Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flake or possibility? (this "might" get long & turn into a Thump post) ...

Well I thought this was about Reagan, not Obama. And the Bushes are a legacy of Ronald Reagan. After all, Bush cleaned up a Reagan mess by pardoning all involved in the Iran contra affair. And Bush and Reagan both granted amnesty to over 3.5 million illegals. both Bush and Reagan took actions to bolster Medicare. Both raised taxes but only Bush paid the price for it. Neither one of those guys would pass muster with the crazies we have running the GOP right now. you guys want to praise Reagan as the greatest president that ever served yet you'd ostracize ANY candidate that did the things both of those presidents did.

I strongly dislike both Bush's as presidents. The elder gets my nod because he's a decorated veteran and an outdoorsman and carried himself with respect. Bush II can kiss my ass and no amount of your whitewashing him will ever make me think otherwise. And without Bush I as president, we'd ever have had Bush II as president. and without Reagan, we wouldn't have had either.

And Obama's performance hasn't had anything to do with the topic of this post: Reagan and Trump. They're important because people say Trump is no conservative. Well friends, neither was Ronald Reagan.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Who was? Anyone?

I don't care what he was. He wasn't a Democrat.

You can label me, and Trump, anything you want. What I actually am, is an Anti-Democratic-Party person. If that has a label, lay it on me. But it's not GOP, or Conservative. Whatever the Democratic Party believes, I believe the opposite. There's zero of their policies I agree with. So I just vote for whoever runs against them. There never will be anyone who is for all that I'm for.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Barry, I think that's a pretty good analysis and I agree with it for the most part. I don't recall the animosity starting with Bush I. My recollection was that it started with the Clinton and got worse with the electoral college fiasco from Bush II/Gore. (I don't claim that to be an impartial view point as I think Clinton, who in reality didn't do that bad of a job running things, did more to tarnish the office than any President since Nixon.)

My biggest gripe with Bush I at he time was not finishing off Saddam Hussein. History, I think, has proven him right and not me. All that's done is further stabilize he region and we have Bush II and the neocons to blame for that bit of hubris.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Glad you have such a sound basis for your political beliefs and glad its working out so well for you then. Mine isn't much different, only like 180 degrees, but the methodology is much the same.

But don't try to bullshit your way through the reality of what these guys stood for. Both parties have morphed to the point, and you make it all the time, that a moderate has no voice any more. Nor do they even get an objective ear when it comes to how we should do things. And folks of your ilk have turned politics into hatred. I once read a post you made where you said you couldn't see yourself being friends with a liberal. The gist of it was that they are immoral. (Time to bring the abortion issue again in case you missed the chance thought I'd remind).

so enjoy Trump. You got what you deserved. I hope he wins the nomination.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Barry, I think that's a pretty good analysis and I agree with it for the most part. I don't recall the animosity starting with Bush I. My recollection was that it started with the Clinton and got worse with the electoral college fiasco from Bush II/Gore. (I don't claim that to be an impartial view point as I think Clinton, who in reality didn't do that bad of a job running things, did more to tarnish the office than any President since Nixon.)

My biggest gripe with Bush I at he time was not finishing off Saddam Hussein. History, I think, has proven him right and not me. All that's done is further stabilize he region and we have Bush II and the neocons to blame for that bit of hubris.

Funny, but I thought Bush I did a much better job with Iraq than II. He outlined the mission, went in and did it, and came home. And I think he realized that as bad an actor that Saddam was, taking him down at the time would have created what we have today in Syria and in Iraq.

Funny how viewpoints differ.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Glad you have such a sound basis for your political beliefs and glad its working out so well for you then. Mine isn't much different, only like 180 degrees, but the methodology is much the same.

But don't try to bullshit your way through the reality of what these guys stood for. Both parties have morphed to the point, and you make it all the time, that a moderate has no voice any more. Nor do they even get an objective ear when it comes to how we should do things. And folks of your ilk have turned politics into hatred. I once read a post you made where you said you couldn't see yourself being friends with a liberal. The gist of it was that they are immoral. (Time to bring the abortion issue again in case you missed the chance thought I'd remind).

BKB
    Sigh.

I consider that a very low blow.

I am friends with several Liberals. I don't remember any such post. I don't feel that way. I remember, however, you saying that you hated George W Bush and would hate him even if he cured cancer. You didn't give reasons.

When you accuse me of things, it seems to me that even if the accusation is untrue, that you are just as guilty.

And when I hear you say, as you did the other day, that you consider Bernie Sanders a moderate, then I sort of discount your view of what a moderate is. But I do agree that it is not me that wishes for a Moderate to be in charge. And I have not turned politics into hatred............but I do believe I can pick out very hateful statements in almost every political post that you make. I assume you don't see those, but I do.

