Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beatin' and Bangin'

Hey everyone. Yeah, I got to know Captain a little while ago and he told me to check this place out. My fun job is the 2nd fueler for Kevin

Mr. Nuke as you can tell we really have a hard time staying on topic! And basically this place has no rules other than we try to be respectful.
    Glad you showed up!
    Lots of good Folks here from the U.S. And Canada. We make good friends here from all over and travel and do a little hunting and fishing together from time to time.
    Just jump in anytime but realize most the dufes are crazy.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I have no idea what that means, but welcome! Cappy is fine folks. DO NOT TELL him that I said so. He has a big head at times.

My fun job is doing nothing. And I never start that before 10:00 a.m.!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

He put fuel in Kevin's #4 car during the race Bucky.... Go back to sleep and watch that boring Base-a-ball.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Welcome Nuke, love the diversity that you bring to this board . Sounds like a cool job.....

Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
    Welcome Nuke, love the diversity that you bring to this board . Sounds like a cool job.....
    Main job is selling mortgages. I'm not big time yet!

What happened to Kevin's first 3 cars?

And I was awake, but I started thinking of circles, and circles, endless circles, and I fell asleep!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by mrnuke View Post
    Main job is selling mortgages. I'm not big time yet!
    We argue / discuss everything here but hunting, or we haven't since I came aboard .....lol Welcome !

Nuke ... if you REALLY need to know anything about the site or anyone here, just ask me. You won't get a straight answer form anyone else ... trust me on that one. ESPECIALLY that Captain dude ... he's pretty much clueless. (I think it might be that "cherry juice" he drinks from time to time)
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by mrnuke View Post
    Next fall Virginia tech plays Tennessee. Race was pretty good, tough coming in 2nd... Again
    Soo, That one ^^^^^ knows this one vvvvvv....
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Glad you checked in! And WELCOME. I was helping Y'all all I could from the easy chair last night. Good job over the wall by the way! I was watching ya'
    Good luck at the lady in black.
    Be careful and don't listen to any of these dufes except me.
    And I let him in.... Sorry folks, Im a lousy admin....

Just Kidding, welcome MrNuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    but if I ever did, texting always worked for some silly reason. I never could figure that out ... I'd have no bars and "no service" would be plastered across my screen, but I could always text.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    The SMS system runs on a separate bandwidth than voice........and takes far less of it to function.
    Well, not quite accurate but close bucky.... To keep it simple, SMS(text) and Voice (legacy, not VoLTE or Ipuss) runs in the same network, the difference is that SMS is a digital service over analog so, your text will need a second of GSM signal to transfer it contents to your provider and vice versa. In other words, you type your text, hit send, there is no signal so phones puts the message in standby, faint signal comes, phones do handshake, send a bunch of bits in half a second, you loose signal 2 seconds later but you never noticed all of that happening. Signals, Specially low signals as GSM can bounce off stuff as tree leaves and even airplanes. Once we go to VoLTE and the GSM/GPRS networks are turned off this wont happen much and when you are out, YOU ARE OUT of signal....

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I ain't gonna go without my Sirus radio.
    Wife is addicted to it, I am on the other spectrum, I like it but to me is not worth the money... However, since she pays for it I have their app to listen to Rumbon ch 767 when I get nostalgic. I have a vast Caribbean music library but I don't nearly have it all...

Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
    I like the Highway, my wife likes the Message.
    Wife listen more of the time to the 80's, 90's, The highway (she is a converted Yankee) Y2Kountry and some metalica like station... I do comedy central most of the times or the 80's on 8.

Heh heh heh heh...he said I Puss.

BKB

no, I say Ipuss, get of the bong man!!!!! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Nandy View Post
    Soo, That one ^^^^^ knows this one vvvvvv....

And I let him in.... Sorry folks, Im a lousy admin....

Just Kidding, welcome MrNuke.

Well, not quite accurate but close bucky.... To keep it simple, SMS(text) and Voice (legacy, not VoLTE or Ipuss) runs in the same network, the difference is that SMS is a digital service over analog so, your text will need a second of GSM signal to transfer it contents to your provider and vice versa. In other words, you type your text, hit send, there is no signal so phones puts the message in standby, faint signal comes, phones do handshake, send a bunch of bits in half a second, you loose signal 2 seconds later but you never noticed all of that happening. Signals, Specially low signals as GSM can bounce off stuff as tree leaves and even airplanes. Once we go to VoLTE and the GSM/GPRS networks are turned off this wont happen much and when you are out, YOU ARE OUT of signal....

