Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The lions brother has now been shot too.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I see.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Bucky, here's the way to keep yo azz off the hook....ALWAYS preface all your "meme" posts with, "I got this in an email, so it's prolly bullsheeit."
    Southern Gentleman

OK thanks. But what if I didn't?

Just seems ........ I don't know the right word..... to say that if someone writes original words that those are valid, but if someone smarter than me writes those words, and they make sense,.......... or if someone makes a pictorial expression that makes sense......that we can't use that one, because.......well, just because, I guess.

???

OH well. I'll remember your method.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I'll submit that "curmudgeon" is now a Goodhunting meme and therefore can no longer be validly used.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    OK thanks. But what if I didn't?

Just seems ........ I don't know the right word..... to say that if someone writes original words that those are valid, but if someone smarter than me writes those words, and they make sense,.......... or if someone makes a pictorial expression that makes sense......that we can't use that one, because.......well, just because, I guess.

???

OH well. I'll remember your method.
    So you think it is logical to say that anyone who got upset over the killing of the lion thinks that is more important than abolishing abortion? I guess you could say that literally about anything we discuss. So if you bring up gun control, I can just say "how can you even TALK about this when billions of babies are being killed? "

I don't question your beliefs or your convictions about them. But now you are judging what others' values are and judging them based on doodly squat.
    And judging what a person's thoughts on abortion are by what they think of some lion getting kiled by a hunter is just plain illogical. At least in this universe it is.

But carry on. Your universe is yours and mine is mine.

Most mems that I've seen are pretty much along this same line.

BKB

These two are related by 'killing' as a common theme. So yes, I can validly connect those.

I don't connect that to gun control, I see no common theme.

But you are welcome to disbelieve whatever you want.

and the girl is immaterial. Unless the picture is funny, or eye catching, the picture is immaterial. It's the message. And yes, I have gotten ticked off to the max over this lion thing. I think it may help to end big game hunting, which is sad, and it also seem silly to worry about killing a cat when 13 million babies are killed. TO me, that's logical. If not to you, then that's your universe. I wonder what SCI is thinking about all this.

And more, I wonder why it's ok to collar a danged free range wild African animal, and THAT is ok, but killing him is not. If Zimbabwe doesn't want their collared lions killed then A) don't sell (for big bucks) lion tags, and B) put the danged collared animal in a pen.

And if that sentiment is against your realm of reality, I apologize. But it's mine.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    So you think it is logical to say that anyone who got upset over the killing of the lion thinks that is more important than abolishing abortion? I guess you could say that literally about anything we discuss. So if you bring up gun control, I can just say "how can you even TALK about this when billions of babies are being killed? "

I don't question your beliefs or your convictions about them. But now you are judging what others' values are and judging them based on doodly squat.
    And judging what a person's thoughts on abortion are by what they think of some lion getting kiled by a hunter is just plain illogical. At least in this universe it is.

But carry on. Your universe is yours and mine is mine.

Most mems that I've seen are pretty much along this same line.

BKB

I believe he meant that a lot of the people who are expressing outrage over the killing of an innocent animal are the same people who staunchly defend people for killing their babies and see no problem with that.

Maybe it's just because the lion was named and the aborted babies haven't been.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    I believe he meant that a lot of the people who are expressing outrage over the killing of an innocent animal are the same people who staunchly defend people for killing their babies and see no problem with that.

Maybe it's just because the lion was named and the aborted babies haven't been.
    That's exactly what I meant.

And thank you for saying better than I can, what I mean! (That's why I quote folks' comments that I find that are meaningful, right there!)

And that's even more illogical. You've taken two totally separate issues and tied them together to fit your own model of what the world is like.

And it wasn't even your own original thought.

And I never said I was against or for the killing of the lion or not.

Maybe its irony that people who don't want you to say 'fuck' in polite company will at the same time propose proposterous ideas in the same company with a straight face. Which of those two expressions is more insulting?

And that's how you tie two separate things together to make it sound logical, when in reality they aren't connected at all.

BKB

If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Seriously? Are you just trying for an argument or are you serious?

How can any human being hold the lives of animals above the lives of other human beings? It's a valid observation. Look at some of the responses to this online. People are actually calling for that dentist to be killed because he killed some lion. They obviously value the life of that lion more than they do the live of that dentist which is a fellow human being.

I'd also argue that you can tie in the gun control argument with abortion as well. Remember Sandy Hook? Take a look back at the politicians who were the most adamant about stricter gun laws after that tragedy. I'd bet a large majority of them are also pro-abortion, so in their view, the killing of 20 young children is a worse tragedy than the killing of over 1 million children every year by abortion in this country. The only difference is it wasn't their mothers that "chose" to kill them, and abortions aren't done with those "evil guns".

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

image.jpg

Another fine example of meme logic.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    Seriously? Are you just trying for an argument or are you serious?

How can any human being hold the lives of animals above the lives of other human beings? It's a valid observation. Look at some of the responses to this online. People are actually calling for that dentist to be killed because he killed some lion. They obviously value the life of that lion more than they do the live of that dentist which is a fellow human being.

I'd also argue that you can tie in the gun control argument with abortion as well. Remember Sandy Hook? Take a look back at the politicians who were the most adamant about stricter gun laws after that tragedy. I'd bet a large majority of them are also pro-abortion, so in their view, the killing of 20 young children is a worse tragedy than the killing of over 1 million children every year by abortion in this country. The only difference is it wasn't their mothers that "chose" to kill them, and abortions aren't done with those "evil guns".
    I don't, plain and simple. I never said that, and neither did anyone else. YOU created that 'fact' out of the obviously very thin air that you breathe.

