Just got back to Condo. Totally wiped out! Between the sun and the fish I'm exhausted. Came down to chase Bull Reds but there is nothing to chase. We had a real calm morning and we ran offshore about 2 hours early this morning to fish for Spadefish and Ringtails on an old shipwreck. I was fishing a two hook bottom rig and cranking in a ringtail and just as he got to the boat a Barracuda darted out and got him. I had him on for about 20 seconds. We laughed about it and continued to fish. About a half hour later I was cranking in a small Spadefish and noticed something dark following it. So I just left the fish on the line hanging and a Amber Jack nailed it. Again I was fighting a 30 pound fish on light line and a bottom rig to boot so I worked him really easy. About 5 minutes he dove done on the wreck and cut the line. But it sure was fun. We had two large Shimano Stella reels with 60 pound braid on them. We tied 10 foot of 100 pound floracarbon leader and put a BIG circle hook on. I got a small Spadefish out of the livewell and put him on and sent the little bait out for a swim. It took about 1 minute and a 5 foot plus Barracuda nailed him. I fought that fish about 15 minutes and he cleared the water twice. I got him to the boat and he started thrashing around and cut off. But it sure was some fun! Threw another small bait on after tying on a new leader. Hooked up on a big Amber Jack and fought that fish for at least 30 minutes, To the point it was about not to be fun. He musta touched something on the wreck and actually cut the braid. Long story I hooked up and landed 6 nice Ambers and finally tied into another hoss... Fought him about 20 minutes and finally got the gaff in him. Got him on board and he had my OTHER hook and line still in him with the braid cut off about an inch above the tie. image-157902856.jpg
I'd like to make that run tomorrow and do it again, but I think we are fishing for slot Redfish tomorrow and I might keep a few if they are small enough.

image-3925174881.jpg