lives, hundreds of thousands of civilian lives, ans trillions of dollars simply because the dumb fucks wouldn't address anything diplomatically.

BKB

Hmmmmmmm. I see your point.

But I don't think diplomacy is the same with some folks as it is with others. I don't think diplomacy has any business in dealing with insane people.

Well, they are indeed nuts. And not if, but when Iran breaks out of this agreement we'll have the structure in place to slap 'em back down. Without it, we're flying on our own, pretty much. That's thin, but it ain't as thin as going it alone.

BKB

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain