Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I think this Red State guy disinviting Trump at 'his' meeting was a big mistake and think Trump will surge in the polls this week among conservatives. If it was me, I'd look at it like this Red State fellow decided I couldn't decide for myself about Trump so he'd decide for me because he knew better. Fuck him. Put him on and let me make up my own mind. Anyway. I guess the rebelious side comes out once in a while. You Republicans are too damned docile. BKB
    I disagree. The bottom line is that Trump isn't a conservative. 15 months before the election people may enjoy watching him poke the establishment with a stick. At the end of the day, he stands for nothing and is just a side show.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I agree with Chicken Dinner's disagree.....
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    when I look at all the clowns in washington I think politics in general is one big side show at the taxpayers expense
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

And it gets MORE and MORE expensive every passing president.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I agree also. It's fun to WATCH the sideshow and see the establishment squirm ... but I hope he disappears before we get serious about the elections. By that time we'll have already had a sideshow in the Whitehouse for 8 years and it will be time for a REAL change by then ... I just hope it's not Trump. The leadership of this country has been a total embarrassment for the past two terms and it's time for this country to have something to be proud of again.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I've read a lot of comments here about politics from conservatives. I live in the reddest state in the union and read and hear conservative viewpoints every day. I also see the memes and the comments made about our current president on social networks. I have to tell you, none of what I hear from the conservatives Sounds like what the other twelve candidates are saying. They all sound just like Donald Trump. Either conservatives have a huge double standard or they really don't believe what's coming out of their mouths.

BKB

Well let's just say for me it ain't WHAT he's saying its HOW he's saying it.
    The straw that broke my back was when he talked shit about John McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Well let's just say for me it ain't WHAT he's saying its HOW he's saying it.
    The straw that broke my back was when he talked shit about John McCain.
    Trump's definition of a hero was really text book, and I can see that. However, I don't think he should have said it either.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I've read a lot of comments here about politics from conservatives. I live in the reddest state in the union and read and hear conservative viewpoints every day. I also see the memes and the comments made about our current president on social networks. I have to tell you, none of what I hear from the conservatives Sounds like what the other twelve candidates are saying. They all sound just like Donald Trump. Either conservatives have a huge double standard or they really don't believe what's coming out of their mouths.

BKB
    NOT trying to force an argument. But I read stuff like your bold comments above (my bolding) and I furrow my brow. ha.

I don't understand how you arrive at such conclusions. I just don't get it. Now, Cappy is right that a lot of it is HOW he says it. But ain't NO other GOP guy saying build a fence in Texas and make Mexico pay for it!!! And that's just one. Makes me wonder if you're not just tuning out all GOP comments.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I guess you have to figure out what is more important in a president: being right in everything you say or do or not being honest and keeping what you really think to yourself in fear of losing anyone's vote.

BKB

Comic Relief.

That's the most important characteristic.

Otherwise, they all spend MY money on YOU and THEM somehow!!!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

P.S.
    If I had to choose a POTUS out of this bunch, and I got my way............I'd pick Ben Carson or Marco Rubio........and hope the other was VEEP.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    NOT trying to force an argument. But I read stuff like your bold comments above (my bolding) and I furrow my brow. ha.

I don't understand how you arrive at such conclusions. I just don't get it. Now, Cappy is right that a lot of it is HOW he says it. But ain't NO other GOP guy saying build a fence in Texas and make Mexico pay for it!!! And that's just one. Makes me wonder if you're not just tuning out all GOP comments.
    Once again you ain't read a thing of what I actually wrote. what I said was what I am hearing conservatives say, my friends, acquaintances, friends of friends, etc, (not politicians) is more in line with Trump than any of the other republican candidates.

BKB

OK, I've admitted I'm misunderstanding you a lot.

But that is NOT what you said, man!

You said all the GOP candidates sound just like Trump. I even bolded that sentence!!

????

Uh, no I didn't but never mind.

BKB

Guess I don't understand. I am honestly trying.

What does this mean, then?

They all sound just like Donald Trump.

BKB
    I'm saying what Trump says sounds exactly like what the conservatives I spoke about in my first sentence are saying, NOT what the other candidates are saying.

BKB

Oh. I took your word "conservatives" to mean the other candidates, not your friends.

I see now. But you really need an editor. What does it pay?

With your reading comprehension lately, maybe you should pay me.

BKB

Now I ain't about to admit that one was my fault. You are being vague with your hominems and hyperboles. You shoulda said "My conservative FRIENDS", or "the conservative CANDIDATES", whichever one you meant.

But I'm sure I'd end up paying you either way. I'm pretty gullible.

Actually, MY man isn't even in the race....I'll take Trey Gowdy, any day of the week....he doesn't take sheeit off of ANYBODY....and, I just hope he finds that elusive needle in the haystack, which will finally put Hillary out to pasture.
    Southern Gentleman

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Like I said......Isaac Asimov's "Mule".

And if he runs as an independent, they probably will lose to Hillary. And that can't happen. If it does, life won't continue as we know it. Gasp all you want.
    I'm gonna run with the mule theory. This is too well orchestrated. Some goofy thing in the paper everyday and he quickly rises to the top, grabs some solid votes and runs off to a 3rd party. Democratic president in the bag!
    --Foo