Thread: Hey Captain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Well.........just read of another first hand Mt. Lion sighting, this time where my late FIL had his camp, or thereabouts..........down the Wild Goose road in the Refuge. That's a far different type of country than where others have been seen. Then a second report of two being seen at a guy's farm.

Also, another guy pointed out that SC is actively trying to eradicate coyotes, and Arkansas does nothing. He also told me that the 'no tag, no count' deal is a state law, and their DNR can't do anything about it, but would if they could.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Well.........just read of another first hand Mt. Lion sighting, this time where my late FIL had his camp, or thereabouts..........down the Wild Goose road in the Refuge. That's a far different type of country than where others have been seen. Then a second report of two being seen at a guy's farm.
    Sorry Bucky but I just don't believe the whole Mt Lion stories. Just saying you read a "first hand" story (like that makes it real) ain't evidence of cats. I can write a very believable story about seeing one and serve it up as evidence. Bet a bunch of people would pass that story around as truth too. Guess that would be a first hand story too.
    We (in NC) have been hearing reports of Eastern Cougars (extinct) for as long as I can remember. NEVER has a trail cam ever got a picture. There was one trail cam picture once that made the rounds as "first hand" and "true evidence" until the exact same photo was found from a trail cam in MONTANA! Someone downloaded it and posted their "first hand" story about seeing it and getting proof on their trail cam on NCDEER.com. And of course for months it was very much "real evidence" and proof for all the story tellers and believers. The wildlife commission uncovered the picture from its original source and exposed that first hand story for what it was.
    I don't care how many websites or what group has evidence at LEAST 90 percent is BS. And the other 10% is questionable at best.
    There are websites on the extinct eastern cougar with all these first hand accounts and it's all fairy dust. Like the passenger pigeon they are gone. And no amount of people saying they see them is gonna bring them back. Just another Bigfoot for folks that want to, or need have a story to tell. It's always I hear of, or I know someone that knows someone that saw one. And of course there is that story of "my uncle ran over one with his car just south of (insert town name), but would not pick it up because they were afraid the wildlife folks would charge him with something."
    Shoot one and make a picture and we will talk.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!