Thread: Did a Thumper this AM

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar

Did a Thumper this AM

Garage sales, estate sales usually are not my cup of tea, but this AM there was one just a few houses down from me so I walked over.
    Lot of stuff, but most of which I already have, but a couple of things just caught my eye.
    Bought two rod and reel combo's. One is a 9' Pro-Angler Custom Steelhead rod with some no name open face reel, the other R&R was a
    7' Shakespeare Ugly Stick with a Shakespeare Mustang open face reel.
    Both rods are like brand new, one foot ceramic guides, one with a cork handle, the other with foam.
    Then the lady came up to me and said she'd throw in this with the deal.
    Here's where I need your help, it's needs the mount, transducer and wires, I"m sure I can find some one flea-bay. Last time I owned one of these it was a Lawrence. I know it's old tech, but hey, so am I.
    So how'd I do for a total of $10 ?
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Some poor guy must of cheated....she's selling all his stuff while he's at work.

Sounds like you got a great deal.. Eagle is made by Lowrance so a lot of the cables and mounts are interchangeable.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    You done good...real good...However...> Thumper would have jewed them down to $5

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Poor guy is in a home for old farts with no memory, wife is moving into a old folks home where she doesn't have to mow the lawn.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    Poor guy is in a home for old farts with no memory
    Of course he has no memories, she is selling them all!!! lol!

Careful there Bubba, it can be addicting. I had one of those fish finders also. When my step-dad passed away, my mom sold his boat, which had the wiring harnesses and transponder mounted on it. I later found the fish finder in a bedroom closet along with the instruction book. I sold it on eBay and simply listed it as, "for parts or repair" and explained the circumstances. I'm SURE it worked, but had no way of testing it, so I listed it as I saw it.

Go out again next weekend and tell us what you find!

In fact, my buddy will be here in a few mins. and we're heading back out to a couple of sales.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Just that ugly stick alone would be worth more than you paid. Those are actually great rods. We use a lot of them striker fishing. Is it a one piece? (I like those better)
    I'm Sure you can google the depth finder and get the wiring and transducer. I've ordered a couple over time for mine as I always use a trolling motor mount and have broken several.
    Sounds like you got some good deals.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!