I honestly wasn't sure how that turned out in the new farm bill. I thought they'd just traded direct payments for much higher subsidized crop insurance, and I know there was a big argument over whether that'd be cheaper or more expensive I just couldn't tell you which is correct. Its direct money either way if you stop sending me a check but pay for my mortgage and make sure my house stays appraised at competitive values, you're still giving me money. And it ain't free.

I know there are pros and cons to subsidies and I know you compete in a world market where your competitors are backed by very non-competitive practices. Look at friggin Thailand. But getting anyone associated with farming to have a respectful and meaningful conversation on this site for some reason is damned near impossible.
And it really doesn't help when you are told you're too ignorant to have a conversation with and that's the reason you're getting the shiv.

But suit yourself. And I hope you every success. Nobody wins if farming fails for any reason.

BKB