Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Reagan Years...

Thanks for posting that Thump. With your references to Memphis, I thought we might have a link. He seemed like a big deal back in the day, but heck I was young too. I had forgot about his daughter, she was hot hot hot !

I never knew his name was actually Dante Donati! Dang! I can't believe I didn't know his daughter, but she may have been quite a bit older than me back in those days. I lived in Memphis through h/s and into college until I went into the military. I went back for a year or two in the late 70's and I think I was something like 27 yrs. old when I left and headed for L.A.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I think he usually went by Don, but the reason I remember his name was because I also knew Joe Lunati.

Joe L. was a Memphis drag racer and had a cam shop. He ground a cam for me for my little street racer, but Crane Cams sent me an experimental model they wanted me to try and it was KILLER. I was running that Crane cam/solid lifters, sodium filled Manley valves and a set of heads that my dad blue printed ... on the street! I have no clue whatever happened to that cam Lunati ground for me.

Anyway, that's how I remember "Don's" name was Joe .... I knew Joe Donati & Joe Lunati.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I think he usually went by Don, but the reason I remember his name was because I also knew Joe Lunati.

Joe L. was a Memphis drag racer and had a cam shop. He ground a cam for me for my little street racer, but Crane Cams sent me an experimental model they wanted my to try and it was KILLER. I was running that Crane cam/solid lifters, sodium filled Manley valves and a set of heads that my dad blue printed ... on the street! I have no clue whatever happened to that cam Lunati ground for me.

Anyway, that's how I remember "Don's" name was Joe .... I knew Joe Donati & Joe Lunati.
    His shop foreman at Leader was a big time drag racer, he was a black guy if that helps, but I don't remember his name.