Thread: Buddy Baker

Buddy Baker

Took the final checkered flag last night. He was 74
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I would have thought he was older .....
    Last edited by No-till Boss; 08-10-2015 at 11:03 AM.

One of those voices you recognize instantly if you're a NASCAR fan.

RIP!

BKB

Oh man! I've been so busy I hadn't heard that. I met him at the Daytona track when I was like 9 or 10 years old. My dad was with Buck Baker (Buddy's dad) at the time and I think it was only the 1st or 2nd year Buddy drove his dad's car (he was like 20 years old then!). I even got to sit in his car before the race and I remember he did pretty well, just out of the top 10 if I remember correctly. Ha! I remember he won $100 and I kept thinking of all the things I could buy with $100, starting with a new bike!

Sorry to hear this, he was a really, REALLY nice guy according to my dad. (I only remember him from that time he let me sit in his car!) One thing I DO remember, everyone called him Buddy and I remember later that day asking my dad what his "real" name was.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain