Thread: Yuppie Beer Suggestion

Yuppie Beer Suggestion

A session IPA.

Citra Sunshine Slacker by Evil Twin Brewing. From Connecticut.

Good stuff. Followed it up with only two over my limit of Newcastles.

BKB

You need tooo try Siberian Night, it's brewed by the Thirsty Dog Brewing Company in Akron, Ohio. It was rated number one in Ohio in a recent poll on the net! Bought a 4 pack too try it, when I poured it in a glass it came out BLACK!!!!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Pabst Blue Ribbon....

I'll look for it Fido. I've had stouts before and they are a little skunky for my taste but I'll give 'em a try. I've been venturing more into the micro world lately and have found some good ones!
    I still fart in the general direction of the Sam Adams crowd though.
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    PBR is the beer of choice for hipster millennials. I didn't figure you for that sort...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

AB, I drink a PBR once in a while. I like the Lone Star longnecks too.

BKb

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    After a 40 year hiatus and for the past couple years.. I am reintroducing myself to beer... I don't like the "bitter" stuff at all. No fruit.. No "light" stuff... Bottles or draught.. Right now.. it's Shiner Bock..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Quote Originally Posted by HideHunter View Post
    After a 40 year hiatus and for the past couple years.. I am reintroducing myself to beer... I don't like the "bitter" stuff at all. No fruit.. No "light" stuff... Bottles or draught.. Right now.. it's Shiner Bock..
    The goats of the world appreciate your appreciation of their urinary products.

BKB

I'm not usually into fruity beers either. However, I did pick up a mixed Shiner six pack that had a prickly pear beer that was pretty good. So good I picked up another six pack of just the prickly pear.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    AB, I drink a PBR once in a while. I like the Lone Star longnecks too.

BKb
    I didn't know people actually still drank PBR. When in college, Budweiser was my go-to beer. It was only 35-cents back then. Toward the end of the week, my money would start running low and I'd switch to PBR because it was only 30-cents!

I'm more of a Miller Lite guy now ... have never, ever been into the Yuppie beers including the Yuppie micro-brewery stuff. I will say I also liked Lone Star when I lived in Texas and drank a truckload of Corona when I used to spend every other weekend in Mexico. Beer Lao is my favorite when I'm in S.E. Asia. I guess I have pretty simple tastes when it comes to beer.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I like mine pretty mild too. Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager is what I drink the most. I like a cold Bold Rock Virginia Apple now and then just for nostalgia. It tastes just like my grandfather's home squeezed cider. The first sip brings back memories of crushing and squeezing apples and fighting bees.

Quote Originally Posted by BaseballCoach (Rev A) View Post
    I like mine pretty mild too. Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager is what I drink the most. I like a cold Bold Rock Virginia Apple now and then just for nostalgia. It tastes just like my grandfather's home squeezed cider. The first sip brings back memories of crushing and squeezing apples and fighting bees.
    In down in Staunton tonight and had a couple of DB Vienna Lagers with dinner tonight. It's been my go-to for the past couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by BaseballCoach (Rev A) View Post
    I'll look for that next time I'm at the liquor store.

BKb

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    The goats of the world appreciate your appreciation of their urinary products.

BKB
    lol.. Love it.. Al I can say is - you either like the taste of "beer" or you like all that other Kool-Aid infused, ice tea shit. It's kind of like people who say, "I love fish - but I only like walleye and crappie." Tells me you don't like the taste of fish - you like fried breading..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

I'm guilty of that myownfineself ... I love fish ... as long as it doesn't TASTE like fish!

And what other way is there to prepare ANYTHING other than frying?

YANKEES! I swear ....
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain