Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If I was a Cop Today

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Who said incarcerated people had anything to do with this?

Only you brought that up, oddly so.

Besidez, if you don't want to be incarcerated don't do crimes. I've never been.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Yep and he was a dumbass and the folks of Charleston stood above his racial crap. They acted like class people. I hope the shooter in that case burns in Hell. It was without a doubt a racial shooting and to sit with a group in Gods house and Bible study with, pray with them and then kill them is as bad as I've ever heard.
    But where was all the looking and store burnings and riots in Huston when the guy (black) shot the cop 15 times? And be certain of one thing, he didn't just shoot him cause he was a cop, he shot him because he was a white cop!
    When you have a racist group like this black live matters that want to separate themselves by race spouting off "pigs in a blanket fry them like bacon" this moves people to do things they probably would not otherwise do. So yes they do hold some responsibility.
    There is a real push on in this country to target cops. I'm still active and I read the Intel reports. If you choose to not believe it that's fine. But don't tell me I'm FOS on a matter that I'm close to.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I simply don't understand postholes position on this. I don't get it. Why? SO far off base. I honestly try. I cant.

How did we get to this point?
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

You think its odd that I think there's a more fundamental problem than 'niggers' that's the reason for this shit?

Give me a fucking large break if you have trouble understanding that I think its a little more complicatied than that.

BKB

Good grief man.

I'm not instigating this hate or language, ok?

Stop assuming.

Later

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    'niggers'
    BKB
    Oh no he didnt! lol! sorry, I have no idea why I am laughing so hard cuz you use the N word...

I will be hard to turn to believe that "black lives matter" itself has anything to do with a person killing a police officer, which would not otherwise had done it. I believe there is a war out there but it has been brewing for quite some time. If I were to blame I would blame the media who has a large impact on peoples perception and could influence people better. Just like propaganda during the war and they are loving it because it is job security for them....

PS - I cant even believe I am participating in this discussion...

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Somebody hasn't had his calming glass of juicy fruit yet!

I ain't stirring the pot and would heap rather talk fishing or hunting.
    Barry you seem to think because we have such high crime rates and are sending so many folks to prison is somewhat out of skew with the rest of the world. But the real reason is the other countries still PUNISH folks for crimes committed.
    Here it is a joke, a person has to be convicted MANY times BEFORE they go to prison. And then it's some small sentence in which they will receive "good time", "day for day credit" "gain time" time off for cleaning up their own cell or delivering magazines in the block.... A 20 year sentence here MAY mean 3 years. And there is probably a trail of 20 or thirty people that were victimized
    Before that sentence was passed. The court and prison system is nothing for criminals to worry about. THATS the reason we are seeing revolving door inmates and that's the reason we are imprisoning so many people. It's the same career criminals. If we started locking criminals up for real time (20 years means 20 years) and they figured out time MEANS time you will see the crime go down. And in twenty years you could close have the prisons in the country cause folks would once again not want to be a part of it.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

One thing I've noticed when traveling the world is the fact ANY American I ever ran into would always say if they ever screwed up and ended up in prison in (insert any foreign country here) they would do everything possible to get sent back to the United States to serve their term. There's a reason for that. Generally, foreign prisons are no country club! We need to take lessons and make our prisons an actual punishment instead of a short vacation between crime sprees.

I think this "Black Lives Matter" does instigate crimes against cops. It's the old "gang mentality". You see a-holes rioting after simple things like a loss at a rival football game. People didn't go to the game planning to riot if their team lost. A small group of ne'er-do-wells get the emotions stirred up and the "piling on" begins. You see it many times ... rock concerts, whatever. That's what happens with groups like this. Certainly no good can come from it.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Your belief in that shows that you don't have the foggiest notion of the kind of people that are involved in that movement, as misguided as it might be.

BKB

Are we talking here about "Black lives matter" or the "black panthers". the idea of BLM is to serve as a watchman for police brutality against black people. It does not calls for illegal acts. Now, you can have someone claiming or even being part of the group and do something stupid and that dont means the organization support that. Heck, this is a very disorganized group to the point that there not seems to have a real organization structure... A police officer makes a mistake or abuse his powers does not makes every other police officer the same, neither does one psychopath that claims being part of a group make the rest of the group a psychopath....

