Thread: Going to Talladega...........

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

Going to Talladega...........

Well, not really. Pell City, AL actually.

Have to meet my son there tomorrow.......it's about halfway to Savannah.........and get our 6 year old grandson that's spent a few weeks with his dad there.......and bring him home for about 9 days, then take him to Tennessee to his mom.

Long day driving tomorrow. Go there, get him, drive home.......honestly not sure I can make 16 hours driving but we'll see.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Man-o-man! I used to love hitting the Talladega race every year. I have a buddy here in town who had a house right on Lake Eufaula (Georgia side, just across the bridge from Eufaula, Alabama) and we'd go up there quite often to hunt and fish (he also had a lot of hunting acreage). We'd also go up for the Talladega race ... stay at his place, run over for the race, and head back to his place. Dang! Good times .... until he went through a divorce and had to sell the place to split the assets.

http://www.georgialakeinfo.com/eufaula/
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

There is no way that's more than 6 and half hour drive for you one way, probably less....

Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
    There is no way that's more than 6 and half hour drive for you one way, probably less....
    HAHAHAHAHA

A) Mapquest says 6:50

B) You are not accounting for Mama's 209 pee stops.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

6:50 was danged close.

And another 6:50 home. And an hour to 'visit'. And I'm one beat puppy. Heavy rain on way down, none on way back. Home with the rugrat around 9:30 pm..........

A week of fun with him..........