Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Arkansas, the lastest

Open Carry Arkansas, the lastest

Administrator
    Why did I read that in Kevin Spacey's voice?
    --Foo

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Too many people consider an AG opinion to be law, or precedent.

Can't be........clearly. Simply, if for no other reason, than the last two AG's in this state are diametrically opposed in their opinions. As well may be the next one.

The best case for a concrete understanding is if/when the Bald Knob case that just got a conviction in municipal court is appealed (which it will be) and finally heard and adjudicated by a meaningful court.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Police officer told me recently there is no open carry in Arkansas. Most don't enforce it but you can be prosecuted for it.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

AG just disputed that. Previous one agreed. Bald Knob nutbag Chief disagreed.

We ain't gonna know till a higher court rules. Period.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I'm pretty sure, as of RIGHT now, we in Arkansas can open carry. Now we just have to get all the law enforcement on the same page, or rewrite the law.

And QA's LEO disagrees.

I keep saying, it's all a meaningless opinion UNTIL a higher meaningful court rules. You can opine all you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    And QA's LEO disagrees.

I keep saying, it's all a meaningless opinion UNTIL a higher meaningful court rules. You can opine all you want.
    Well it's coming..... and without a change, it will be that you can open carry. It's pretty simple !

They just said on the News that you can open carry .

And QA's LEO will arrest you. As will others.

Hello??

Do you scream at the moon ???? You know, only one person was arrested for open carry and it was because of a earlier incident ? It's legal, they said it on the news, so did that link, you can't be arrested for something that is legal ! Good grief ......

Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
    Do you scream at the moon ????

does howling count as screaming?

How about baying?

BKB

All of the above ... 'course, Bucky calls it "singing".
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
    Do you scream at the moon ???? You know, only one person was arrested for open carry and it was because of a earlier incident ? It's legal, they said it on the news, so did that link, you can't be arrested for something that is legal ! Good grief ......
    You THINK it's legal. It MAY be. This AG said it is. The previous said NO IT ISN'T.

Do you ever listen to anything other than those reverberating voices in your head????

You THINK it's legal. It MAY be. This AG said it is. The previous said NO IT ISN'T.
    Ummmm, stupid question ... If the PRESENT AG says it's legal ... does it really matter what the PREVIOUS AG said?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Do you ever listen to anything other than those reverberating voices in your head????
    ME ????? I'm quoting the News and the top source in the State !!!!! Who is listening to voices now ???

You are NOT quoting the top source in the State. That's what I'm telling you.

The Chief Justice of The Arkansas Supreme Court is the top legal source in the State. You are quoting a Lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Ummmm, stupid question ... If the PRESENT AG says it's legal ... does it really matter what the PREVIOUS AG said?
    I'll bet you a cast iron skillet, when they reverse this law, he then say it's legal ! LOL and will probably be the first to be busted !

Google (if you know how) "How binding is an AG opinion?" and read all night, if you want. But you are dead wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Yes.

It matters because both are (duh) OPINIONS and not binding legal precedents.

This is like talking to kindergarten kids. Did any of you take Civics in school anywhere?

You are NOT quoting the top source in the State. That's what I'm telling you.

The Chief Justice of The Arkansas Supreme Court is the top legal source in the State. You are quoting a Lawyer.
    The didn't ask the Chief Justice, because there was NO NEED TO !

Oh yes there is!

Good night, Scott. You don't deal with being dead wrong well.........just somethin' I've noticed about ya!

Google (if you know how) "How binding is an AG opinion?" and read all night, if you want. But you are dead wrong.
    They said it was legal on the News tonight, are you saying they are wrong too ???

Duh.

I'm saying neither the News nor the Ark AG gets to decide what is actually legal.

Did you Google what I asked?

Nope. You are just bloviating.

Duh.

I'm saying neither the News nor the Ark AG gets to decide what is actually legal.
    Well you need to call them then, because BOTH of them said it was legal ......

Rutledge, while maintaining that she does not encourage “open carry”, said a person may carry a weapon in plain view if they are not violating state or federal law.

Sigh.

Knock yourself out, man. Let us know how it turns out. I am not calling anyone. They would be as recalcitrant and stubborn as you are, I don't doubt.

But it's clear that you must be a Liberal Democrat. Because you have no intentions of listening to the 'other' side of any argument. You just want to talk and not listen. You've said the same thing over and over, and not paid one minute's attention to what I have said.

I'm right on this one. Sorry.

Sigh.

Knock yourself out, man. Let us know how it turns out. I am not calling anyone. They would be as recalcitrant and stubborn as you are, I don't doubt.

But it's clear that you must be a Liberal Democrat. Because you have no intentions of listening to the 'other' side of any argument. You just want to talk and not listen. You've said the same thing over and over, and not paid one minute's attention to what I have said.

I'm right on this one. Sorry.
    There is no argument Bill, everyone is saying it's legal BUT you.......WTF ??????