BKB

I don't, plain and simple. I never said that, and neither did anyone else. YOU created that 'fact' out of the obviously very thin air that you breathe.

BKB
    Well, this has gone like most of your arguments around here. First you get dismissive of other's views, then you get insulting. I'm done with this one.

And don't forget the part about anyone who diagrees with you is 'dismissive'.

I never said one fucking word about your views on abortion or your views on this fucking lion. this is about internet memes for chrissakes.

BKB

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

And that's even more illogical. You've taken two totally separate issues and tied them together to fit your own model of what the world is like.

And it wasn't even your own original thought.

And I never said I was against or for the killing of the lion or not.

Maybe its irony that people who don't want you to say 'fuck' in polite company will at the same time propose proposterous ideas in the same company with a straight face. Which of those two expressions is more insulting?

And that's how you tie two separate things together to make it sound logical, when in reality they aren't connected at all.

BKB
    I sincerely do not believe it is illogical. In fact, it is highly logical to me. I consider those who value animal lives over human lives to be ignorant, elitist, misinformed, obnoxious, and just plain wrong. That is the epitome of logic to me.

And you have no idea whatsoever whether that was my original thought or not. The very idea of telling me that I can't quote someone who is better at stating what I ALREADY THOUGHT than I am, is absurd.

Your arguments here are without merit, IMHO, and I couldn't disagree more.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    My favorite one I've seen so far is the poster that says "I love you almost as much as that lion I never knew about until just yesterday."

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

LOL - Yep that's the one.

I heard Cecil is gonna get a REAL f**ing.

zebra.jpg
    Southern Gentleman

I sincerely do not believe it is illogical. In fact, it is highly logical to me. I consider those who value animal lives over human lives to be ignorant, elitist, misinformed, obnoxious, and just plain wrong. That is the epitome of logic to me.

And you have no idea whatsoever whether that was my original thought or not. The very idea of telling me that I can't quote someone who is better at stating what I ALREADY THOUGHT than I am, is absurd.

Your arguments here are without merit, IMHO, and I couldn't disagree more.
    And so it is. I don't value animal lives more than I value human ones. GOT THAT?

But I do believe that it is possible to abhor abortion (I do), and still think this asshole dentist has hurt the cause of hunters and hunting and sincerely wish he'd tried to go find himself a lion to shoot in the daylight and without having to lure him out of a national park. Its really fucking possible to believe both of those things at the same time. And when you post some fucking meme you read on the internet accusing me of valuing animal life over human just because I think that way is insulting and 'dismissive' of my views.

Now I will stop persecuting you for your christian beliefs, because I know you are put upon all the time, and you can go on about your business and I'll go about mine.

BKB

The story has hurt the cause of hunters. I don't know if the hunter has or not.

I do not mean to dismiss your views. I do reserve the right to disagree with them, sometimes vehemently. That's just me. But I never used "Christian" in any of this, btw.

And if this is about internet Memes, then I still stand by my contention that I don't care who says a phrase, or what picture is attached to it, or what the source of it is, just because it's on the internet does not make it true, and does NOT make it false, either. Such a 'meme' (which is one stupid word, IMHO) can very well be with high merit. If you don't like that, I can't help it, but it's true. Dismissive..........that's what you are doing by the fact that it came a) in an email, b) over the internet (like your bank balance, btw), or c)in a 'meme'. So I don't see the difference.

I am trying harder than ever to have discussions with you, but I am not going to agree with you or back off calling you out for things that make no sense (to me). Sorry. You are welcome to do the same.

NO one said YOU valued animal life over human life (at least I did not), but what I did imply was that the news that I saw (you introduced memes, I was going on news accounts only) was the height of irony because I assume that the same people hollering for the dentist to be killed because he killed a lion, are the same folks that FIGHT IN PUBLIC for the 'right' to kill 9 month old babies. That is what I said!@!!!!

because I assume that the same people hollering for the dentist to be killed because he killed a lion, are the same folks that FIGHT IN PUBLIC for the 'right' to kill 9 month old babies. That is what I said!@!!!!
    This is the part of the assumption that is incorrect. This right here. And because I personally think the dentist is the kind of asshole hunters that give the rest of us a difficult image to have to constantly overcome, you're lumping me and a bunch of other people in the same boat as people who believe animal life is more sacred than humans and love abortions and kill babies. I've never killed a baby in my life. Nor has anyone in my family. I raised my family differently than that. And here you are on your fucking high and mighty throne judging me on abortion and basing it on some motherfucker eho killed a FUCKING LION. Is that clear enough Bucky? Is that being dismissive to get my dander up because of that?

BKb

I disagree. That's not an incorrect assumption.

I did not lump YOU into the boat, show me where I did. If you are in that boat, you're in there by putting yourself in it. I didn't do it. I argued with you over Internet Memes. I said that I saw NEWS REPORTS (not emails) about people yelling to have his head, and I logically (Whether you agree or not) lumped THEM (not you) with pro-life baby killers. I'm not backing off of that, but you have to show me where I lumped you into that.

And I'm not on a high throne. I'm stating my opinions on a serious matter to me. But anytime I do, you (and others) blow the flip TOTALLY up because I don't agree with your stance.

Whatever. Go get your dander up somewhere else. I'm outta here. This is not worth it.

And here:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...law/ar-BBlmmcK

NOW tell me whether the Hunter or the Stupid Story is the problem!

Well, bye.

BKB

BBP / Bucky, If you two are the example of my relaxing golden retirement years to come I think I might just keep working.