Wife is addicted to it, I am on the other spectrum, I like it but to me is not worth the money... However, since she pays for it I have their app to listen to Rumbon ch 767 when I get nostalgic. I have a vast Caribbean music library but I don't nearly have it all...

Wife listen more of the time to the 80's, 90's, The highway (she is a converted Yankee) Y2Kountry and some metalica like station... I do comedy central most of the times or the 80's on 8.
    Dude! Only ATT is running GSM!!

No, not only AT&T, actually, almost 99% of Europe uses GSM and the rest uses CDMA(verizon, sprint, etc). However, while the innerwork of the 2 are different the result (as far as text and voice) is the same, one 3 seconds of signal will be more than enough to transmit the packets. the main difference is with cdma you cant browse the net while you talk and GSM allows you too. However, that is not a point of contention here.

Europe? Like yeah, but who cares????

Back to the original statement.............text doesn't use the same bandwidth as voice, and takes less of it, so it sometimes works when voice doesn't.

And technically.........there's really only TDMA and CDMA.

GSM is just a type of TDMA.

Back to the original statement.............text doesn't use the same bandwidth as voice, and takes less of it, so it sometimes works when voice doesn't.
    Something odd along those lines, my truck's On Star is Verizon, my in dash intellcast (text messages on the screen) is ATT. Why would GMC use both ???

They don't. They use OnStar, which uses Verizon in your area apparently. OnStar made that decision, not GMC.

GSM is a type of TDMA, you are correct, not sure how that matters.
    Read your own statement:
    And technically.........there's really only TDMA and CDMA.

GSM is just a type of TDMA.
    What both of these do is have multiple services in the same radio bandwidth. The difference is how they do it, but it is still the same radio frequency. Yes, sms does not use the same amount of frames as voice but that is not what you said but probably what you meant.

CDMA was developed in Europe, TDMA in North America, yet most europe uses TDMA.... I let you draw your conclusion.

Again, as I explained before, voice and sms works in the same CDMA or TDMA radio signal. The difference is sms takes lot less time to send a 10 lines text with 500 words total than what it takes for a person to:
    notice their phone has signal.
    dial the number.
    the other person pick up the phone.
    you say your 500 words.
    Finish the call...

All of the above without interruption due to spotty signal....

y'all need to call each other and work this out.

or get a room.

bKB

Why? you jealous im taking buckys "bkb" attention away?

He could text me about it.

But I'd probably read it too fast.

Can you imagine how boring those two would be at a party?

And Bucky says he don't read NASCAR threads. He's posted more on this one than anyone.

This was a NASCAR thread??

Oh yeah! I had to go back a few pages ... I'd forgotten!

It was?

I do NOT hate Nascar for you guys. Let me rephrase. I do not hate that you guys like Nascar. I don't belittle your love of it, nor interject smarmy little remarks about your comments on it. I am happy that you have something on TV to watch that you like. I'm not against Nascar, or wish it would go away. I simply do not see the attraction. So I quietly don't watch it.

I do enjoy discussing a lot of different things, and try NOT to be so Chauvinistic towards only the things I like, and I don't belittle the hobbies and likes of others. Chatting on an internet chat site is like going to a Restaurant. My wife always says "I don't care" when I ask her where she wants to go. But she DOES care! It's ME that doesn't care. There is not a restaurant in America that I can't go into and find something on the menu I'll eat. NOT HER! She has many places that she can't eat there at all. Yet she won't pick. Me, I can find something to eat everywhere. I like a lot of things! Just like chatting.......I can talk politics, or baseball, or football, or fishing, or hunting, or travel, or guns, or houses, or cars, or technology, or TV shows, or anything. But on Nascar, I just don't have anything to say because I have zero knowledge.

(All that was for Mr. Nuke, by the way!!! haha)

Dang! Stop-it! You're starting to sound likie a politician!

BTW - Baseball sucks big weenies!

This week it is on too late... dang west coast trips...

Amen to that. I tried last night but couldn't make it. Just too old!

Yep me too... watch some and then wait and see the outcome the next morning...