Maybe if the group was called "Lives Matter" it would make more sense. Example, have you ever even heard the name Dillon Taylor? If not, why not? He was an unarmed white kid shot by a black cop just last month (Salt Lake City I believe). The way I understand it, he had ear plugs in his ears listening to his iPod or whatever. He matched the description of somebody in the area who was seen "waving a gun around". The kid reached down to turn off his iPod (or pull up his pants, whatever) and was shot dead. Unarmed white kid/black cop! Is it only BLACK lives that matter? If there needs to be a movement to weed out trigger happy cops, what the fuck does color have to do with anything? That's my beef.

Wait, there was a black dude in salt lake city? How'd he get in?
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Wait, there was a black dude in salt lake city? How'd he get in?
    He is a cop ... they get a pass.

Heck, Eldridge Cleaver (Black Panthers) was a Mormon.

The LDS have temples in West Africa!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Maybe if the group was called "Lives Matter" it would make more sense. Example, have you ever even heard the name Dillon Taylor? If not, why not? He was an unarmed white kid shot by a black cop just last month (Salt Lake City I believe). The way I understand it, he had ear plugs in his ears listening to his iPod or whatever. He matched the description of somebody in the area who was seen "waving a gun around". The kid reached down to turn off his iPod (or pull up his pants, whatever) and was shot dead. Unarmed white kid/black cop! Is it only BLACK lives that matter? If there needs to be a movement to weed out trigger happy cops, what the fuck does color have to do with anything? That's my beef.
    So your beef is in the name of the organization? Forgive me. I had no idea the depth of your feelings on this.

Sorry Jim. I'm as upset as anyone about these innocent people trying to their jobs for me and you being targeted. But seriously, have you read anythong about the people doing the killing? they arent gang members or random black people. they're career criminals. Where do career criminals come from?

bKB

Whether or not blacklivesmatter should be held responsible for anything is very debatable and actual facts vs speculation are very hard to come by.

I think maybe something in the middle that can maybe perhaps if you try a little, be agreed on is that there's lots of people stirring the pot using the #blacklivesmatter hashtag. That's really about the only thing I could pick out of this mess as an actual fact. A weak minded person will respond to pot stirring. Heck,t hey was things are going these days reasonable people will respond to pot stirring. Including myfineself.

I could be wrong.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Where do career criminals come from? bKB
    Prison Universities?

The Huston shooter...
    "Miles had a lengthy criminal record going back a decade, but never spent more than short stints in jail."

So now career criminals somehow have an excuse?

This is silly. I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    So now career criminals somehow have an excuse?

This is silly. I'm out.
    Where in the world did you get the idea this was an excuse?

Bye.

bKB

Cowboys don't cry and indians don't give a f--k.

Hahaha...no they don't do they?

bKB

Just keeping you on your toes

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    The Huston shooter...
    "Miles had a lengthy criminal record going back a decade, but never spent more than short stints in jail."
    But wait the system is too hard on people

Nobody ever said the system was too hard on people. What I said was our justice system seems to create veteran criminals. i'm not saying we need to mollycoddle ceiminals. But shouldn't we expect better from it? Y'alls buddy Ben Carson says it creates homosexuals fercrissakes.bkB

Where in the world did you get the idea this was an excuse?

Bye.

bKB
    From your post #45

It came to me in a dream (vision?) last night that you might be insane and simply can't think straight. That'd explain it.......gotta be something, eh?

Well, I've never denied that part.

I'm not saying there's any excuse. If we're going to do anything but talk to try to fix this issue of the number of career criminals in our cities though, I think we're going to have to have a hard look at at who we're throwing into prisons now and why. i think we're also going to have to look at a different solution for non violent crimes than the same prison we put our hard criminals.

All I'm saying is that there's more to this problem than race. Race issues might or might not trigger these bad guys today but whether they're triggered or not there's still a LOT of bad guys of all races out there and that's the problem. The other is a bullshit symptom.

BKB

Well it did just come to me.

I just think you're hiding the real problem. Saying career criminals are a big global problem simply deflects this discussion. Cops are scared. Folks....not career criminals......are rioting in the streets. Cops are being killed, and we're arguing percentages and history. You're trying to justify the validity of a racist hate group, and that part baffles me. I'm betting you are still basing your opinions on your agenda, and that you haven't checked them out fully. We're arguing agendas, not situational issues.

America has some serious problems....and generally obsessed over dumb stuff.

Agendas? Seriously?

no agendas here. And where is there rioting in the streets? And who is committing these murders? Tell me. Is it the rioters?
    Do you ever deal in facts?

bKB