Went fishing again today (18 crappie, 4 bass, 1 bull bream, and a 4 lb flathead, if you must know), and had an electrical short issue that happened last Thursday......I didn't mention it then.

Both times, when I fire up the big motor (NOT every time, sometimes all is OK), both front and console depthfinders go blank! Wham. Will not come back on. Dead.

Last Thursday, I pulled the fuse box (a chore, you have to stand on your head INSIDE the boat) and just pulled out the fuse for the console DF and stuck it back in. Voila, everything worked. NOTHING is labeled on the fuse panel! And it's the stupidest design I ever saw. I have not pulled the fuse panel today..........I cleaned the fish and took a shower, and said HECK WID IT for now.

I do NOT think that the front DF and the back one are on the same fuse, though!!! In fact, I'm sure of it. Yet both of them go dark, wham, when big motor starts sometimes. I tried every other electrical device I could, and all worked..........horn, lights, accessory, bilge, live well pump..........

Sometimes I just wonder if I have shot a puppy or something. I get having a blowout, and a flat, and stuff like that. That's normal stuff. But crazy things like this make me frustrated. I know y'all laugh at me, but I do know how to do most stuff.........but this one is baffling.

??????