I don't really have a dog in this fight and I have to admit, I don't get too carried away with worrying about what I stuff into my pie-hole (that does NOT include MALE genitalia BTW!). I "should" be more concerned probably because I'm as big as a house, but one of the only passions I have these days is enjoying good (tasting) food. If it tastes good, I don't worry too much about how healthy it is ... otherwise I'd have to give up cherry pie and ice cream, something I'm not willing to do. I ate healthy food for two straight months in the hospital. NO THANKS! If that's what I need to eat to be "healthy" ... sorry, I think I'd rather die. This argument has no end ... you can eat healthy, but if that diet includes meat, you're poisoning yourself as far as a vegetarian is concerned. So, you become a vegetarian and the vegans tell you you're poisoning yourself! Sorry, there's some poison I really enjoy ... let me enjoy it.

As for the labeling? Personally, I could give a rat's ass ... if it looks good, smells good and tastes good ... I'll most likely eat it. No, I'd better retract a portion of that statement ... with my history of food choices, I'll take that back and simply say if it TASTES good, I'll eat it! But even that is subjective, oysters gag me, I can't stand Brussels sprouts and IMO, anybody who can drink buttermilk right out of the carton like my grandfather did, needs to be institutionalized. That said, many people love what I hate and vice versa. Back to labeling ... where do we draw the line with this stuff? I rely on the FDA and the USDA to do a reasonable job of protecting me. (I KNOW that'll bring up an argument, but you have to live within reason). I don't want to read 187 pages of bullshit to decide whether or not I want to eat an egg from Cal-Maine Foods ... I just want to fry a frigging egg or two to go with my cholesterol laden bacon and highly buttered toast!

Anyway, this post DID force me to try to better understand what the issue is here. Me? I think it's much like the people who refuse to vaccinate their kids. The world is a MUCH better place due to genetic engineering IMHO and GM crops.

I did find a very interesting article that pretty much hits on both sides of the issue. You guys can argue about it if you want, but like I mentioned previously, I could give a rat's ass!

This link leads to an interesting article I think:

http://12.000.scripts.mit.edu/missio...modified-crops