I'll try to make this a short story. I've been going on an annual'ish Shenandoah camping fishing trip with a young friend if mine and a couple of his buddies for a few years now. We had scheduled it for this September 18th weekend.

This year I managed to screw up and double book myself with weddings that weekend so I can't go.

But I still wanna go the following weekend of the Friday the 25th. The drill has been go early Friday, setup camp, tents, fish a little. Then the outfitter comes and picks you up Saturday morning, drops you in the river way above the campground and you fish your way back, whoever long you want to take. Sunday is breakfast, and mosey along with either fishing more, or heading back from whence you came.

So I'm throwing it out here to see if any of you dufes may want to join in.

This is the company that owns the primitive campsite (water and dons johns) and does the shuttling, canoe/kayak rental. I bring my own canoe and kayak and pay their shuttle fee. The campsite is at the bottom of a place called Compton Rapids. Which, as history tells us, is where Cap'n and Hammerhead went down sideways and backwards and still didn't spill the canoe. A feat unmatched by any humans since.

I'm looking for it to be low maintenance. No hand holding. Bring your own shit. Maybe coordinate some meals, etc.

http://www.downriver.com/canoe-trips/

Even if I don't get any takers, I may damn well go by myself