Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The lions brother has now been shot too.

Hey Hombre ... I'm totally relaxed (AND LMAO 'cause, for once, I'm not involved!)
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I have no idea what bucky and bbp are talking but them pics are the bomb!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Hey Hombre ... I'm totally relaxed (AND LMAO 'cause, for once, I'm not involved!)
    That's good...what retirement is suppose to be right. On a serious note though. I just had a conversation with a friend yesterday explaining why I rarely ever engage in discussions on the internet anymore, specifically on sensitive topics. I'm not sure really what it is, whether its the a lack of emotion because people aren't face to face, inability to see an interpret body language, or the mob mentality, or ideas don't translate to writing as well. But it always seems across the internet peoples minds are made up. There is no discussion its just people talking at each other without listening.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    That's good...what retirement is suppose to be right. On a serious note though. I just had a conversation with a friend yesterday explaining why I rarely ever engage in discussions on the internet anymore, specifically on sensitive topics. I'm not sure really what it is, whether its the a lack of emotion because people aren't face to face, inability to see an interpret body language, or the mob mentality, or ideas don't translate to writing as well. But it always seems across the internet peoples minds are made up. There is no discussion its just people talking at each other without listening.
    Maybe.

I think very few people have honest discussions on the internet. That is, they will never ever admit they were wrong. They will face to face, but not here. Just like this..........Posty said I accused him directly of something I did not do! I said so, and told him. But no response.

And by 'bye' I meant this thread. But I lied. But I'm out of it. Everytime I think of this stupid cat, I get riled up. And being told I can't validly appreciate others' thoughts is stupid. Sorry to use the word, but it fits. This whole thing is nutsoid.

Now I'm moving on.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

no Redbird's tonight what are you gonna do with the time

I understand why some of you folks don't think this is very important. After all, it internet memes. And many are intended to be funny. But this particular one irks the shit out of me because it invokes the conservative H Bomb that gets dropped all the time: the baby killer bomb. It gets invoked at any time. If you have liberal political views, then you're a baby killer. Those are pretty serious fucking accusations if you ask me. Them is fighting words. But they get used all the time. And by people who do NOTHING whatsoever to go about changing the law other than blathering about it on the internet and using the topic to feel morally superior.
    The other part about it is that once people suspend their skepticism, they'll believe anything. Now, as example, there is not one iota of proof or truth that Planned Parenthood is selling baby parts. There are simply videos published with doctors and Planned Parenthood executives talking, in a way that is shocking, about the methods they use to perform abortions so that tissue can be used by other humans. Its discussed so crassly that it makes you want to vomit. But there is not thing said, not one shred of evidence, and not one example provided of anyone buying or selling any part of a baby for profit. Yet, that is the firmly held belief, again based on these videos, of many many people. We've completely suspended our integrity when we allow ourselves to be led into thinking and believing stuff by people who do it, not in search of moral truth, but with the agenda of creating common political ground. Congress is even voting on the matter today, without one shred of credible truth. That's how dangerous and stupid this topic is. The people who latched onto this are just as mindless as the ones who value a lion's life over a baby's. Because none of it is thought through.

BKB

And you think there is no evidence of that, and you're riled up at everyone who has viewed it, and you think everyone should dismiss their ideas and buy into yours???

Seriously??

You are seriously one of the smartest human beings I ever met. But sometimes the things you say that you believe astound me. In my lowly, worthless, HUMBLE opinion, you have an agenda.......and furthering it is foremost for you. I don't get it. It's the very thing that you accuse me and others of doing!

Yes, they are. Go read up for a few days and come back and tell me why on earth you would think they are not. They've been caught. Are you claiming that every shred of evidence on this is made up??? Dude!!!

Mercy me and a biscuit. See why I keep getting dragged back in.....it's hard to look away from a train wreck! This is nuts, man.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I have looked at the videos. Can you point me to one where it proves they are 'selling baby parts?

BKB

OK. Piece at a time.

Have you seen this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw2xi9mhmuo

“I think a per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.”

