Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Can't Possibly Be True

This Can't Possibly Be True

Because any time there's something I really like to eat, some asshole doctor says its bad for you.

BKB

http://www.livescience.com/51743-spi...nger-life.html

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    A) My wife may die by Saturday, then
    B) I love it, but can't eat it. I don't know who is responsible for my design, but my mouth and my stomach are not made by the same company, and are not compatible.
    C) When you are 130 years old and typing here, remember me sometimes.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I can wave the cap of the cayenne pepper jar over something and my wife accuses me of over-spicing it.

I used to have an Aunt Ruth who lived with her family in a little burg in North Texas called Howe, Texas. Its down by Tom Bean and Val Alstyne and Bonham and a lot of other little Mayberry towns in one of the prettiest parts of the world. Yeah, I said something nice about Texas. When I was a young stud and lived in that area for a while I used to go visit her and one of her favorite things to do was to feed me like I was In serious need of fattening up (it worked). My favorite memory of her is sitting in her kitchen eating her fried chicken and pickled jalapeno peppers. It was the first time I'd ever really tried peppers with anything. I still can't eat fried chicken without a pepper. But it also set me on a path of exploring all manners of spicy food.
    I still have some sealed containers of the dried pepper mix that put Cliffie on the bathroom floor by the way. Travis knows about it. He put some on some chili once and couldn't finish the bowl and he's a fellow brother of the chili lovers guild.

BKB

I won't get into the reasons, but it isn't about taste. She can't eat anything, not even black pepper, not mustard, nothing.

I'm not that bad, but even jalapenos tear me up. If the little duck came down and gave me one wish, it would be to 'fix' my stomach problems and be normal even if for a little while, and not my heart problems.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Before we have to read a jimmy post about eating thai elephant penises that could actually melt metal....

I love me some spicy food. The older I get, the less it likes me on the way out but I still love it. I have 3 of 4 kids pulling the hot sauce out at many meals so I consider mine, a life well spent.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

My peppers, like most everything else in my garden, did jack doodley squat this year. I'm starting some in pots that I'll overwinter in the house that I guess I'll use for pepper sauce. I'm out of the batch that I sent to Eddie.

I've had a thing for habanero-ginger-mango sauce on wings. You have to be careful not to burn it but its good stuff maynard.

My oldest son and I are going to an event down in Tulsa this weekend called Wingapalooza. I may take a bib.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    I buy cayenne and chipotle pepper by the pound
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Well since Ticboy quashed the elephant penis story, I'll simply go on record to say Lynn and I both eat stuff that would melt metal. It's a good mix ... especially when she cooks, as we don't have to make two separate batches.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I've read other articles that spivey food does things like lower blood pressure, better digestion (go figure) lowers cholesterol, etc. so maybe it is true.

If it is, I'll live to 100. There's not much out there that I call "too hot"

Quote Originally Posted by Arty View Post
    I've read other articles that spivey food does things like lower blood pressure, better digestion (go figure) lowers cholesterol, etc. so maybe it is true.

If it is, I'll live to 100. There's not much out there that I call "too hot"
    Clearly so, from your avatar picture.

Hahaha....I keep that hot stuff Phole sent me in the cabinet, in a sealed container marked "Corrosive-Battery Acid", so nobody except me will even touch it....I spilled a drop of it on our granite countertop, and it ate a hole in it....I don't need a gun for intruders, I'll just throw that sheeit at 'em.
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Before we have to read a jimmy post about eating thai elephant penises that could actually melt metal.....
    That is some funny Sheit' right there.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Its interesting what can upset our stomachs. I eat peppers, pepper sauce, and other stuff regularly that really bothers some people but it never has caused me a problem. Other than needing an ice cream cone in the shitter. (have you checked our shitters, Honey?)
    Lately I've woke up with heartburn in the night and have to get up and chew on a couple of Tums. The cause? Gatorade. G2 to be specific. Been on a binge where I would deink three or so 12 oz bottles of it a day, basically just keep a cup on ice going all day. I switched over to water and boom, heartburn stopped.
    Strange.

bKB

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    That is some funny Sheit' right there.
    Would you happen to have your stool with you? (just trying to save you some time)

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Its interesting what can upset our stomachs. I eat peppers, pepper sauce, and other stuff regularly that really bothers some people but it never has caused me a problem. Other than needing an ice cream cone in the shitter. (have you checked our shitters, Honey?)
    Lately I've woke up with heartburn in the night and have to get up and chew on a couple of Tums. The cause? Gatorade. G2 to be specific. Been on a binge where I would deink three or so 12 oz bottles of it a day, basically just keep a cup on ice going all day. I switched over to water and boom, heartburn stopped.
    Strange.

bKB
    Heartburn is usually the first sign of heart problems...

Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
    Heartburn is usually the first sign of heart problems...
    Ummm, not really. Heartburn can be a symptom of a heart attack, but actual heartburn (acid reflux/GERD) ain't from heart problems.

