Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This Can't Possibly Be True

Heartburn or heart attack: When to worry
    Severe heartburn and heart attack can be hard to tell apart. Understand how they typically differ, and learn when to get immediate help.

By Mayo Clinic Staff
    You've just eaten a big meal and feel a burning sensation in your chest. Heartburn, right? Probably, but there's a chance the chest pain is caused by reduced blood flow to your heart (angina) or an actual heart attack.

And I go back to my original statememnt:

Ummm, not really. Heartburn can be a symptom of a heart attack, but actual heartburn (acid reflux/GERD) ain't from heart problems.
    You bring up your 20 examples like if you have heartburn, you have heart problems. That's not correct. A headache is a symptom of a dang brain aneurism, that does NOT mean you have an aneurism if you have a headache. Big difference.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I'm saving this thread for the next time anyone on here calls me hard headed.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
    Severe heartburn and heart attack can be hard to tell apart. Understand how they typically differ, and learn when to get immediate help.

By Mayo Clinic Staff
    You've just eaten a big meal and feel a burning sensation in your chest. Heartburn, right? Probably, but there's a chance the chest pain is caused by reduced blood flow to your heart (angina) or an actual heart attack.
    What?

There is NOTHING in that whatsoever that implies in any way that the two are linked physiologically. Just that we're too stupid to tell the symptoms apart!!!!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Whom are you calling hard-headed?

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I'm saving this thread for the next time anyone on here calls me hard headed.

BKB
    There can't be two????
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

By Mayo Clinic Staff
    Actually, if you READ that ... even YOUR quote says they are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    What?

There is NOTHING in that whatsoever that implies in any way that the two are linked physiologically. Just that we're too stupid to tell the symptoms apart!!!!
    You do see that's from Mayo don't you ?

Yes, and Mayo's quote that you are MISREADING is proving you wrong.

Read it better.

It is saying that the symptoms of both FEEL like acid reflux/indigestion, but they are NOT RELATED and NOT THE SAME and so don't think that something is 'only' indigestion since it MIGHT be something entirely UNRELATED such as angina!!

You DID go to ASU, right??

Also from the Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...n/con-20019545

Definition
    By Mayo Clinic Staff
    Heartburn is a burning pain in your chest, just behind your breastbone. The pain is often worse when lying down or bending over.

Occasional heartburn is common and no cause for alarm. Most people can manage the discomfort of heartburn on their own with lifestyle changes and over-the-counter medications.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Actually, if you READ that ... even YOUR quote says they are not the same thing.
    Maybe it's different in y'all part of the country. Do you think I'm making this up ? Hell I don't have any problems, but I've took my dad TWICE to the ER having heart-attacks. Both times, he was eating rolaids by the handfuls months prior to. Every person I personally know who has had heart problems had what they thought was heart-burn first.

Yes, and Mayo's quote that you are MISREADING is proving you wrong.

Read it better.

It is saying that the symptoms of both FEEL like acid reflux/indigestion, but they are NOT RELATED and NOT THE SAME and so don't think that something is 'only' indigestion since it MIGHT be something entirely UNRELATED such as angina!!

You DID go to ASU, right??
    You want me to put my dad on the phone and let him explain it to you ? He's had a lot more heart problems than you !

Well, here ya' go! (in black and white)

http://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/...artburn-basics

What Is Heartburn?

Despite its name, heartburn has nothing to do with the heart. Some of the symptoms, however, are similar to those of a heart attack or heart disease.

Heartburn is an irritation of the esophagus that is caused by stomach acid. This can create a burning discomfort in the upper abdomen or below the breast bone.

No you are NOT making it up! I am sure you are sincere.

I am also 100% sure you are mistaken, and misguided.

Listen closely, open your mind, grasshopper. Stop assuming anything and just listen.

The FEELING of heartburn could be related to stomach/esophagus OR it could not. If it is not, it MIGHT be angina.

The feeling to the person was/is the same many times. Thus, since they BELIEVE (wrongly) that they are having indigestion, they eat Rolaids, Ranitidine, something...........which does nothing because that's not the issue.......the two are not physiologically related, so taking antacids does nothing of course.

You made the comment that folks that have stints no longer have heartburn. Dude!! That's what we're arguing with. The two are not related, and heart stints will NOT fix hietal hernias! Or indigestion! Or acid reflux!! I KNOW FOR A FACT. Ask any doctor if you don't believe me.

The quote you are using backs up what I'm saying 100%.

Maybe it was just the spicy giant Thai elephant penises.
    What does Nayo say about that?
    BKb

And I thought I was stubborn! Sheeeesh!

Screw the stints, you could have a dang heart transplant and it wouldn't cure your "heartburn".

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    And I thought I was stubborn! Sheeeesh!

Again...........there can be two!!!

I think you guys are being dismissive of NoTill's opinions here.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I think you guys are being dismissive of NoTill's opinions here.

BKB
    SD'er!

But not of NTB. Just of his wrong opinions, not the right ones!!!

Digestion Issues
    Not every digestive problem can be attributed to a heart issue, but changes in your digestion or appetite can be an indicator of heart failure. And your digestion can be a warning sign for an impending heart attack if you’re experiencing terrible heartburn with nausea and vomiting. When your heart isn’t working properly, your stomach and other digestive organs don’t receive enough blood, which interrupts the digestion process. You could feel full after only a small amount of food or feel nausea after you eat because your stomach doesn’t have the blood it needs to digest your food.
    Also, if your heart isn’t pumping enough blood and fluid is getting built up in your lungs, they will swell and cause pressure on your digestive system, resulting in a feeling of fullness or nausea. If you’ve had heart problems in the past, or you have other symptoms, these digestive issues could be a clue that you’re on the road to heart trouble.

Read More: Warning Signs That You Are Headed For Heart Trouble | http://totalnewswire.com/heart-troub...ckback=tsmclip

Can we just get back to lion shaming someone?

BKB

Digestion Issues
    Not every digestive problem can be attributed to a heart issue, but changes in your digestion or appetite can be an indicator of heart failure. And your digestion can be a warning sign for an impending heart attack if you’re experiencing terrible heartburn with nausea and vomiting. When your heart isn’t working properly, your stomach and other digestive organs don’t receive enough blood, which interrupts the digestion process. You could feel full after only a small amount of food or feel nausea after you eat because your stomach doesn’t have the blood it needs to digest your food.
    Also, if your heart isn’t pumping enough blood and fluid is getting built up in your lungs, they will swell and cause pressure on your digestive system, resulting in a feeling of fullness or nausea. If you’ve had heart problems in the past, or you have other symptoms, these digestive issues could be a clue that you’re on the road to heart trouble.

Read More: Warning Signs That You Are Headed For Heart Trouble | http://totalnewswire.com/heart-troub...ckback=tsmclip
    My last:

But you said the OPPOSITE Of that. You said that if a man gets stints in his heart, he'll stop having indigestion. That's balderdash.

I'm done.

My last

I'm done.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahaha haHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahaha hahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahaha hahaha

My last:

But you said the OPPOSITE Of that. You said that if a man gets stints in his heart, he'll stop having indigestion. That's balderdash.

I'm done.
    That has happened to my dad twice, the second time he had bypass and has never had a rolaid since.

I give up. What was the question?

Do lion burgers cause heartburn?
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I thought George Bush caused heartburn?
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Oh he did. He for sure did.

BKB

Because he was such a Lion.