Dr. Josef Mingele would fit right in.

Finding a LOT more is hard, because:

After the release of three covertly shot videos by The Center for Medical progress taken of Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s Senior Director of Medical Services, Dr. Deborah Nucatola, describing how Planned Parenthood sells the body parts of aborted fetuses, and admitting she uses partial-birth abortions to supply intact body parts, a CA court has just issued a temporary restraining order to prevent the reease of any more damaging videos.

And I tell you what, bro............ if you are deeply offended to keep being lumped with the Liberals who ARE for baby killing, then maybe you ought to jump ship. Because you can't support the Democratic Party without being for it. Here's what they claim to believe about it:

Strongly and unequivocally support Roe v. Wade
    The Democratic Party strongly and unequivocally supports Roe v. Wade and a woman's right to make decisions regarding her pregnancy, including a safe and legal abortion, regardless of ability to pay. We oppose any and all efforts to weaken or undermine that right. Abortion is an intensely personal decision between a woman, her family, her doctor, and her clergy; there is no place for politicians or government to get in the way. We also recognize that health care and education help reduce the number of unintended pregnancies and thereby also reduce the need for abortions. We strongly and unequivocally support a woman's decision to have a child by providing affordable health care and ensuring the availability of and access to programs that help women during pregnancy and after the birth of a child, including caring adoption programs.

And I didn't mean to chamge the subject to this. I was using it as an example of how often the truth gets stretched to the point we believe what we want.

BKB

Oh, and more............... the government (me) MUST pay for this:

Support right to choose even if mother cannot pay
    Because we believe in the privacy and equality of women, we stand proudly for a woman’s right to choose, consistent with Roe v. Wade, and regardless of her ability to pay. We stand firmly against Republican efforts to undermine that right. At the same time, we strongly support family planning and adoption incentives. Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare.
    Source: The Democratic Platform for America, p.36

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    And I didn't mean to chamge the subject to this. I was using it as an example of how often the truth gets stretched to the point we believe what we want.

BKB
    I dismiss the idea that I'm the only one that might do such a thing!!! I'm that dismissive.

I can be pro choice without being for abortion. many people are. In fact, I'd dare to say MOST people are.

BKB

Then what is the specific choice that you happen to be FOR, pray tell???????????????

I can be pro choice without being for abortion. many people are. In fact, I'd dare to say MOST people are.

BKB
    The Democratic Party must not be "most people", then.

If you can keep up, here's you some more reading on your dichotomial stand:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Background_Abortion.htm

Meanwhile, YOUR President says all this is 2nd rate drivel, that the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING ON EARTH IS:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...nge/ar-BBlmtqQ

In other news, China and most of the developed world laughed out loud.

You're slow. Got stuff to do.

Here's a TOKEN for you to consider (sorry for the ad):

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...nge/ar-BBlmtqQ

The man paid 50k, to go to one of the biggest cesspool in the world. I don't give a rat's ass' if he'd shot it out of the post office over there.

My personal feelings on this has nothing to do with my political beliefs. I believe that abortion is morally wrong. But I don't believe that it is murder. That's because I don't believe life begins until a baby is living outside of its mother's womb. Until its born. Is the formation of a new life from two cells to a functioning human being an amazing and miraculous thing (miraculous in a non religious way I'll add)? Fuckin A right it is. Are there doctors who would gladly terminate a pregnancy and parents who would do the same just because via in utero testing they don't like the roll of the dice they got genetically? FuckIn A right there are. And that's why I think it is morally wrong to go there.
    But I don't hold my moral convictions to be any better than anybody else's (although its obvious may e only to me that mine are better thought out than yours) (and that's a joke Nimrod). And it would be highly dangerous if my moral convictions were the basis of law. I believe people should have choices in this and in many things that our so called morality based laws don't allow us today.

Late term abortions are a huge 'I don't know' area for me. If I knew the answers or thought
    I did i'd tell you. And when a fetus is viable is part of the problem that makes it difficult.