That's what mine is. I belch up a little liquid that burns like the dickens. Maybe heartburn is the wrong way to describe it.
    BKB

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Ummm, not really. Heartburn can be a symptom of a heart attack, but actual heartburn (acid reflux/GERD) ain't from heart problems.
    Maybe, but everyone I know that starts eating rolaids or tums end up with stints in their chest.

Well heck, ya' made me look it up!

http://www.healthline.com/symptom/heartburn

Here's the first sentence: Heartburn is a symptom that rarely has anything to do with your heart.

Well heck, ya' made me look it up!

http://www.healthline.com/symptom/heartburn

Here's the first sentence: Heartburn is a symptom that rarely has anything to do with your heart.
    That's horseshit, i can get you about 20 testimonials that after their stints they don't have heartburn anymore.

I do know people that had heart attacks that initially thought they had heartburn. I wonder if its them mistaking the symptoms or if its actually heartburn being a precursor.

BKB

Here ya go Jimmy! You can send one of these to a few people around here. Theyknowwhotheyare.

17210_1.jpg
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Another digestive issue that comes with age that makes me sad. I used to cook my steaks medium rare. Warms red center. Now that will destroy my stomach for 24 hours. Had to go to medium now and it makes me sad.

Maybe, but everyone I know that starts eating rolaids or tums end up with stints in their chest.
    Maybe that's because heartburn seems to increase with age. I NEVER, EVER had heartburn when I was younger. I remember my dad always complained of it and drank Pepto-Bismol like water! I reached a certain age where it really started bothering me. I could eat certain foods or drink certain liquids and I could tell you with 100% certainty I'd suffer heartburn later (usually that night). I ate Tums like candy until I started taking Omeprazole on a daily basis after being prescribed by my doctor. (It's generic Prilosec)

That's horseshit, i can get you about 20 testimonials that after their stints they don't have heartburn anymore.
    Okay ... nevermind Dr. Notill.

Its not like mine was chronic. (I use Chronic for other stuff) maybe one or two nights a week and that went on for a couple weeks before I started trying to figure out the cause.

Hasn't returned since I quit the G2.
    BKB

For me it started as an occassional thing. Then it got to the point I'd have it if I ate anything spicy (almost a daily occurrence). Cucumbers were REALLY bad. Tomato sauces like spaghetti or lasagna, etc. Chocolate or anything high in caffeine. Citrus juices and especially any alcoholic drink. It started out as an "every once in a while" thing, but as I got older, it progressed to the point I could tell you for a fact I would have heartburn that night. The Prilosec ended that (been on it for 4-5 years now) and I couldn't tell you the last time I had heartburn/acid reflux.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Its not like mine was chronic. (I use Chronic for other stuff) maybe one or two nights a week and that went on for a couple weeks before I started trying to figure out the cause.

Hasn't returned since I quit the G2.
    BKB
    Gatorade contains a lot citric acid which could be the problem as well.

For me it started as an occassional thing. Then it got to the point I'd have it if I ate anything spicy (almost a daily occurrence). Cucumbers were REALLY bad. Tomato sauces like spaghetti or lasagna, etc. Chocolate or anything high in caffeine. Citrus juices and especially any alcoholic drink. It started out as an "every once in a while" thing, but as I got older, it progressed to the point I could tell you for a fact I would have heartburn that night. The Prilosec ended that (been on it for 4-5 years now) and I couldn't tell you the last time I had heartburn/acid reflux.
    I can eat broken glass without a problem, but even the smallest piece of cucumber hiding in a salad will hurt me. I can still do spicy, but not at the level of years ago, and I'm hoping that don't get any worse ......

NTB, you are FOS. Up to your brownie nose.

I have both conditions worse than anyone you know, worse than anyone on here, period. I survived an L.A.D M.I. I have microscopic colitis so badly that it really need surgery that I won't do.

I have two stints.

I woke up about 2 hours after I ate last night with bile in my throat so badly I was about 10 seconds from choking to death. What did I eat? A salad! With honey dijon dressing! That's it. I have acid reflux to the max. The only thing that fixes it, even remotely, is taking TWO Protonix twice a day, and about 4-6 Intacourts during flareups. But I can't, at least not for 1/2 the year........cause I'm in the donut hole and I can't afford that much Protonix and Budesonide (about $2,000 a month) AND my Crestor 20 (about $400 a month) AND my Lisinopril (cheap). I hit the donut hole last month and I'm in a pickle till January. SO I just have bile and reflux and live with it. I also have to inhale one Asmanex daily ($300 a month) and keep ProAir rescue inhalers with me at all times and go through a lot of those. I got an 'ologist' for everything, and I have become a reluctant but high quality expert on this stuff!

Ain't NO connection to my heart. None. Any connection is in the minds of you and your 20 fine friends.

That's a FACT, it ain't validly arguable, and that's that.