Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's one of the stupidest funniest things you've done fishing?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)

What's one of the stupidest funniest things you've done fishing?

Last edited by Sunshine; 08-01-2015 at 11:49 PM.

Sat on a lake in a boat and fished all night in a thunderstorm with lightning crashing all around.

STOOPID

BKB

I rode across a lake in Northern Ontario Canada in Johnboy's boat with no butt-plug installed. (installed IN THE TRANSOM you sd'ing smart-asses!)
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Take my cousin with me...

Yeppers ...

cheridad.jpg

Dang girl! That was 14 years ago? Time flies. We were just young whipper-snappers back then!

I was kayak fishing in fast, very cold springtime water that wasn't convenient for getting out of or rowing away from. Waited too long and finally had to get up on my knees to pee off the side. Kayak wobbled, then wobbled more, almost went ass over teakettle but I managed to save it before I went overboard.... as I watched my brand new shimano/St. Croix rig go flying over the side, launched from the rod holder. I think I had like, 3 total casts on that thing. Bye bye.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Oh crap! That hurts!

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Len you win, I can't top that.

It certainly wasn't funny!! But it's good news that I'm still here. Hypothermia could have been in play if I went out of the 'yak. Next time I'll just pee in my pants, or plan better. Either way I'll have a warm fuzzy feeling.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

I pulled this up with my anchor , looks old school.
    image.jpg

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Yep, anything with a pull tab has to be at least 30-40 years old.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    Posthole and I were fishing in a tournament in March and a boat went by us throwing this huge wake. His boat started to rock an I looked down just in time to see one of his rods rolling off the deck. Without regard to my personal safety I lunged to grab the rod hit the back of the seat and went ass over tea kettle right into the 50 degree water. I did manage to snag the rod though. With me trying to climb up the motor and him on the back deck trying to pull me in that 20 foot Champion probably looked like a sail from a 30ft sloop from afar. The front end was standing straight up out of the water.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

I still haven't bought a ladder. Ought to be standard equipment. Getting back into one of those style boats is a bitch!

I can still see Travvy's face down under the water looking up at me with my fishing rod in his hands.

BKB

^^winner

I got 1 more, we were night fishing in the summer from shore in this little cove and i was drunker than cooter brown. I was fishing with this huge buzzbait and got it hung up in a tree and couldn't get it out no matter how hard I yanked. My buddy says just start walking backwards it will pop out. I walked backwards forever that thing popped out and since it was night I couldn't see it but I coul hear a whirl approaching a tremendous velocity. It hit me right between the eyes and I dropped like a stone. It left a knot the size of a ping pong ball.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    As surprising as you may think it to be, I cannot compete here.

Trav is a walking, breathing McManus story and that's a fact.

We were fishing one day when Trav got the backwoods urge and made a fast beeline for the bushes. I looked the other direction discreetly and turned around an appropriate time later to see him squatting buck ass nekkid. He said he took his clothes off so he wouldn't get any on them.

Think Sasquatch.

He is pretty renowned for coming home with only one sock because he doesn't go to the woods prepared, too.
    BKB

In my defense that was not your normal backwoods shit, that was some world class ass exploding butt piss. I didn't want to risk any splash back.

I've gone in the drink myself more than once in cold weather and I can vouch for the gasp!
    Those usually involved ducks in some way.
    BKB

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    In my defense that was not your normal backwoods shit, that was some world class ass exploding butt piss. I didn't want to risk any splash back.

TMI!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I've gone in the drink myself more than once in cold weather and I can vouch for the gasp!
    Those usually involved ducks in some way.
    BKB
    I have gone diving with my 12ga on hand....

I fell out of a boat fishing in a big ditch once that was scary as hell. I honestly didn't think it was that easy to do, and I never had a chance of recovery. I was sitting with the seat turned sideways, the next thing I knew, I was leaning back and splash, a back dive into a shallow muddy ditch. Of the thousands of hours I've spent in boats, that one spill changed my mindset on safety.

One of the scary things about some of the stuff we do. One slip away from a serious owie.

BKB

I've been in a lot of very unfortunate situation in boats, most all of them I had time to reason what was happening. That particular event was too quick and without warning. It still scares me to some degree knowing I was out of control of the situation.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I don't do stupid stuff. Especially fishing
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Growing in an island it became very handy to know how to swim. Kids hated going boating because I will force them to wear one. I wear mine all the time because it is very hard to swim when you get knocked unconscious....

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    After thinking on this, I DO have one thing I did.

I went fishing with Posthole. And Trav.

At the same time.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I was fishing off a dock with a buddy on the Nanticoke River in Delaware when we were 13-14 years old. We'd hopped the fence of this feed company and were illegally fishing off their dock. There was a good 4-5' drop to the water and my buddy fell in when one of their workers snuck up behind us yelled. We 'jumped' and my buddy falls completely in. As God as my witness he hit that water, goes completely under and claws his way up a piling so fast he was barely even wet when he got out. The worker guy laughed so hard he just told us to move along and not come back.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Hahahahaha...There's some Hall of Fame material in this thread.

BKB