Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: And before you ask, no..............

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    That's fine if you don't pay into it.
    But if you buy insurance, you don't want the benefits paid only to the poor.
    I'm not saying pay it only to the poor. I'm saying do it just like we do social security: means test it until you reach full retirement age. Its the segment that is on disability and under full retirement age that's the fastest growing segment of disability insurance beneficiaries. Why should We pay a 50 year old SS Disability if he's making above the SS income threshold? ($15000)

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I'm not saying pay it only to the poor. I'm saying do it just like we do social security: means test it until you reach full retirement age. Its the segment that is on disability and under full retirement age that's the fastest growing segment of disability insurance beneficiaries. Why should We pay a 50 year old SS Disability if he's making above the SS income threshold? ($15000)

BKB
    I guess because he was forced to buy Disability Insurance as part of his forced SS payroll tax for years.....................
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    The fact that a great swath of right wingers appear to be giddy about The Donald is part of what really confuses me. These are the same folks who have spent the past 20 years eviscerating the GOP with their RINO purity tests. If Trump isn't a RINO, I don't know who is?
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

And that's what is troubling Faux News. If this was CNN treating a Republican the way Trump was last night they'd be getting skewered by the Right.

BKB

Hank, all that goes out the window with someone who is brash, confrontational, and has said maybe 3 things that are HOT buttons for the Right. They see this guy as a 'Big Boy' unafraid to take on the same folks they wish they could. To them, almost everyone is a RINO, honestly. I read daily (where NTB used to be....ha) and those are true Right Wing guys, let me tell you. And for every candidate, they'll say something like "I like XYZ, but man, he's too soft on ABC, so I'm off him".

No one satisfies them. There isn't a 'Savior' for them like Obama was for the Left.

So they get behind the guy unafraid to put a Confederate Flag on the back of his Pickup and drive around the Square.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

And that's what is troubling Faux News. If this was CNN treating a Republican the way Trump was last night they'd be getting skewered by the Right.

BKB
    Dick Morris (a joke, but a Clinton man before), said his assessment was that Fox News did all they could to belittle the "Right" in this show.

The talk of repealing Dodd-Frank is especially scary. Sure, lets go right back to the same shit that got us into the recession in the first place.

And Rubio was playing fast and loose with his facts on that too. Rubio is just another slicky boy.

I see the attraction to Cruz. He's well spoken, seems to have a good grasp on what the issues are and he actually has plans for a lot of the issues. My problem with him is his shutdown of the government, which is unconscionable on anyone's part, over not getting his way, and his pandering to the far right of the party. I know a lot of that is rhetoric, but he just comes off sounding crazy.

BKB

But we on the Far Right ARE Crazy (to you), but we get as many votes as you do!

Yup. You do.

If I were you I'd push closing the government down then over Planned Parenthood funding based on those videos and fight hard as you can for extending retirement age, capping COLA for social security recipients, and move to push people off of SSI to private pension plans. I'd make that my platform (its Cruz's) and go for it!

And the one question I wanted to hear the moderators ask and wasn't asked of anyone was changing the lifetime appointments of the Supreme Court and have them be elected for retention by a vote. It was the first thing out of some of the candidates mouths when the Obamacare and Same Sex Marriage decisions came out. But Fox stayed away from it like it was the plague.

BKb

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    "and Rubio was playing fast and loose with his facts on that too. Rubio is just another slicky boy."

I know right, why do you think I like him so much. If you're going to debate, eventually, against a person (Hillary) who isn't limited by facts then you can't send an honest person to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    "and Rubio was playing fast and loose with his facts on that too. Rubio is just another slicky boy."

I know right, why do you think I like him so much. If you're going to debate, eventually, against a person (Hillary) who isn't limited by facts then you can't send an honest person to do it.
    Rubio would be over his head against Hillary in a slap fight. His lies are too obvious. Hers aren't.

BKB

Yup. You do.

If I were you I'd push closing the government down then over Planned Parenthood funding based on those videos and fight hard as you can for extending retirement age, capping COLA for social security recipients, and move to push people off of SSI to private pension plans. I'd make that my platform (its Cruz's) and go for it!

And the one question I wanted to hear the moderators ask and wasn't asked of anyone was changing the lifetime appointments of the Supreme Court and have them be elected for retention by a vote. It was the first thing out of some of the candidates mouths when the Obamacare and Same Sex Marriage decisions came out. But Fox stayed away from it like it was the plague.

BKb
    I've for all of that.