I think my beliefs in this are ptobably closer to the Talmudic laws that your basic ten commandments are part of as well. They believed life begins a birth as well.That ain't why I think that way, though. Just pointing it out before you start throwing scriptures at me.

BKb

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Buckrub - "I think very few people have honest discussions on the internet. That is, they will never ever admit they were wrong. They will face to face, but not here. Just like this.........." This is what I'm talking about. A symptom of the larger problem, although one I didn't list, this contributes to people talking at each other and not having an actual listening and speaking conversation.

Dang Postie ... sometimes I get the feeling we may be brothers ... with different mothers.

Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
    The man paid 50k, to go to one of the biggest cesspool in the world. I don't give a rat's ass' if he'd shot it out of the post office over there.
    So, ethical hunting is not high on your list of priorities I see.

That's cool! As long as you hunting with me it is anyways.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
    I am 1000% with you on this. Matters not one bit.
    Best reply on the thread.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

My personal feelings on this has nothing to do with my political beliefs. I believe that abortion is morally wrong. But I don't believe that it is murder. That's because I don't believe life begins until a baby is living outside of its mother's womb. Until its born. Is the formation of a new life from two cells to a functioning human being an amazing and miraculous thing (miraculous in a non religious way I'll add)? Fuckin A right it is. Are there doctors who would gladly terminate a pregnancy and parents who would do the same just because via in utero testing they don't like the roll of the dice they got genetically? FuckIn A right there are. And that's why I think it is morally wrong to go there.
    But I don't hold my moral convictions to be any better than anybody else's (although its obvious may e only to me that mine are better thought out than yours) (and that's a joke Nimrod). And it would be highly dangerous if my moral convictions were the basis of law. I believe people should have choices in this and in many things that our so called morality based laws don't allow us today.

Late term abortions are a huge 'I don't know' area for me. If I knew the answers or thought
    I did i'd tell you. And when a fetus is viable is part of the problem that makes it difficult.

I think my beliefs in this are ptobably closer to the Talmudic laws that your basic ten commandments are part of as well. They believed life begins a birth as well.That ain't why I think that way, though. Just pointing it out before you start throwing scriptures at me.

BKb
    Well, ok, but you've ignored quite a bit of the arguments I gave on this entire thread..........on ALL of the topics. I still see no reason to think I'm wrong even a little bit, and nothing you've said sways me on anything I said. I could make a list, A, B, C if you want.

But you KEEP introducing new stuff, sidestepping the old stuff, dancing here and there. It really is true, to argue with a person with Liberal views is like nailing Jello to the wall. Just now, you said:
    And it would be highly dangerous if my moral convictions were the basis of law.

Well, I tell you what. Take the word "my" out of that sentence, and you'd have the common statement many people make. But it's just another incorrect cliche. Sort of like "It ain't bragging if you can do it". Of course it is!! But take "my" out and guess what? If you take out fiduciary law, and laws related to that, EVERY LAW IS BASED ON MORAL CONVICTIONS!" Give me a break!

I hate to sound like Alison Widmer, but if you'll start one thread on any of these topics, and stay on it, I'll discuss it with you. But you have to be honest, and you have to stay on topic. Pick one:
    *Abortion (however, I can't reconcile your belief that humans don't exist till they are air breathers with 'late term abortions are a problem for me. If you believe the former, truly, there's no problem. If there's a problem, your believes need challenged. Pick one).
    *Democratic Party Platform
    *Internet Memes
    *Cecil the Lion Kill(ed)
    *Quoting others' thoughts, whether found on internet, email, or wherever
    *Ethical hunting practices
    *Argument and discussion acceptable methods

You pick. But if you dance all over just to avoid defeat, I'll bow out.

Fire away.

And Hombre, yeah. After I typed that and read it, I thought it was really what you said, actually................

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Whatever. Go get your dander up somewhere else. I'm outta here. This is not worth it.
    Ha ha ha ha! And you've made 17 more posts since this one! (so far!)