Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: What do y'all think of this?

You're on!

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    You're on! BKB
    Just make sure your green vegetable material has a proper label of ingredients and I'll get the labeling for the GMO corn we convert to likker...
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Oh brother.

I don't suppose you approve of serial numbers on condoms either.

BKB

They been printing them on condoms since I was in high school.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I'm not a big fan of whiskey, but if you bring the bong with you, I'm in!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I'll bring the Walleye Whistle.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Well, except for the raptors and stuff. And more links to other stuff is coming out all the time. There's a lot of breathless rhetoric coming out of both sides on that whole DDT deal.

We ain't gonna get anywhere with this discussion, NoTill and Bucky is quoting his tired old internet memes.

I think I'll go wipe my ass with a spotted owl before I tell him to go fuck himself.

BKB

Ps...I'll tell you what I'll do though. Some day I'll sit down with you and a bottle of whiskey and we can argue it out as long as you want to. I'm looking forward to it.
    You get my hopes up, and then...................

And you would NOT stay around if you were losing. You'd make some excuse about having to go get more whiskey or something, and run out, way before you'd admit you were wrong. I've met you manager types before. I got your argument skills right here.

You can tell me all day.....but you STILL have to go get that spotted owl ready, cause I know you are full of what he needs to wipe off!@!!!

P.S.
    This is my first post typed under the auspices of Windows 10.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

For the last 30 years, I've been involved in on farm research and new technology. I can't even count the number of projects or the companies that I have worked with over the years. I know a lot of people think Monsanto is satan, but it was probably the same group that hates Walmart too. I have no idea if Monsanto right or wrong, but i can shed some light on why they're so successful. When Monsanto comes to your farm, everything they have and do are perfect. They roll up like the circus, and immediately start unloading and setting up like a well oiled machine . They have the best and the newest equipement and technology, Their plots are immaculate, extremely symmetical and when their seeds emerge, it has the precision of a military cemetery. During the growing season, they have someone monitoring and taking notes weeky. Harvest is every bit as precise as the planting, their equipment is the lastest and greatest. They also have the capability of producing real time harvest data with satelite data transfer . Monsanto also hires the best people, you can't not be a slacker and work there, if you don't do your job, they have a extremely quick hook.

This is just a small insight on what I've seen that make them different that say other companies. Monsanto for now has set the standard for quality, and it's a reflection on how they operate .

NTB, thanks for the firsthand knowledge and insight, it is appreciated and interesting. The Walmart analogy is interesting ... everyone bitches about them, yet everybody shops there. I've seen many other examples through the years where the most successful are the ones who catch the most heat from consumers or observers. It's like the drug companies, they spend millions for research and pay top tier researchers to develop a product. They incur all sorts of expenses with products that fail and are scrapped, yet when they hit on a successful product, they are the Devil because they try to recoup their expenses which have accrued for years before they managed to introduce a viable product.

I don't really have a dog in this fight because I know squat about farming ... I thought all that stuff was grown in the back storage area of the grocery store!

Anyway, thanks for that info. As far as the food I eat, I'd put more trust in the Monsantos of the world than some unregulated dirt farmer in Central Mexico.

I have no issues or even knowledge of what they do tactically. Its what they are doing strategically that I take issue with. That and their company history. They are developers and producers of products like polystyrene, DDT, Agent Orange, and saccharin. Not exactly a track record for dealing in products that are harmless to humans and to the environment. That's the roots of the company and what springboarded them to where they are today. Stewards of product safety and the environment? Here's a tip. Past behavior predicts future behavior.

I'm sure they are good at what they do though.

BKb

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post

Anyway, thanks for that info. As far as the food I eat, I'd put more trust in the Monsantos of the world than some unregulated dirt farmer in Central Mexico.
    I think you're correct Thump, when you're talking food safety, I lean to the things that are already scrutinzed verses the organic and produce markets that get around the system and the buy local mentality.

I have no issues or even knowledge of what they do tactically. Its what they are doing strategically that I take issue with. That and their company history. They are developers and producers of products like polystyrene, DDT, Agent Orange, and saccharin. Not exactly a track record for dealing in products that are harmless to humans and to the environment. That's the roots of the company and what springboarded them to where they are today. Stewards of product safety and the environment? Here's a tip. Past behavior predicts future behavior.

I'm sure they are good at what they do though.

BKb
    Paranoia and the sky is falling could be contribute to other things too........ just saying

I am neither paranoid nor do I think the sky is falling. Even though I have tried to be as explicit as I could about what I think needs to be done and what is wrong with what we're doing today, you write it all off as this?

give me a large fucking break, NoTill.

BKB

Curmudgeon.

I am neither paranoid nor do I think the sky is falling. Even though I have tried to be as explicit as I could about what I think needs to be done and what is wrong with what we're doing today, you write it all off as this?

give me a large fucking break, NoTill.

BKB
    A break ? Fuck you haven't been explicit, you haven't done anything but throw conspiracy theories out there . Hahahahaha Bullshit........

I'm not sure why I let you suck me back down this friggin rabbit hole, but I'm done.

BKB

I'm not sure why I let you suck me back down this friggin rabbit hole, but I'm done. BKB

Ha ha ha ha! You're not done ... I see your time stamp ... the NASCAR race starts in 4 minutes!

Baseball and NasTycar on at the same time. Got the crossword worked, the wife off to work, and my butt parked in my chair.

BKB

Retirement sucks, huh?

A veritable biotch.

BKB

I'm not sure why I let you suck me back down this friggin rabbit hole, but I'm done.

BKB
    Come on in, the water is fine....... lol