And I am NOT trying to be mean here, I swear!! And of course you get to have an opinion of these guys, naturally. NO problem. But it seems to me that you'll just vote for Hillary no matter who is the GOP guy, won't you? Julie'd cut your nuts off if you don't. So wouldn't you really want the craziest guy to emerge???

Rubio would be over his head against Hillary in a slap fight. His lies are too obvious. Hers aren't.

BKB
    See? What an amazingly, and I mean AMAZINGLY, biased statement. And 100% wrong.

I dunno Bucky. Hillary may not lie well, or maybe she does... but the fact is she gets away with whatever the hell she wants to. So the means don't matter if the end is the same. Which in her case, it always is.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

BKB
    I disagree. Hillary wears her emotion pretty openly when things don't go her way, and there's lots of ammunition to anger her with. The strategy for beating her in a debate is not difficult. A lot like a 3 year old. Fluster and antagonize until she starts getting frustrated where the true feelings bubble to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    I dunno Bucky. Hillary may not lie well, or maybe she does... but the fact is she gets away with whatever the hell she wants to. So the means don't matter if the end is the same. Which in her case, it always is.
    Lets be honest they all get away with a lot of shit they shouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    No, it won't be the case for her. That's my opinion.

Its biased of me to say Hillary is a better liar than Rubio? Are you from Planet Zenon? Which is this logic you claim to have?

Sorry, I almost wandered into DismissivenessLand. Which is a lot smaller than DismissivenessWorld.

Put me in the Don't want another Clinton or Bush camp. As of now, I'd vote for Bernie Sanders over any of the rubes on the debate floor last night and Hillary. The one possible exception might be Kasich or (outside chance) Rubio. Both I want to explore more and see how they fair. I don't hink Hillary is a lock for the Democratic nomination and I think, like Trump, Sanders could quite easily go independent. Hell he's 75% there already.

Obviously, I'm judging my choice by something different than purely along ideological lines. Tuis time I am thinking I will vote like I'm interviewing them for a job. So different values come into play and how close they track to my party's lines (Democrat, or Libtard if you prefer) aren't as important.
    I'm sick of the status quo of how we elect people. My way may revolt you. But here's a hint. I don't give a rats ass if you do.

(Insert maniacal laughter soundtrack here)

BKB

Well yes, I think it is. I think you will defend the Liberal at every turn if at all possible. That's just my opinion.

And I realize you'd vote for Sanders, and probably relish some scenario that will allow you to do so. You two are both Big Government Is The Solution guys. I get that.

If you can say that you are unbiased, and also say that you would vote for Sanders over any 'rube' you saw last night, then I can say that I'd vote for ANY 'rube' you saw last night before I'd vote for Clinton, and I'll move if Sanders is elected.

That is bias, sir. But I don't claim to be unbiased.

Eww, you want to explore Rubio? I mean, whatever melts your butter but the answer he gave about gayness last night had me believing he doesn't play for that team. Just sayin'.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Well yes, I think it is. I think you will defend the Liberal at every turn if at all possible. That's just my opinion.

And I realize you'd vote for Sanders, and probably relish some scenario that will allow you to do so. You two are both Big Government Is The Solution guys. I get that.

If you can say that you are unbiased, and also say that you would vote for Sanders over any 'rube' you saw last night, then I can say that I'd vote for ANY 'rube' you saw last night before I'd vote for Clinton, and I'll move if Sanders is elected.

That is bias, sir. But I don't claim to be unbiased.
    Oh nononononononono, you ain't doing that shit. I freely admit I have a political bent that is biased to the liberal side. But YOU said my comment about Hillary being a better liar than Rubio was biased, which is ridiculous. And dismissed, here and now.

Talk to the hand, pal.

BKB

Whatever dude. I believe what I said. If you even had a .00001% valid view of Hillary you couldn't possibly think she has a better in the Liars Club on THIS planet. Period. And if you do think that, you have to be biased, there's no other explanation.

And I don't know what it is I do that you get so ticked off at, any more than you're doing, but ok. Let's talk about something else, whatever. But I know that lady and you're misguided at best, and your statement proves it. But my comment about your statement is very far from ridiculous.

I'm not ticked off Mr Sensitive. I was making fun of you totally not even reading what I said. I said HILLARY WAS A BETTER LIAR.

BKB

Oh.

Dang.

I'm going back to bed. Later guys.

Sigh.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    When are you two idjits ever going to figure out that politics are something you two should never talk about? From the outside looking in you are both suckers for political bait.

And many other things.

There is nothing on this earth that I should never talk about. Period. And the two things that matter most, Religion and Politics, are way up there in importance to me and thus that's what I want to talk about.

But that's just me.