FYI, as you pointed out, I may have different definition of a moderate. In my definition a moderate is a person that won't step on his ideological dick. Ronald Reagan was one of the great moderates of our time as I've been trying to point out to you with several examples. He hated Medicare, yet he signed bills and worked with the Congress to save it and expand it. He did a lot of things that were outside of his ideological beliefs but were for the greater good of the country. He was bigger than he was supposed to be. A wingnut, or radical, or 'non-moderate' would be one of the 'my way or the highway' idiots we have in there today. Our system wasn't designed so that one party or one segment of the people could cram their ideals into law. It was designed so that from both sides of the argument we could decide the best course and take it. sometimes that's compromise, sometimes it isn't, and I understand that. But again, my whole point was to agree with whoever the hell said it that reagan was the best president of our time but to point out that it was his willingness to get outside of his personal belief box to make things happen that led him to do his greatest things.
And of the current field, Sanders and Kasich both fit that definition of what a moderate is. Nobody else really does that I've seen.
BKB