I do see why folks on this site that I THINK agree with me politically, don't post anymore, though.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

And not once have I said I was a Trump supporter.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    No, actually I think we're in complete agreement. At the time, I thought Bush 1 should have finished the job and screw he chaos that ensued. History showed me to be completely wrong and I see that pretty clearly now. In my defense, I saw the error of my ways and disagreed with Bush II and his nation building plans from the start.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

BKB
    I was going to describe to you, and Hank, why those right wingnut guys like Trump, and probably why Thump started the post. The list is long, but basically he says what they are thinking...........on most every subject.......and they are willing to give in to a few of his liberal policies, the ones that they can't win anyway, because of this. I have not supported him, I'm just reporting what folks I am around say. Here is a perfect example of why folks like the things he says:

This is from him and Cuomo.........

Do you think it is time to do something else about guns?” Cuomo asked. “Would you do something different with gun policy?”

“I don’t think I would, because this is really a sick person,” Trump said of the WDBJ shooter. “This isn’t a gun problem, this is a mental problem.”

Trump cited the recent thwarted terror attack on a Paris-bound train where U.S. servicemen helped take down the gunman and argued they could’ve more easily defended themselves if they were armed.

“Frankly, you know, a case like this, he snuck up on them — whether it was with a gun or a knife or whatever it would’ve been, it would’ve been something,” Trump said of the WDBJ shooting. “You’re not going to get rid of all guns.”

He continued, “I know one thing: if you tried to do it, the bad guys would have them…and the good folks would abide by the law — they’d be hopeless, and it would just be a hopeless situation for them.”

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar

But don't try to bullshit your way through the reality of what these guys stood for. Both parties have morphed to the point, and you make it all the time, that a moderate has no voice any more. Nor do they even get an objective ear when it comes to how we should do things. And folks of your ilk have turned politics into hatred.

BKB
    From reading theses posts, you are the one that started with the negative comments about anyone. I don't know what "ilk" to blame, but you seem to be infected by the hatred too.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

FYI, as you pointed out, I may have different definition of a moderate. In my definition a moderate is a person that won't step on his ideological dick. Ronald Reagan was one of the great moderates of our time as I've been trying to point out to you with several examples. He hated Medicare, yet he signed bills and worked with the Congress to save it and expand it. He did a lot of things that were outside of his ideological beliefs but were for the greater good of the country. He was bigger than he was supposed to be. A wingnut, or radical, or 'non-moderate' would be one of the 'my way or the highway' idiots we have in there today. Our system wasn't designed so that one party or one segment of the people could cram their ideals into law. It was designed so that from both sides of the argument we could decide the best course and take it. sometimes that's compromise, sometimes it isn't, and I understand that. But again, my whole point was to agree with whoever the hell said it that reagan was the best president of our time but to point out that it was his willingness to get outside of his personal belief box to make things happen that led him to do his greatest things.
    And of the current field, Sanders and Kasich both fit that definition of what a moderate is. Nobody else really does that I've seen.
    BKB

GOD I agree with Posthole on an issue other than fishing knots and white likker!
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    From reading theses posts, you are the one that started with the negative comments about anyone. I don't know what "ilk" to blame, but you seem to be infected by the hatred too.
    I'm not sure how to disagree with you or Bucky any more without you both getting your panties in a wad. I think you both need to grow some thicker skin but tht's just my opinion.

BKB

I probably do. That's a fault of mine.

But I do need to be able to notice when you are being meaner than a junkyard snake, and hypocritical to boot, and say so without YOU getting all ticked, too.

But that's just my opinion.

I'm not sure how to disagree with you or Bucky any more without you both getting your panties in a wad. I think you both need to grow some thicker skin but tht's just my opinion.

BKB
    But.....you know NTB is right in this case. We might not need thicker skin if you'd not try and claim we are guilty of stuff and you ain't! You is too!

I see, so now I'm mean as snake. All because of what? Where did I say something mean to you? Because I said you'd said before you couldn't be friends with a liberal? You said it, and you've said it more than once. But that doesn't really matter.
    You're a self procalimed immoderate. And that's fine and dandy. But don't get all butt hurt when somebody has a different opinion and calls you out on bullshit.

This is what you posted that I said was bullshit.
    "I don't care what he was. He wasn't a Democrat.
    You can label me, and Trump, anything you want. What I actually am, is an Anti-Democratic-Party person. If that has a label, lay it on me. But it's not GOP, or Conservative. Whatever the Democratic Party believes, I believe the opposite. There's zero of their policies I agree with. So I just vote for whoever runs against them. There never will be anyone who is for all that I'm for."

It might be your pure political belief (and I happen to know it isn't), but it's still bullshit. And as I TRIED to point out many times to get back to the original subject of the post, it certainly wasn't the description of the man most conservatives view as the greatest president ever.

And quit trying to make this post about you and me. It isn't. Its about Reagan. Or at least it was until you got all butt hurt.

