Quote Originally Posted by Nandy View Post
Soo, That one ^^^^^ knows this one vvvvvv....

And I let him in.... Sorry folks, Im a lousy admin....

Just Kidding, welcome MrNuke.

Well, not quite accurate but close bucky.... To keep it simple, SMS(text) and Voice (legacy, not VoLTE or Ipuss) runs in the same network, the difference is that SMS is a digital service over analog so, your text will need a second of GSM signal to transfer it contents to your provider and vice versa. In other words, you type your text, hit send, there is no signal so phones puts the message in standby, faint signal comes, phones do handshake, send a bunch of bits in half a second, you loose signal 2 seconds later but you never noticed all of that happening. Signals, Specially low signals as GSM can bounce off stuff as tree leaves and even airplanes. Once we go to VoLTE and the GSM/GPRS networks are turned off this wont happen much and when you are out, YOU ARE OUT of signal....

Wife is addicted to it, I am on the other spectrum, I like it but to me is not worth the money... However, since she pays for it I have their app to listen to Rumbon ch 767 when I get nostalgic. I have a vast Caribbean music library but I don't nearly have it all...

Wife listen more of the time to the 80's, 90's, The highway (she is a converted Yankee) Y2Kountry and some metalica like station... I do comedy central most of the times or the 80's on 8.
Dude! Only ATT is running GSM!!