BKB

Hehehe Posty said Butt Hurt.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

See?
    A) It ain't bullcrap. It's real, valid, and you can't stand it. So you get mean as a snake. Then you say you aren't doing that. My great gracious and a biscuit.

B) I never said such a thing. Prove it. If I didn't say it, saying that I did is being mean as a snake, ain't it?

C) "THIS post"? This is Goodhunting. Thumper can get over my bringing up baseball in a Nascar post, and you can get over my talking about me and you in ANY Post! Crap, dude............me and you are about 83.5054% of why this place is not dead as a freaking hammer!

D) You ain't butt hurt me! See, there you go again. If you disagree, you're doing it the right way. But when I call you out, I'm 'butt hurt'. And that post seems you're more butt hurt than I am.

E) I can call my position "Moderate" if I want to. You do it.

Can we talk baseball? If I have to talk about Trump and Hillary and That Crap for 420 more days I'm going postal!

You guys spend way too much time arguing about how you argue. You're gonna cause a black hole or schism shift of some kind of you keep it up!

Yes... I said schism shift. band name!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar

You're all full of doo doo, poo poo, caca, and good ole number two!

BKB

I thought I was full of water.

I can't keep up.

Thump, to revert back and actually answer your first post on this.............I read a really good editorial today that maybe expresses what you were saying originally. He really is an enigma. And he really is polarizing. But hey, so is every single important issue of the day.

Despite a nuclear Iran looming on the horizon, the media seem to be putting most of their attention on two candidates for their respective parties' presidential nominations next year. Moreover, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump each make their own parties nervous.

If next year's election comes down to Clinton versus Trump, a lot of people may simply stay home in disgust.

When we are this far away from the official start of the primary election season, we can usually just say, "It's still early." Many a front-runner this early in the process ended up out of the running by the time the party conventions were held, and totally forgotten by election day.

That is the way it usually is. But that is not likely to be the way it will be this time.

This is Hillary Clinton's last hurrah. It is now or never for her.

Even if an investigation finds Mrs. Clinton guilty of violating the law in the way she handled emails when she was secretary of state, the Obama administration is not likely to prosecute her. And President Obama can always pardon her, so that the next administration cannot prosecute her either. So Hillary doesn't even have to take a plea bargain.

On the Republican side, former speaker of the House Newt Gingrich has pointed out that if Donald Trump can continue to get 20 or 25 percent of the Republican voters on his side, he can build up a formidable lead of delegates in winner-take-all primaries.

It will not matter if 60 percent of the Republican voters turn against him if that 60 percent is split up among all the other Republican candidates, with none of those candidates getting more votes than Trump.

Sometimes financial backers can withdraw their support and force a stubborn candidate to drop out of the race. But Trump has enough money of his own to stay in the race as long as he wants to, even if that ruins the Republicans' chances of winning the 2016 elections.

Ironically, the Republicans have a much stronger set of presidential candidates than usual to choose from this year. But the media obsession with Trump means that even the best of these candidates are not likely to get enough exposure for most voters to get to know much about them.

Governors with superb records--such as Bobby Jindal in Louisiana and Scott Walker in Wisconsin--may not have much name recognition on the national scene. And certainly the little sound bites in the so-called "debates" are not likely to tell the voters much.

This is not just the candidates' problem. With this country facing historic dangers, both internally and internationally, we urgently need to find someone with depth, insight and courage as the next president of the United States.

But with the media obsessed with Donald Trump's show-biz talents and persona--and covering everything he says, does or might do, 24/7--how are the voters to sort through the large number of Republican candidates to find a couple that are worth getting to know more thoroughly?

It will be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. And never was finding that needle, the right leader, more important for the nation.

Internally, we are so polarized over immigration that our current "leaders" have left our borders wide open to terrorists from around the world, rather than take the political risks of offending voters on one side of this issue or offending voters on the opposite side. Instead, they risk American lives by their inaction.

Internationally, our leaders have written a blank check for our most dangerous and fanatical enemy--Iran--to get both nuclear bombs and the missiles to deliver them. And the Obama administration, with a track record of huge shameless lies, offers us its reassurances.

We had better find that needle in a haystack, someone who can salvage a desperate situation. Flamboyant rhetoric is not enough.

Administrator
    I'm not so worried about him setting the conservatives back 30 years. I'm more worried about him setting a match to the planet. There is a reason diplomacy is a thing.
    --Foo

I worry more that Obama has done that way more than Trump would.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...dog/ar-BBm9KAA

http://news.yahoo.com/iran-unveils-s...133417138.html

I'd imagine that someone brash as Trump just might save us from that match.

Quote Originally Posted by airbud7 View Post
    'Cause this is thriller, thriller night
    And no one's gonna save you from the beast about to strike
    You know it's thriller, thriller night
    You're fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller tonight...